any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby canuck on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 pm

That about sums up my current game.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby Vytis33 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Was out at Pinehurst today and...wow. Greens are scary. Should be one hell of a test this week.
Vytis33
Art Expert

Postby FroDawg on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Vytis33 wrote:Was out at Pinehurst today and...wow. Greens are scary. Should be one hell of a test this week.

Were you playing, caddying or observing? :lol:

I haven't seen anything but the scores but looks like par will be a great score at the end of 72 holes…assuming there is no rain to slow the greens down.
FroDawg
Art Expert

"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby jjbehren on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:26 am

Teeing it up this afternoon. I used to play at least twice a week. Now I'm lucky if I get out every 10 days or so. Kids. They're worth it, but not without compromise.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:39 am

Vytis33 wrote:Was out at Pinehurst today and...wow. Greens are scary. Should be one hell of a test this week.

I went down a few years ago and man, that area is awesome. Even the surrounding courses were dirt cheap and awesome.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby Vytis33 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Played here today. Definitely wasn't the worst course I've ever teed it up on.

Vytis33
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 am

Played it from the tips a few years back. Stupid long. Stupid hard. So much drymounting fun :lol:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:13 am

Played down in South Jersey this weekend. Got crushed in the tourney but definitely knocked down the most beers. So eff those guys.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby ThePhish1 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:29 am

really striking the ball well this summer. best i've played since i was near scratch my senior year. switched from ProV's to Callaway's & it's definitely helped. finally started to drop a few putts - all of the sudden the scores are back !

still trying to figure out of i can swing Valhalla this yr. good friends of mine have extra Sat/Sun tickets. may have to oblige. especially if Red Shirt finds his swing in between now & then.
ThePhish1
Art Connoisseur

Postby Vytis33 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:55 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Played it from the tips a few years back. Stupid long. Stupid hard. So much drymounting fun :lol:

Glutton for punishment, huh?
Vytis33
Art Expert

Postby FroDawg on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Vytis33 wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Played it from the tips a few years back. Stupid long. Stupid hard. So much drymounting fun :lol:

Tough enough from the "back" tees in front of the pro tees.

Didja break par? 75? 80? 90? Century mark?

First time I played Pebble in 1980 I threw down a smooth 110 in the wind. But my net score was only 103 so I had that going for me! :P

Oh, and I started par, birdie... :oops:
FroDawg
Art Expert

"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby canuck on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:15 am

Minus my chips...and my putts.....and sometimes my drive, I have to say my game is doing swell for 2014...

FORE.

:ziggi:
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby comountaingolf on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 am

Vytis33 wrote:

I was playing to about a 3-4 handicap a few years back, so it was around an 82. But, you factor in the rating of 77 and I shot a little under my handicap :lol: The reason we tipped it out was Golf Digest 5-6 years back ranked Kiawah the highest USGA rating/slope in the US i.e. most difficult. Renegade at Desert Mountain (Gold tees to Gold flags) in Scottsdale where I was the Tournament Director for 4 years was ranked #2 and I've shot in the 70's Gold to Gold more than a few times, so we wanted to see what Kiawah was all about. It's a test... and god bless those sassy, sultry S. Carolina lowland women... :twisted:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby comountaingolf on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:26 am

FroDawg wrote:
Vytis33 wrote:

Tough enough from the "back" tees in front of the pro tees.

Didja break par? 75? 80? 90? Century mark?

First time I played Pebble in 1980 I threw down a smooth 110 in the wind. But my net score was only 103 so I had that going for me! :P

Oh, and I started par, birdie... :oops:

I've played Pebble more than a few times and completely understand the hum-drum opening with some pars and birdies. THEN, you turn the corner, run into the Pacific and your slack jaw gets in the way for the next 16 holes from what I remember :lol: Sooooo beautiful!
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Image THC X 8

Postby jjbehren on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 am

My game has gone to fudge since a back injury about four years ago. I never was a single-digit handicap, but was a 10.3 for quite a while. I'm now a 14.5. It probably should be higher, but isn't solely because I can still chip and putt alright. My tee and iron game are fudge since my injury, which has never fully healed. I just tweaked my back today moving suitcases into the cabin from my car. Which sucks, because I'm supposed to play The Classic here in the Brainerd, MN area tomorrow or Thursday. MN golfers will know the course I speak of. Top-5, for sure.

Just a bit bitter since I put up a 92 yesterday and had to vent. Getting old sucks.
jjbehren
Flipper

PreviousNext

Return to Sports