Fantasy Football - The A League ... the original EB league

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jjbehren on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 pm

jimmy4wmu wrote:
jjbehren wrote:In this league I left Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Helu on the bench. My bench scored over 98 points this week.

thumbs up!!

I'm still going to beat your ass after Vick tonight.

I just hope he doesn't throw to anyone but Jackson. I'm playing Celek (you), Maclin and McCoy tonight in my other two leagues respectively.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby jimmy4wmu on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:47 pm

jjbehren wrote:
jimmy4wmu wrote:
jjbehren wrote:In this league I left Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Helu on the bench. My bench scored over 98 points this week.

thumbs up!!

I'm still going to beat your ass after Vick tonight.

I just hope he doesn't throw to anyone but Jackson. I'm playing Celek (you), Maclin and McCoy tonight in my other two leagues respectively.

I feel Celek might be the equalizer I need to escape with a W tonight... I'm hoping!!
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

fluffhead13 wrote:after an A in multidimensional calculus and an A in matrices and differential equations, how dare u questions my math skills.

http://www.distractyourface.com

Postby jjbehren on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Well, clearly you're going to win this one. Celek is the only receiver doing much, and since this is PPR I can't catch up.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby mistersmith on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:52 am

I had a few points cushion and Forte, he had McCoy. I lost by 1. Awesome. Thanks for the two fumbles, Forte.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

Postby Gabriel on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:20 am

jimmy4wmu wrote:
jjbehren wrote:I'll play again too, although, I would suggest ESPN again. Although I have no idea how to commish, so whatever someone who steps up to the plate wants to use is fine with me.

my vote is for yahoo, scoring in free this year

yah ..yahoo..
Gabriel
Art Enthusiast

Postby mistersmith on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:45 am

Gabriel wrote:
jimmy4wmu wrote:
jjbehren wrote:I'll play again too, although, I would suggest ESPN again. Although I have no idea how to commish, so whatever someone who steps up to the plate wants to use is fine with me.

yah ..yahoo..

Yahoo's fantasy football sucks -- and their mobile app is a piece of shit. This is my first year using Yahoo, forced into it, and it's a pain in the ass. The best site I've ever used is FleaFlicker, I've had a league setup there for 9 straight years. It's not super graphically impressive, but it's 100% free, no ads, live scoring every week, lots of research and info, fully customizable, etc. All killer no filler.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Postby jjbehren on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:52 am

If FleaFlicker supports double-headers (where each team plays two teams each week) next year there's no doubt I'm using them.

Do they have a iOS/Android app? If so, how is it?

And if you think Yahoo is the worst, you've clearly never used CBS. And to make matters worse, you have to pay for the terrible CBS experience.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby sir_smokealot on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 pm

mistersmith wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
jimmy4wmu wrote:

yah ..yahoo..

Yahoo's fantasy football sucks -- and their mobile app is a piece of shit. This is my first year using Yahoo, forced into it, and it's a pain in the ass. The best site I've ever used is FleaFlicker, I've had a league setup there for 9 straight years. It's not super graphically impressive, but it's 100% free, no ads, live scoring every week, lots of research and info, fully customizable, etc. All killer no filler.

It has advertisements and it has an iOS app.
sir_smokealot
EB Team

Go tell the women that we're leaving.

Postby jimmy4wmu on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:21 pm

jjbehren wrote:Well, clearly you're going to win this one. Celek is the only receiver doing much, and since this is PPR I can't catch up.

you would of needed Vick to score some TD's as well... On a side note, a feel bad for smellmysocks, loses by a few points each week to be 0-9 :cry:
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

fluffhead13 wrote:after an A in multidimensional calculus and an A in matrices and differential equations, how dare u questions my math skills.

http://www.distractyourface.com

Postby jjbehren on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:33 pm

jimmy4wmu wrote: On a side note, a feel bad for smellmysocks, loses by a few points each week to be 0-9 :cry:

To be fair, he does have the second lowest point total. He shouldn't be winning. Although the lowest point total (Nimsu) is 4-5.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby mistersmith on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:37 pm

jjbehren wrote:If FleaFlicker supports double-headers (where each team plays two teams each week) next year there's no doubt I'm using them.

No idea. I've never even heard of that. I would assume: probably. Go make a fake league and play around?

jjbehren wrote:Do they have a iOS/Android app? If so, how is it?

It works well, the iPhone app I've used, except it doesn't like to keep you logged in. It always remembers your info though, so you just have to go to the login screen and push Done and you're there. No big deal, at least by comparison, as I can't get the Y! app to work 99% of the time.

jjbehren wrote:And if you think Yahoo is the worst, you've clearly never used CBS. And to make matters worse, you have to pay for the terrible CBS experience.

Here's hoping I never have to.

sir_smokealot wrote:It has advertisements and it has an iOS app.

Do you mean FleaFlicker? I've been on there forever and have never seen an ad. Of course, I just remembered I use AdBlock on my browser, so maybe they've added ads and I just don't see them. That's probably likely.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Postby jjbehren on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the info. Here's hoping FleaFlicker gets an android app between now and next year. And double-headers.

The league I commish insists on double-headers every week. It softens the blow when the second-highest scoring team gets beat by the highest scoring team in a given week. The truly best teams rise to the top, there's a bunch of .500 teams and total points ends up being the tiebreaker for getting into the playoffs. I think it's more fair because points, not record, determines which teams are the best.
jjbehren
Flipper

Postby AttorneyGreg on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:18 am

Can people please stop picking players up who play in the thursday night game after the game but before sundays games??? :hanging: I mean come on - the league set up should not let this happen but have some decency, you know this is frowned upon.

So pretty please with sugar on top will the guilty party or commish return McNight to the waiver wire effective immediately. Not have another one of these Henderson things where nothing was ever done.
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Postby pewter14 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:42 pm

kini wrote:
pewter14 wrote:Tom Brady, you are one magnificent beast.

In other news, in the tight end matchup bet for a steak dinner (with all the fixins and a good bottle of wine) ... after getting some taunting texts after Gronk scored the early TD ... Hernandez took the lead late ...

pewter / A. Hernandez - 23.30
benny / R. Gonkowski - 20.60

... it's a long season.

Today... Gronk 24.6 - AH 19.2

Overall...

AH 42.5
Gronk 45.2

Safe to say, I'm going to lose this bet. Oh well, I'm a Pats fan and my loss requires me to buy steak ... a good bet to lose.
pewter14
EB Team

Two links every Expressobeans member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

Postby pewter14 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 am

kini and venush get the byes.

This week:
jjbehren vs. Guy816
Jimmy4wmu vs. pewter14

One thing is for sure, there will be a new champion this year.
pewter14
EB Team

Two links every Expressobeans member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

PreviousNext

Return to Sports