any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby guru59 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:36 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Ha, that's awesome!

Finally pulled the trigger on joining a club. Now just waiting for those monthly invoices :cry:

So you're saying I need to bring my clubs when I visit Philly?
guru59
Art Connoisseur

"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."

Postby canuck on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Been on that frolfing scene lately this year. Much cheaper than golfing that's for damn sure. Pretty fun as well. I suck at it though. Only got 2 discs and kinda feel like a noob when I see someone carting around like 20 discs haha. Oh well.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:46 pm

guru59 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Ha, that's awesome!

Finally pulled the trigger on joining a club. Now just waiting for those monthly invoices :cry:

So you're saying I need to bring my clubs when I visit Philly?

Ha, as long as you come locked and loaded with some of those good craft brews down there :pint:

I've already noticed a few strokes dropping since I am able to just roll over and at least hit balls at the range or get 9 in after work a few times a week. Me likey.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby squalie on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 pm

No US Open chatter eh? That Koepka dude is one talented guy imo. Love to see the new blood taking charge and finishing strong. J Thomas round yesterday was straight nuts.

Played only my second 18-hole round this year today with the old man at the Air Force Academy, Silver Course. Had only played the Blue Course as its the higher rated of the two. Silver wasn't too bad, kinda short at this elevation with the back tees at 6500 yds. Lots of short irons but also lots of dog legs and uneven lies. I'd definitely recommend the Blue over this one but both make you feel like your deep in the woods. This pic is one the few views of any actual structure other than the clubhouse. It's the Cadet dorms and you can just make out the top of the chapel spires.

Playing a scramble tourney tomorrow at Perry Park. Would rather play stroke but I really can't complain.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads. :pint:
squalie
Art Expert

Postby guru59 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Was in Chicago for the end of Dead & Co tour last weekend and played an unbelievable course about 45 min. north of the city. Shoreacres Golf Club, Seth Raynor design from 1918 with 120 active members. It was incredible. I'll try to include some pictures, there were no cell phones allowed but I just couldn't resist. Once I post the pics notice how the fairways and greens roll right off into the bunkers, water, or rough. You either hit a good shot or you pay for it, similar to Pete Dye but not quite that treacherous.

And Eric, you got it man. SC just got Wicked Weed thank the good heavens, that is yummy juice.
guru59
Art Connoisseur

"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 am

guru59 wrote:Was in Chicago for the end of Dead & Co tour last weekend and played an unbelievable course about 45 min. north of the city. Shoreacres Golf Club, Seth Raynor design from 1918 with 120 active members. It was incredible. I'll try to include some pictures, there were no cell phones allowed but I just couldn't resist. Once I post the pics notice how the fairways and greens roll right off into the bunkers, water, or rough. You either hit a good shot or you pay for it, similar to Pete Dye but not quite that treacherous.

And Eric, you got it man. SC just got Wicked Weed thank the good heavens, that is yummy juice.

Love me some WW. It started coming around Philly about a year or so ago and has been popping up more and more since they sold. I've been playing more golf than ever before over the last month or so... not that I'm all of the sudden breaking 80 here, but consistently in the 90's as opposed to 50/50 is a nice step that I will be happy with for now.

Coming back for OBH4?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby wottagunn on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Keen to see some photos of that course.

Winter here so no golf basically. Haven’t played in about 2 months, maybe more. Really want to get back out there.
Loving the look of the new Ping series, the G400!
wottagunn
Art Expert

ImageImageImage

Postby shagdonk on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Has anyone tried Vice balls? I made the switch from ProV to Vice Pro Soft a few months ago and love the matte finish, feel and durability. And they're only $25/dozen if you order 5 at a time.

Use promo code FREEBALLIN to get a free sleeve of balls when you place an order!

http://www.vicegolf.com/au/all-balls

shagdonk
Art Expert

Postby jjbehren on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 pm

I bought 3 to get the price to $30 a dozen. Haven't played them yet, though. I got white. The matte neons are too bright for my delicate eyes.

Also, I got the straight "pro," not the "pro soft." I probably should have gone with the soft since my club speed isn't what it used to be.

I did just get a new Taylormade M2 that I'm in love with. I went with the Project X HZRDUS 5.5 shaft. That shaft made a world of difference. If you're going to spend $400 on a driver, go get fit. I went to a PGA Tour Superstore. Their equipment is almost as fun as actually playing. I've played 1 round with this driver and only missed one fairway, and that's because I put a terrible swing on the ball. It's so good.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby guru59 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:52 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
guru59 wrote:Was in Chicago for the end of Dead & Co tour last weekend and played an unbelievable course about 45 min. north of the city. Shoreacres Golf Club, Seth Raynor design from 1918 with 120 active members. It was incredible. I'll try to include some pictures, there were no cell phones allowed but I just couldn't resist. Once I post the pics notice how the fairways and greens roll right off into the bunkers, water, or rough. You either hit a good shot or you pay for it, similar to Pete Dye but not quite that treacherous.

Love me some WW. It started coming around Philly about a year or so ago and has been popping up more and more since they sold. I've been playing more golf than ever before over the last month or so... not that I'm all of the sudden breaking 80 here, but consistently in the 90's as opposed to 50/50 is a nice step that I will be happy with for now.

Coming back for OBH4?

Unfortunately I'm not headed to OBH4, at least not at this point. I'm actually relocating to The Netherlands for about a year for a work project so not sure what my status will be come March. And there's a 100% chance my money will be spent across all of Europe on weekends so not sure the Dominican will make the list. I'm always 50/50 on those ventures...love the music, love the people, not so much in love with the resorts, not so much in love with my head and decision making at an all-inclusive, so it becomes a brain game as to whether I go back. Did have a blast this past year though. So who f*in knows what I'll do.
guru59
Art Connoisseur

Postby squalie on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:40 pm

shagdonk wrote:Has anyone tried Vice balls? I made the switch from ProV to Vice Pro Soft a few months ago and love the matte finish, feel and durability. And they're only $25/dozen if you order 5 at a time.

Use promo code FREEBALLIN to get a free sleeve of balls when you place an order!

http://www.vicegolf.com/au/all-balls

[imghttp://i64.tinypic.com/fmt3ep.png[/img]

Damn, did the price go up? I'm seeing $40/dozen if you buy 5.
squalie
Art Expert

Postby jjbehren on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 am

jjbehren wrote:I bought 3 to get the price to $30 a dozen. Haven't played them yet, though. I got white. The matte neons are too bright for my delicate eyes.

Update: I played them quite a bit this weekend. I really liked them overall, but unfortunately the covers are not very durable. I cut two of them with my 54* (older groves, so not even very sharp), and they were pitches, not full swings. I'm going to contact Vice and see what they can do for me.
jjbehren
Flipper

Previous

Return to Sports