MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby dweebofthedead on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Besides Cain Velasquez, The Predator is my favorite heavyweight. So stoked for the Stipe fight now.

Anyone remember the Hamilton fight? Dude literally forced a Kimura on the guy to tape out. That dude is scary strong.

[youtube]ouzxFm2jMZs[/youtube]
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5337
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 am

It’s on and soon damn!

Stipe Miocic slated to defend heavyweight title against Francis Ngannou at UFC 220 - Jan 20

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/6/1 ... at-ufc-220
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 am

chevyav53 wrote:It’s on and soon damn!

Stipe Miocic slated to defend heavyweight title against Francis Ngannou at UFC 220 - Jan 20

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/6/1 ... at-ufc-220


PUMPED.

Also, same card as DC vs. OEZDEMIR.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5337
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 am

Yes, DC bumped to co-main now as the heavyweights take top billing. Better for the card as DC does not draw the paper view numbers they’d like. Both fights will be great.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby chevyav53 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 am

[instagram_vid]Bchkop-HWpn[/instagram_vid]
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby bubbie on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:05 am

So is Nurmagomedov going to get his fight or what?
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:08 am

bubbie wrote:So is Nurmagomedov going to get his fight or what?


With Ferg?

I'd love to see Conor and The Eagle in Russia.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5337
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Codeblue on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:20 am

Do they even have enough to pay duke at this point? Thought he's boxing Pacquiao next.

P.S. I'm way behind on UFC PPVs. Not sure how much I even care to catch up at this point.
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49961
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:42 am

Codeblue wrote:Do they even have enough to pay duke at this point? Thought he's boxing Pacquiao next.

P.S. I'm way behind on UFC PPVs. Not sure how much I even care to catch up at this point.


He's under contract to fight with UFC. But I heard rumblings he'd get promotional stake for all UFC fights going forward.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5337
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 am

Side note, how rad is this promo? Narrated by Carl Weathers:

[youtube]I-UwfTGkL-M[/youtube]
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5337
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby chevyav53 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:22 am

Looking forward to 220 as the card yesterday was ehh. That Khabib though, going to be interesting to see if Conor comes back after this guy becomes the champ.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby lazk on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:05 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Looking forward to 220 as the card yesterday was ehh. That Khabib though, going to be interesting to see if Conor comes back after this guy becomes the champ.


Conor will only come back for big money....

Why would he otherwise? He hates fighting. He enjoys $$$$MONEY$$$$
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5326
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN
T.K.C.

Postby bubbie on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:12 am

dweebofthedead wrote:
bubbie wrote:So is Nurmagomedov going to get his fight or what?


With Ferg?

I'd love to see Conor and The Eagle in Russia.

I think that's the only one he will get (again). I think he can beat the Irish and that's why there will be no fight, not for a while anyway, if it makes sense. The guy is a drymounting beast. If the fight does happen, I think there is no way for it go down in Russia. Probably somewhere it would bring the most green, i.e. US.

On a side note, I read that the dude's father cannot get a US visa to come with him for the fights. Why is that?
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby dweebofthedead on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:18 am

Yeah, it's all up in the air right now. Ferg just had elbow surgery and will be out an "indeterminate amount of time."

I thought I read somewhere Conor's next fight won't be till Summer. So, Khabib could just say fudge it, and drop down to FeatherWeight, and go after Holloway, or wait till Ferg is healthy.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5337
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Baker on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Yeah, it's all up in the air right now. Ferg just had elbow surgery and will be out an "indeterminate amount of time."

I thought I read somewhere Conor's next fight won't be till Summer. So, Khabib could just say fudge it, and drop down to FeatherWeight, and go after Holloway, or wait till Ferg is healthy.


They might have said it, but there is no way khabib makes 145.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Image

PreviousNext

Return to Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests