Glenn Danzig reuniting with the Misfits

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Browntrout on Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Philpenn wrote:Holy crap those Riotfest lineups are sweet. Denver may just beat out Chicago in my book. Going to see if my buddies want to hit up either.

Phish is gonna be in town for the Denver shows.
Browntrout
Art Connoisseur

Postby Philpenn on Thu May 19, 2016 7:32 am

^^ Is that a plus, or a negative?

DickButt wrote:Chicago wins in my book. It's insane.

Both are, and I'd be ecstatic to hit either. Taking away bands that will be at both, Denver beats Chicago for me 8-6. Denver's 8 has more drymount yeahs than Chicago's 6 also.
Philpenn
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C. Image

Postby simianfever on Thu May 19, 2016 8:14 am

Definite negative. (We are in a Misfits thread, I can be an asshole about Phish).

Hope this reunion extends beyond these shows, but probably ripe for quick implosion.
simianfever
Art Expert

Imagex4

Postby Philpenn on Mon May 23, 2016 7:58 am

Tickets bought.
Philpenn
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C. Image

Postby thefool on Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 am

hopefully the show will go great and they do a full US tour. definitely jealous of those who can make it.
thefool
Art Connoisseur

Postby Kramerica on Mon May 23, 2016 9:39 am

simianfever wrote:(We are in a Misfits thread, I can be an asshole about Phish).

I lol'ed.

Hoping this will extend into more of a nationwide thing as well. I even sacrificed my best goat to try and make it happen.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby BlakeAronson on Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 am

I'm not sure what all the excitement over this is, if you're a misfits fan the you'd realize Danzig has been doing misfits sets (and samhain) with Doyle during his legacy tours for the last few years. This is just adding Jerry Only, and despite being a really nice guy, he kinda brings the least to the table.

As for those misfits sets danzig has been playing, the crowds energy is what made them awesome, when they started playing bullet at LA Live a few years ago the whole venue went nuts, it was awesome.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

8=====D~~~~

Postby simianfever on Mon May 23, 2016 11:58 am

Yeah, I think it's just the excitement of the in name Misfits reuniting as opposed to some songs with Doyle at a Danzig show. As someone who cannot get behind the Danzig-less Misfits albums at all it's just a welcome reunion. Still think the over/under on this lasting is pretty low.
simianfever
Art Expert

Imagex4

Postby Philpenn on Mon May 23, 2016 12:13 pm

So much more than just The Misfits for me. All the Fat, all the indie. Hell, I'm pumped about the airport.
Philpenn
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C. Image

Postby BlakeAronson on Mon May 23, 2016 2:41 pm

simianfever wrote:Yeah, I think it's just the excitement of the in name Misfits reuniting as opposed to some songs with Doyle at a Danzig show. As someone who cannot get behind the Danzig-less Misfits albums at all it's just a welcome reunion. Still think the over/under on this lasting is pretty low.

that was my point, most people can't get behind the danzig less misfits albums (i do like famous monsters with graves) and that is very much Jerry Only. So the last 3 or 4 years people have had the opportunity to see a full misfits set with only danzig era songs, with danzig singing, and Doyle playing. The only addition here is Jerry on bass which is just a novelty. So if you've already caught a show on the legacy tours, this isn't something worth traveling over or going nuts over. If i lived in either of these cities I'd definitely still go because it will be good and fun, but I'd mostly go since there's some other great acts on the fest list.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

8=====D~~~~

Postby dasponyboy on Mon May 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Novelty or not(and I've seen 2 of the Danzig/Doyle shows and I am a Glenn is the voice of the Misfits guy) I just think it will be awesome to hear only Misfits songs, look up and see a Misfits backdrop and hopefully walk away with a poster of a show that if you told me was gonna happen 20 years ago I'd say you gone and lost your mind. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for an aftershow which is greedy but I don't give a fudge :D
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby Moran on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm

If there isn't a Misfits NYC Halloween show, capitalism will have failed us all
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Postby Zetterberg on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Got 3 day passes for Denver . . . this is going to be great. Anyone else think that Death Cab is an odd choice for this fest?
Zetterberg
Art Enthusiast

Postby Philpenn on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:27 am

^^ Not personally. Feel like a lot of punk kids grow into indie fans like I did. My comparison is always how I went from the fast punk harmonies of Bad Religion to the slow indie harmonies of Grizzly Bear. Not to say there won't be little punkers there shitting on the bands like Death Cab. Would be lying if I said I never was that kid. Nailed the broad from Save Ferris so hard with a trash lemon at a Warped Tour back in the day.
Philpenn
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C. Image

Previous

Return to Music