any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mattkardish on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:52 am

anyone hit the M1 or Ping G30? looking for a new driver. I'm about a 14-15 handicap. suggestions are also welcome! pinehurst in 2 weeks!
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:46 pm

mattkardish wrote:anyone hit the M1 or Ping G30? looking for a new driver. I'm about a 14-15 handicap. suggestions are also welcome! pinehurst in 2 weeks!

Both the Ping G and the TaylorMade M1 are drymounting incredible. Haven't tried the Ping G30 but the G is pretty amazing... :pint:

Heading up to Steamboat Springs this afternoon for 1 last mountain golf weekend... sweet :lol:

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 7

Postby mattkardish on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 pm

thanks mang! ^^^^^enjoy!!
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby mattkardish on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Two rounds into Pinehurst Acura alumni college championship. Team BC is hanging in the middle. Lots of ex college players from ACC/SEC/Big 10 schools. Shot an 88 at No. 8 yesterday, 92 (crappy) at No. 4 today. Got No. 2 queued up for tomorrow!! Been a blast so far.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:02 pm

That's awesome :clap:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 7

Postby mattkardish on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:03 am

Shot a 90 at no. 2 yesterday. Walked with caddies and it was a memorable experience. Those greens though. I three putted so many times for bogey this weekend. Still fun though. Now I'm headed home and reality is starting to set in...
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby squalie on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:11 am

squalie
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:08 pm

matt - I use a full Ping G30 set now after hitting the driver. I love the thing. great weight and I love the shape down by the ball. good thing with Ping too is that they release new clubs every 12-24 months, not every second month like Callaway and Taylormade.

Getting a lesson for the first time this coming weekend. Both excited about it and nervous.
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby mattkardish on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:00 pm

less than two months til Augusta...going to be in the high 50's this upcoming sunday (putting my faith in the 10 day forecast), feeling like I'll be breaking my clubs out of my basement.

mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Arggg you may have motivated me to get out sometime this week. In some warm climate right meow. And got my clubs.

It was meant to be.

On a side note...

Wtf Tiger. The dude makes me wanna cry. Love the guy but dammit he needs to figure his fudge out. Was out forever and now out again. He needs to get that body back in shape. It's drymounted I bet. Hope he can get it together. Remember watching that pimp back in the day tearing it up. Him in his prime will never be topped. He needs to get back to them hoes or whatever the drymount had that stud flying high.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby FroDawg on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:26 pm

It was fun seeing Jordan win yesterday. Steady Eddie. And he has same number of Ws as TW did at that age. I saw Nicklaus in his prime and there were never two more mentally tough players than Jack and Tiger. It was fun to watch. I give Jack the nod as BOAT b/c he had 19 second place finishes in majors and, what?, another 5 or so thirds. But it was close. The reason I become such an infrequent golfer after being an addict from age 12-52 is a herniated disc in my neck (which followed back surgery that I could work around). I go to see THE guy the PGA players turn to to get help on their backs (think Couples, Love, Mickelson, etc. etc.). He is in a small town in north GA (was in central GA but a wealthy carpet magnate wanted him to move his practice north and paid him handsomely to do so!) and he called this one 10 years ago. Said Tiger put so much torque on his back and drove so hard against his left leg (post) that his body would not be able to take that over time. He reached out to Team TW a few times to offer assistance but was met with silence. Too bad...all of his other clients are still competitive even though they still contend with back/neck issues from time to time. I hope he comes back, but I like this new crop of players (Danny Willett aside) and will enjoy watching the Augusta National shoot-out in April.
FroDawg
Art Expert

"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby mattkardish on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:26 pm

canuck wrote:Arggg you may have motivated me to get out sometime this week. In some warm climate right meow. And got my clubs.

It was meant to be.

On a side note...

Wtf Tiger. The dude makes me wanna cry. Love the guy but dammit he needs to figure his fudge out. Was out forever and now out again. He needs to get that body back in shape. It's drymounted I bet. Hope he can get it together. Remember watching that pimp back in the day tearing it up. Him in his prime will never be topped. He needs to get back to them hoes or whatever the drymount had that stud flying high.

honestly probably worked out too hard with the Seals. guys suffer injuries from that all the time. also with the way his recovery has gone, i wouldn't be surprised if there were some PED's involved. his body has just broken down and he's always taken great care of his body. gotta wonder if all the torque he puts into his swing has contributed to those back problems as well.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:17 am

Yeah he has a fierce swing. I remember a time hearing commentators ohh 10-15 years ago or so say how it would most likely start to wear on that body. And it's true. He needs to adjust things up. Beyond the body and everything his total mental game went to complete fudge since you know what. You got no mental game you're never going to win. Name of the game.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby mattkardish on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Played 9 yesterday and 18 today. Felt so good to be out
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:25 am

The weather here in Denver has been crazy warm so we've getting out. Had a FUN round yesterday with some good friends... birdies on 17 & 18 to get back to even par for the round. 3 over today with a sweet bogie on 18 but fudge, it's February in the Rockies and we're wearing shorts :lol:

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Image THC X 7

PreviousNext

Return to Sports