Postby jc23 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:00 pm

^^Thanks for the info.

New release coming from Waxwork "The Babadook"

https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/stat ... 1573188608
jc23
Art Enthusiast

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory" -Bruce Lee

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:12 pm

for you LP geniuses, how many plays is considered a lot for a record?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby chisoxcollector on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:15 am

Amazon has a really great deal on the Star Wars Ultimate Vinyl Collection. Episodes 1-6 for $86.33. It's out of stock, it you can still place an order.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Ultimate-Vinyl-Collection/dp/B015NOT9AY?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelanonalerts-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B015NOT9AY
chisoxcollector
Art Connoisseur

Postby dryerase on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:28 pm

https://data-discs.com/products/galaxyforce-thunderblade

Snagged the translucent yellow/white splatter variant Saturday morning at 5am when I was woken up by the early access email!
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Postby turnJBup on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Jesus...
Who the drymount is going to listen to 6 episodes of Star Wars on vinyl?
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby veltri on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:for you LP geniuses, how many plays is considered a lot for a record?

Not a genius, but assuming you're asking about sound degradation, if you have a properly set up turntable, replace your cartridge/stylus when worn, and take care of your records, the sound quality shouldn't noticeably diminish for well over 100 plays, probably hundreds. But if some of these things are not done properly, like setting with the wrong tracking force or using a worn stylus, you can damage the records quickly within less than a dozen plays and likely much sooner.
veltri
Art Expert

strongstuff wrote:i want to watch those fools squirm.

Image Image Image Image Image

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 pm

veltri wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:for you LP geniuses, how many plays is considered a lot for a record?

Not a genius, but assuming you're asking about sound degradation, if you have a properly set up turntable, replace your cartridge/stylus when worn, and take care of your records, the sound quality shouldn't noticeably diminish for well over 100 plays, probably hundreds. But if some of these things are not done properly, like setting with the wrong tracking force or using a worn stylus, you can damage the records quickly within less than a dozen plays and likely much sooner.

Thank you.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm

veltri wrote:

I always clean my records before I spin them.... get dat dust off!
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby ciphe on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:59 pm

I keep all my records in resealable poly bags, it definitely helps keeping the jacket in good condition and avoiding dust.

ciphe
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
veltri wrote:

What do you clean with?
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby DuoSonic on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:24 pm

I'[m pretty sure I read whenever the Library of Congress adds music to the National Recording Registry, they use vinyl. Because the shelf life is so much longer than CDs or the life of a hard drive. Treat your records right and your grandkids can enjoy them.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Postby tourist504 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Just got shipping notification that signed copy of new Grandaddy album is on its way w/ limited ed. 7". Psyched.
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:51 pm

mfaith wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
veltri wrote:

What do you clean with?

I know you weren't asking me, but personally I just use a standard cleaning brush with no fluid, while the record's spinning I start lightly at the middle and slowly move out. I do that before every play and it keeps em clean enough, esp if you don't need to clean a super dirty old record.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby edgar on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:26 pm

turnJBup wrote:Jesus...
Who the drymount is going to listen to 6 episodes of Star Wars on vinyl?

Not even Jesus^
edgar
Art Expert

Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!

Postby mfaith on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Music