MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby chevyav53 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:55 pm

“That Dagestani was dog fudge the other night, you's are all nuts,” McGregor wrote in response to reactions like this one. “Game full of sloppy bums asking to be slept. Pay me my worth and Kings back. Truly truly truly get on your drymounting knees and beg me. Otherwise I don't give a bollox. My whiskey is out this year and thats Diddy bread.” Conor M.

Already lawsuit for the trademark, but at least he mentions fighting for the right amount, can’t blame him.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby bubbie on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:34 am

The dude drymounting sucks. If he was out for good and everyone would forget about him (which they would in no time), I would be perfectly fine with that. At this point he just appears to be a little bitch who thinks he all that and more, which he ain't. I agree though, who can blame him; the dude's got it made.

bubbie
Art Expert

Postby Baker on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 am

This is one of my favorite quotes Re: Conor from Dana White lately

"Because if you look at how everything played out, Conor has fought everybody. When he won the 155-pound belt, he dropped the 145-pound belt, which we made him do. He tried not to do it, but he contractually had to let go of the 145-pound belt.

"He became the 155-pound champion, and his next fight was against Floyd Mayweather. He has to defend the title now. So, how has he never defended the title?"

The responses from mma journalists was along the lines of "...........cause he has never defended a belt??"
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Postby bubbie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Looks like a UFC#whatever is planned in Moscow in mid-September.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

bubbie wrote:Looks like a UFC#whatever is planned in Moscow in mid-September.

Here's a report for it: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/22063459/ufc-booked-moscow-stadium-report-says

Heard Ferguson would be fighting in March, which I could see The Eagle vs. Ferg, and the winner goes to Russia in September to go against Conor.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:43 pm

I’ve read somewhere a while back that Khabib’s father said that’s the plan. A couple of days ago though, he said it may still be the plan; however, they (UFC) may push Khabib’s fight with Ferguson back to September. The dude is usually in the know. It will suck if the later is actually the case.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:57 pm

McNuggets next fight will be against GSP....my gue$$.
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby chevyav53 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm

misterx wrote:McNuggets next fight will be against GSP....my gue$$.

I like Woodley vs GSP more than McGregor..... rather see that then McGregor vs Khabib. I like Tony and all but Don’t see him getting past those two.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby dweebofthedead on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 am

Conor McGregor 'to be stripped of UFC title next week' with Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov to fight for vacant belt

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/conor-mcgregor-set-stripped-ufc-11863316
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 pm

About time. Though I would definitely rather see him fighting Nurmagomedov.

Also always wonder if the dude will file for bankruptcy at some point; seems like the type.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:37 am

After seeing DC being interviewed earlier today all i can say is he looked bloody terrible.

He even had a guy standing with a board, blocking out the lighting pointing on him during the interview.

Given Towelgate, is he even going to make weight safely?

2 new champions cum saturday night?? Quite possible imo.
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:09 am

misterx wrote:After seeing DC being interviewed earlier today all i can say is he looked bloody terrible.

He even had a guy standing with a board, blocking out the lighting pointing on him during the interview.

I like DC but think it’s time for him to stay in the booth not the cage.

As for the heavyweight fight. Watching Miocic’s last fights makes me think he’s getting knocked out but with a chance to win. He takes shots to get in and though he’s stopped I believe the last 3 or 4 in first round by knock out I wonder about being able to take the power of Ngannou. Going to be exciting.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby iambillyg on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:42 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
misterx wrote:After seeing DC being interviewed earlier today all i can say is he looked bloody terrible.

I like DC but think it’s time for him to stay in the booth not the cage.

As for the heavyweight fight. Watching Miocic’s last fights makes me think he’s getting knocked out but with a chance to win. He takes shots to get in and though he’s stopped I believe the last 3 or 4 in first round by knock out I wonder about being able to take the power of Ngannou. Going to be exciting.

DC has said that he's retiring at 40, which is wise. He has nothing to prove, has a great family and a good commentating gig lined up.

Re: Miocic, I love his personality, but I can't shake him getting dropped by Alistair. If that can happen with him, it can surely happen with Francis, and if it does, he won't be able to recover as quickly and turn it around. Stipe's accuracy is insane, but he leaves himself open too much and it'll be easy for Francis to capitalize on it.
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby chevyav53 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:54 pm

^^Agree..... and excited

chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby mr_rugby on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:26 am

mr_rugby
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports