MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby iambillyg on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 am

Baker wrote:
iambillyg wrote:I have zero desire to see Khabib vs either of those two. There's also too much risk in accepting it simply to fight. While it's fairly certain Khabib would murder Pettis or Felder, there's a sliver of a chance he could get caught. With that, he loses his unbeaten record, and all credibility to receive a title shot once Ferguson heals up from his tumble.

Antics from yesterday aside, Conor successfully predicted the future again. https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/sta ... 2343914496

Nah, if they dont make a matchup here, they will strip him.

They should, but from what Dana has said, it doesn't seem to be the case. He refused to say "stripped" from the interviews I've read. (This was obviously before yesterday went down.) Though, he did say that, "as soon as punches are thrown" at 223, it will be for the real belt. Even if they set Khabib up with Pettis, and Khabib wins, if he's presented with the belt, people won't associate is as being real.

The belts are so muddled right now. Tony never lost his (in a fight). Conor never lost his (in a fight). If Khabib wins one tomorrow night, it won't really matter.
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:27 am

Goddamn NY commission always screwing things up.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:33 am

Oof.

At this point, 223 is still a stacked card. I'd say scrap Khabib, and bump Joanna vs. Thug Rose to main event.

Felder/Pettis are brawlers, but they would get destroyed by Khabib.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:52 am

dweebofthedead wrote:Oof.

At this point, 223 is still a stacked card. I'd say scrap Khabib, and bump Joanna vs. Thug Rose to main event.

The card is garbage now.... those are the only two fights I would care about if Khabib doesn't fight.

Pettis needs to drop .2 lbs in two hours.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby Baker on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:54 am

Belts muddled for sure. But given that Conor hasnt fought in over 500 days, and doesnt have a fight on the books, he should be stripped anyways. They stripped Jon Jones for less in my opinion (granted I thought he should be too). The only person in there that is confusing for me is Tony in that he was the actual interim champ, and somehow now even without him fighting he is losing his belt and a new champ is getting crowned oddly.

This all assumes Pettis and Khabib agree on fight terms. Pettis has .2 lbs to lose in 2 hours, so looks like he will be ready to go if they sign the fight.
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:57 am

dweebofthedead wrote:Oof.

if Khabib fights Pettis you think it will still be for the belt? Pettis isn't even top 10 anymore.

Agree, regardless of a Khabib fight Rose vs Joanna should be top billing.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 am

So just spitballing.... but I would push Khabib/Max to 224 and then set Khabib up with McGregor. Or..... just man up and make a fight with McGregor and bypass another fight. Idk, it's a mess.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:22 am

63schoeffling wrote:The card is garbage now

Meh, to each their own. There's still good fights on the card. Felder, Magomedsharipov, Kowalkiewicz, etc., but it depends how much you follow UFC.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby Baker on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 am

Karyn Bryant

I'm hearing that @Showtimepettis asked for a bigger payday, #UFC countered with less. Pettis declined, @felderpaul gets the spot. Standing by for more info from my girl @vevyrodrigues in NYC... #UFC223
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 am

dweebofthedead wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:The card is garbage now

Meh, to each their own. There's still good fights on the card. Felder, Magomedsharipov, Kowalkiewicz, etc., but it depends how much you follow UFC.

Yeah I mean the Felder and Rose fights will be great. Although I have heard a lot about that Mago dude but never saw him. It was a pre-card fight that got bumped up, correct?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:49 am

Baker wrote:Karyn Bryant

I'm hearing that @Showtimepettis asked for a bigger payday, #UFC countered with less. Pettis declined, @felderpaul gets the spot. Standing by for more info from my girl @vevyrodrigues in NYC... #UFC223

I don't blame Pettis. He's basically going up against a bear. Plus, Pettis lost his last fight, and didn't look that good.

Felder is a on a three fight win streak, and a brawler, but nonetheless Khabib in on another level.

Realistically, UFC should've hired T-City as a backup to Holloway for this exact scenario.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:54 am

dweebofthedead wrote:
Baker wrote:Karyn Bryant

I don't blame Pettis. He's basically going up against a bear. Plus, Pettis has lost his last fight, and didn't look that good.

Felder is a on a three fight win streak, and a brawler, but nonetheless Khabib in on another level.

Realistically, UFC should've hired T-City as a backup to Holloway for this exact scenario.

UFC needs to start having backup fighters ready. I know they tell people to always be ready. But before big events like this tell a couple key guys, hey be ready in case. We'll kick you 10Gs if you show you could have made weight and if you get called in here's a little bonus. All sports have a bench, the best teams have a solid bench, UFC needs something similar as this is happening a lot, top cards changing.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:02 pm

I know the NY commission is garbage, but HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DENYING FELDER THE FIGHT BECAUSE HE ISN'T ON MADE_UP RANKINGS!!??? He is on a goddamn 3 fight win streak!

If I am the UFC, I scrap this card and never go back to NY for at least a decade. They can go F themselves. Unreal.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby Baker on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Crazy, the commission is saying Felder isnt "ranked high enough" to fight for the belt. They do realize those are UFC created rankings and are largely considered a massive joke of a system.

Pettis wants that money, cant blame him, but the fact that the commission is OK with him, coming off a loss, and not OK with Felder on a 3 fight win streak is nuts.
Baker
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Baker wrote:Pettis wants that money, cant blame him, but the fact that the commission is OK with him, coming off a loss, and not OK with Felder on a 3 fight win streak is nuts.

My exact thought. Pettis is still a kid, and Felder is at least a vet with years of experience.

Commission is whack.

Fudge it, Joanna vs. Thug Rose for the main event. Lets get it back, Joanna :pint:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports