Umphrey's McGee

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby poopsicle on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Don't know if this thread will go anywhere, but are there any other Umphreaks out here in EB world?

Hello, my name is Poopsicle and I'm addicted to Umphrey's McGee

\mm/
poopsicle
Art Expert

You can't spread peanut butter on a porpoise.

Postby davidmerrick on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:40 am

+1

you are lucky you get lots of shows around your area ie aspen, redrocks bolder.
davidmerrick
Art Connoisseur

Postby sidewaysscott on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:50 am

Big fan. Best friend works for them. Great band.
sidewaysscott
Art God

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby Rick_a_c on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Seen them many times. Always a treat and always at least a bit different from last time. Loved their 4 night residency at the Tabernacle last NY.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby poopsicle on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:03 pm

davidmerrick wrote:+1

you are lucky you get lots of shows around your area ie aspen, redrocks bolder.

This year has been wild. I went crazy for the NYE run announcement, still kicking myself for missing the Tabernacle last year. The Fillmore is literally 8 blocks from my apartment...
The run will be my 9th, 10th, and 11th show of 2013, so yea Colorado has had it good haha.
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby jachapma on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Been on board for almost 10 years now (yikes, I'm getting old). Living in Mississippi for most of my life has made it difficult to hit all the shows I want to, but I have made friends all over the country because of that.

I really miss the extended improv years, but their concise yamming as of late has gotten me excited about the band again. Shows on the horizon for me are Nashville > Alpharetta STUM tour (yuck) and 2x Charleston with Panic. More excited for the Omega Moos after parties really, though.

Southeast will be getting a good showing this fall/winter, so I'm probably going to save money and skip Denver NYE. I've done UM NYE for 7 of the last 8 years so it will be difficult missing that.
jachapma
Art Expert

ImageImageImage I don't care for Gob.

Postby mattlew69 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:47 pm

I have seen them 20+ times. :rock:

Many of my friends are big UM fans, so the shows tend to be more of friendly get togethers (with great background music), than actually going to a show.
mattlew69
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby poopsicle on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Hey jachapma, heard that Lettuce is playing late night after Alpharetta which should be awesome.

Still curious what they have up their sleeves for the 30th. Joel keeps hinting to "save money", but I can't help spending it until they announce something sweet.

He also just announced that they've recently finished writing a song that is "the most musically-complex song they've written since 'Mantis'". Can't drymounting wait :drool:
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby shoeless on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Umphan for many years.

Love this band.
shoeless
Art Expert

fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.

Postby sidewaysscott on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:31 pm

mattlew69 wrote:I have seen them 20+ times. :rock:

I can easily say i've seen them that many times or more. Can't say I've ever been disappointed.

Anyone coming out to Denver for NYE?
sidewaysscott
Art God

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby poopsicle on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:03 pm

I'll be there, and have a bunch of friends from the east coast coming as well. A 10 minute walk to/from the venue is pretty enticing :D
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby jachapma on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:12 pm

poopsicle wrote:Hey jachapma, heard that Lettuce is playing late night after Alpharetta which should be awesome.

Still curious what they have up their sleeves for the 30th. Joel keeps hinting to "save money", but I can't help spending it until they announce something sweet.

He also just announced that they've recently finished writing a song that is "the most musically-complex song they've written since 'Mantis'". Can't drymounting wait :drool:

Yea, Lettuce will rage (pun intended), and if all goes according to plan, Alpharetta will be my 90th. I'll be the drunk gentleman. :pint:

30th will be a small venue (probably acoustic) show. It's not going to be like the Bill Graham shows where you have to know someone, though (at least, not to my knowledge). Probably going to partner with a charity, so I'd expect $100+ tickets.
jachapma
Art Expert

ImageImageImage I don't care for Gob.

Postby poopsicle on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 pm

jachapma wrote:Yea, Lettuce will rage (pun intended), and if all goes according to plan, Alpharetta will be my 90th. I'll be the drunk gentleman. :pint:

Holy crap, 90th?! I'm at about a third of that (low 30s I think). Impressive! Congrats on the landmark.

For what it's worth if you're dreading STS9, the last 2 shows I saw of them they had a full horn section. It was pretty funky, less electro than you'd think.
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby mattlew69 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 pm

I cant wait for the UMPH/STS9 shows coming up! I am a bigger fan of STS9, so to me, this an epic combo.

Does anyone know who is the headliner? Or will they be switching each night?

What is everyone's favorite Umph side project???? I would have to say mine is Conspirator, but I am a fan of the electronic beats. :D
mattlew69
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby biscocrack420 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Conspirator has 0 Umph members in the band. It is a side project of Marc Brownstein and Aron Magner of Disco Biscuits
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Next

Return to Music