any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mattkardish on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 am

lotta talk about Jon Rahm. dude's been playing quite well as of late. hard to count out DJ, but i wouldn't mind seeing Justin Rose, Hank, J Day...Hideki if he can putt. i'll go with a sleeper of Louis O.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm

The thing with DJ is he hits a left-to-right fade for the most part and that doesn't work @ Augusta. BUT, if anyone's going to do it, it's DJ. What's fun about this year is a lot of great players are playing great golf. Coupled with the weather forecast for Thur. & Fri. it's going to be a F U N Masters!!!

:pint:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby FroDawg on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm

comountaingolf wrote:The thing with DJ is he hits a left-to-right fade for the most part and that doesn't work @ Augusta. BUT, if anyone's going to do it, it's DJ. What's fun about this year is a lot of great players are playing great golf. Coupled with the weather forecast for Thur. & Fri. it's going to be a F U N Masters!!!

:pint:

FWIW, a guy named Jack won 6x at ANGC with a fade and told Trevino he was crazy as hell to reject his invitations to The Masters.

I love this week...in the pool I'm in they make it tough by creating groups of 6, from which we choose 2. So HELP on Fro with group 1, which includes DJ, Jordan, Day, Phil, Rory and Matsuyama. Which 2 should I pick? Yikes!

My father (RIP) used to say that The Masters is the line of demarcation between dark liquor ("licka") and light liquor. He drank vodka or gin from The Masters through Halloween; then back to Scotch till the next Masters Tournament. Fond memories...
FroDawg
Art Expert

"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby comountaingolf on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Good point about Jack... but I've played up close & personal with Jack and that guy can hit any drymounting shot in the books. And that was back in '03 in AZ at Desert Mountain. Absolute genius with the clubs.

Help with the picks? Day was killing it today on the range, but the dude was grinding on the range for 6+ hours with a shitty back and shitty weather for Thur. & Fri. DJ has 3 wins in a row. Pretty tough to win 4 in a row. Rory is playing under the radar with new equipment and close to 100 practice holes @ Augusta over the past couple weeks. Phil knows the course inside and out, finally recovering from off-season surgery and with the fudge weather on Thur. & Fri. course knowledge and short game is going to be huge. Jordan seems be hitting a good stride and loves The Masters. Plus, he got in a practice round with his pops that may have turned the worm. Matsuyama is good. Really good. But, his entire game is so scripted and he doesn't have the putting game to win at Augusta. Or does he?

LOVE working from home this week! :cheers:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby canuck on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Let's all have a nice flashback moment for Speith a year ago.....Up 5 strokes and stepping onto the back 9 on the final round. Bogey....bogey...then comes the fun 12th par 3. Let's just shoot two shots in the water and mark us down for the worst meltdown in Masters history!(??)

Ouch that has to sting a bit. Yeah, he has been slaying it but damn to come so close then just let it slip away just hurts that much worse. Then he has to sit around and hand over the jacket?? Bummer.

Speaking of depressing things....no Tiger this year?!! drymount it, I aint even watching now. :wink:
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby wottagunn on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:01 pm

ill think he'll be hitting an extra club on that hole this year!
wottagunn
Art Expert

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby FroDawg on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:11 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Good point about Jack... but I've played up close & personal with Jack and that guy can hit any drymounting shot in the books. And that was back in '03 in AZ at Desert Mountain. Absolute genius with the clubs.

Help with the picks? Day was killing it today on the range, but the dude was grinding on the range for 6+ hours with a shitty back and shitty weather for Thur. & Fri. DJ has 3 wins in a row. Pretty tough to win 4 in a row. Rory is playing under the radar with new equipment and close to 100 practice holes @ Augusta over the past couple weeks. Phil knows the course inside and out, finally recovering from off-season surgery and with the fudge weather on Thur. & Fri. course knowledge and short game is going to be huge. Jordan seems be hitting a good stride and loves The Masters. Plus, he got in a practice round with his pops that may have turned the worm. Matsuyama is good. Really good. But, his entire game is so scripted and he doesn't have the putting game to win at Augusta. Or does he?

LOVE working from home this week! :cheers:

Cheers brother. :pint:
FroDawg
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Fro, it's a tough pick this year. Lots of great players playing great golf, course looks incredible as always and there's gonna be some crazy weather & winds that are going to wreak some havoc. Time to bust out the white shorts along with the Gin & Tonics.

:cheers:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Image THC X 8

Postby FroDawg on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:51 pm

FroDawg
Art Expert

Postby squalie on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm

squalie
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Guess they should only rent one story homes...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby jjbehren on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:57 am

In my mind he was banging another player's wife on the stairs while doing blow off her back when the accident occurred.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:20 pm

jjbehren wrote:In my mind he was banging another player's wife on the stairs while doing blow off her back when the accident occurred.

Replace another wife with Paulina and I think one of the two is about a 98% likelihood.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby canuck on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:23 pm

For sure partying too hard. Who the drymount falls down the stairs sober?
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby mattkardish on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:16 pm

DJ out...sucks.
mattkardish
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports