Guns N' Roses

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby stuckeyc on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:29 am

So philly was totally worth the trip. I would definitely go again. I saw a couple ppl walking around with posters but didn't see what they looked like. I had 4 field tix to give away and was surprisingly difficult. People looked at me like I was a crazy person (not entirely wrong in their assesment, but still)
stuckeyc
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4352
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am
Image

Postby carljwiii on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:16 am

stuckeyc wrote:So philly was totally worth the trip. I would definitely go again. I saw a couple ppl walking around with posters but didn't see what they looked like. I had 4 field tix to give away and was surprisingly difficult. People looked at me like I was a crazy person (not entirely wrong in their assesment, but still)


We were in the low 100's -
Perfect view. Had an absolutely amazing time. Posters were pretty cool but I opted for philly specific
Shirt instead.
User avatar
carljwiii
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:00 am
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick

Postby DickButt on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:16 pm

carljwiii wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:So philly was totally worth the trip. I would definitely go again. I saw a couple ppl walking around with posters but didn't see what they looked like. I had 4 field tix to give away and was surprisingly difficult. People looked at me like I was a crazy person (not entirely wrong in their assesment, but still)


We were in the low 100's -
Perfect view. Had an absolutely amazing time. Posters were pretty cool but I opted for philly specific
Shirt instead.


How much are the show specific shirts?
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Postby carljwiii on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:54 pm

DickButt wrote:
carljwiii wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:So philly was totally worth the trip. I would definitely go again. I saw a couple ppl walking around with posters but didn't see what they looked like. I had 4 field tix to give away and was surprisingly difficult. People looked at me like I was a crazy person (not entirely wrong in their assesment, but still)


We were in the low 100's -
Perfect view. Had an absolutely amazing time. Posters were pretty cool but I opted for philly specific
Shirt instead.


How much are the show specific shirts?


$40 - not cheap
User avatar
carljwiii
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:00 am
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick

Postby DickButt on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:22 am

I see the signs at the merch table photos and eBay listings say the posters are lithos?
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Postby Joesunday on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:20 am

DickButt wrote:I see the signs at the merch table photos and eBay listings say the posters are lithos?

They are, Arian Buhler has designed quite a few of them.

https://www.instagram.com/arianbuhler/
Joesunday
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 am
Location: Illinois

Postby DickButt on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:34 am

Joesunday wrote:
DickButt wrote:I see the signs at the merch table photos and eBay listings say the posters are lithos?

They are, Arian Buhler has designed quite a few of them.

https://www.instagram.com/arianbuhler/


Thanks. I like a lot of the designs, the posters have been pretty strong for the tour. I do wish they were screen printed though.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Postby cotis on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:58 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:
cotis wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:South American tour announced for Oct/ Nov.

Bring on Europe :notworthy:



told ya!


Europe hasn't been announced yet but I do hope you are right.
One other request is they make it to Ireland and not all festival dates.


next spring/summer.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby cotis on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:17 pm

anyone going this weekend to MetLife... enjoy the shows.

if I knew more of you I'd say hello!
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby DickButt on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:33 pm

cotis wrote:anyone going this weekend to MetLife... enjoy the shows.

if I knew more of you I'd say hello!


Going tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it. I was gonna check out the pop up shop but it doesn't look like there's anything worth going for.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Postby cotis on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

DickButt wrote:
cotis wrote:anyone going this weekend to MetLife... enjoy the shows.

if I knew more of you I'd say hello!


Going tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it. I was gonna check out the pop up shop but it doesn't look like there's anything worth going for.


lot of high end designer style shirts. not much for the poors.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby DickButt on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:11 am

Great show last night at MetLife. Axl (and the whole band) sounded incredible. Had a hell of a time finding the poster by the time I got there at 8 but luckily was able to grab it inside.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Postby cotis on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:07 am

show poster last night was solid. gold really pops.

glad you had a good time, seems to be the general consensus.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby DickButt on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:20 am

cotis wrote:show poster last night was solid. gold really pops.

glad you had a good time, seems to be the general consensus.

:clap: :clap: :clap:


Love the gold and I love the glitter effect they used too. I saw Axl at MSG in 2002 right before the rest of the tour was canceled and thought it was an amazing show. He sounded even better last night. I feel like the set lagged in some parts but overall it was great.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6394
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Postby Joesunday on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:29 am

DickButt wrote: I feel like the set lagged in some parts but overall it was great.

In Chicago, the Chinese democracy songs let the air out of the sails
Joesunday
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 am
Location: Illinois

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron