Guns N' Roses

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby cotis on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Joesunday wrote:
DickButt wrote: I feel like the set lagged in some parts but overall it was great.

In Chicago, the Chinese democracy songs let the air out of the sails

it's not a greatest hits tour. people need to get used to that.

DickButt wrote:
cotis wrote:show poster last night was solid. gold really pops.

glad you had a good time, seems to be the general consensus.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Love the gold and I love the glitter effect they used too. I saw Axl at MSG in 2002 right before the rest of the tour was canceled and thought it was an amazing show. He sounded even better last night. I feel like the set lagged in some parts but overall it was great.

a lot less solos this tour...
cotis
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:06 am

both shows at MetLife were sold out, or 99% last night. Saturday's show was a complete sell out but last night was not billed as so.

great comparison to the second night of Foxboro/Boston when the upper deck ticket-holders were moved down to the lower levels.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby DuoSonic on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Same with Chicago. The second night was had some upper sections closed off and people moved lower.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Postby soam24 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 pm

cotis wrote:
Joesunday wrote:
DickButt wrote: I feel like the set lagged in some parts but overall it was great.

Yeah.. but it's an old band.. people want a greatest hits show
soam24
Art Freak

Image http://numberedpaper.bigcartel.com/ <- buy art
TheGeneralDean wrote:Sarcasm is the first resort of the oblivious n the last refuge of the uneducated, so I understand why none of this makes sense to you

Postby cotis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:25 pm

soam24 wrote:
cotis wrote:
Joesunday wrote:

Yeah.. but it's an old band.. people want a greatest hits show

but it's not. when it is, it will be billed as that. until then, people get their fill of GNR hits mixed in with the newer stuff. which is still good, but people won't give it the chance.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Joesunday on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:52 pm

cotis wrote:
but it's not. when it is, it will be billed as that. until then, people get their fill of GNR hits mixed in with the newer stuff. which is still good, but people won't give it the chance.

There isn't 10 people in any stadium that want to hear a song from Chinese democracy.
Joesunday
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Joesunday wrote:
cotis wrote:

There isn't 10 people in any stadium that want to hear a song from Chinese democracy.

quite a broad statement. how many GNR shows have you been to over the past 10 years?
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Joesunday on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:16 pm

cotis wrote:
Joesunday wrote:
cotis wrote:

quite a broad statement. how many GNR shows have you been to over the past 10 years?

One.
Joesunday
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:25 pm

with most of the shows in people's recent memory (dating all the way back to after 1993, mind you) containing 5/6/7 CD songs or even more.... they will continue. they won't stop. it's what Axl worked on until it's release a few years ago. get used to it.

there were people petitioning and trying to remove KOHD, LALD, SCOM, etc. from the setlists during recent tours because people wanted new music. they were tired of the same old crap.

promotion bit CD in the ass and it was never promoted as it should have been.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Joesunday on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 pm

cotis wrote:with most of the shows in people's recent memory (dating all the way back to after 1993, mind you) containing 5/6/7 CD songs or even more.... they will continue. they won't stop. it's what Axl worked on until it's release a few years ago. get used to it.

there were people petitioning and trying to remove KOHD, LALD, SCOM, etc. from the setlists during recent tours because people wanted new music. they were tired of the same old crap.

promotion bit CD in the ass and it was never promoted as it should have been.

I admire your dedication to Axl, it's just not a good album and no amount of promotion would have helped. The Not in your lifetime tour has been a big success, and the people attending are wanting to hear the original Guns material, that's the reason they are doing well in stadiums.
Joesunday
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Music