any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby canuck on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:57 am

Was raining all weekend in Vegas. WTF.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby wottagunn on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:50 am

A tragedy here today. A light plane carrying 5 golfers on a golfing trip of a lifetime crashed shortly after departing. All on board didn't survive. Just horrible

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/4481573/update-minister-to-visit-king-island-after-essendon-plane-crash/
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby mattkardish on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:46 am

i heard about that. that's terrible.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby applehead on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:35 pm

I haven't gone out and shot 9 or 18 in a while but I've been hitting the driving range up, and have been having fun at Top Golf which is I recommend checking out, all ages and genders and skill levels.
applehead
Art Expert

Postby mattkardish on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

applehead wrote:I haven't gone out and shot 9 or 18 in a while but I've been hitting the driving range up, and have been having fun at Top Golf which is I recommend checking out, all ages and genders and skill levels.

Top Golf is the fudge. they just need to continue to expand North...but then you miss out on revenue a few months of the year and the operating expenses can't be very kind...here's hoping.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:13 pm

The one we went to in college in Alexandria, VA printed money. I've been saying for years now we need them up here. It's such a great time.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby wottagunn on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:37 pm

63schoeffling wrote:The one we went to in college in Alexandria, VA printed money. I've been saying for years now we need them up here. It's such a great time.

ive been saying they need to open one in australia. One in melbourne would absolutely kill it
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby FroDawg on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:35 am

mattkardish wrote:
applehead wrote:I haven't gone out and shot 9 or 18 in a while but I've been hitting the driving range up, and have been having fun at Top Golf which is I recommend checking out, all ages and genders and skill levels.

Top Golf is the fudge. they just need to continue to expand North...but then you miss out on revenue a few months of the year and the operating expenses can't be very kind...here's hoping.

They need to figure out how to create one of those blow-up domes like they use for tennis in MN. Do they have heaters above the bays?

TG = fun way to practice with non-golfers who love the dart-throwing, bowling, etc. aspect and, of course, the readily available bar.
FroDawg
Art Expert

"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby mattkardish on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 am

FroDawg wrote:
mattkardish wrote:

They need to figure out how to create one of those blow-up domes like they use for tennis in MN. Do they have heaters above the bays?

TG = fun way to practice with non-golfers who love the dart-throwing, bowling, etc. aspect and, of course, the readily available bar.

they do have heaters above the bays. the furniture is pretty nice too, really gives an upscale feel. i've actually been to the one in ATL haha, my only time. visited a buddy who lived in Buckhead about 2 yrs ago.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby mattkardish on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 am

8 days ...

hello friends, I'm Jim Nantz
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:04 pm

mattkardish wrote:8 days ...

hello friends, I'm Jim Nantz

I'm hard as dick!
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby canuck on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Spieth wins it? I think yes!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby squalie on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Sucks what happened to Lexi this weekend. I've always thought its lame that a TV viewer can call in and point out rules infractions. Such bullshit when you know its unintentional. Glad it will be changed in 2019.

Anyway its' Masters week! Let's see your picks!

Who I think will win: Dustin Johnson. Dude is a beast and playing stellar.
Who I'd like to win: Rickie Fowler. I like his style and would be great to see him win a major.
Sleeper pick: Daniel Berger. Solid player who may be able to grind it out at Augusta.
squalie
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Im going with Spieth. Augusta is all about the putting. He puts in so much time studying the greens.
He would’ve won last year if it weren’t for the 15th (was it?) on the last day.

Excited to watch it regardless of who wins.
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby comountaingolf on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:29 pm

I agree that what happened yesterday to Lexi was BS. I understand 'protecting the field' but once a day is done, the day is done. REALLY drymounting tired of the next day geriatrics and their DVR's :lol:

As far as Gin & Tonics, I'm sticking w/ my fellow lefty, Bubba. Mid-sleeper is Justin Thomas. Big sleeper is Jon Rahm. How drymounting cool would it be if Couples made another run? THAT would be pretty damn sweet...

:cheers:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 7

PreviousNext

Return to Sports