MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mr_rugby on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31 pm

mrkyuss wrote:Ufc cutting guys in the top 10? Only a matter of time till we see a whole group of quality crew jump ship. E.g. the middleweight division. Sad times.

On the plus side, Matt Hughes might be coming back....

4.2 billion is a lot of money to recoup especially when your only draw is interested in competing in sport you have no affiliation with.
I'll be shocked if Rogan re-ups in August and it wouldn't surprise me if Dana walks before the end of his contract
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby mr_rugby on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:57 am

:shock:
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 am

mr_rugby wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:Ufc cutting guys in the top 10? Only a matter of time till we see a whole group of quality crew jump ship. E.g. the middleweight division. Sad times.

On the plus side, Matt Hughes might be coming back....

4.2 billion is a lot of money to recoup especially when your only draw is interested in competing in sport you have no affiliation with.
I'll be shocked if Rogan re-ups in August and it wouldn't surprise me if Dana walks before the end of his contract

Unfortunately I get the feeling Rogan is done after this current contract is up, too. If you listen to his podcast he always says how much fudge he has going on and different stuff he wants to do. It would be a real bummer because goddamn is he good. I guess I'll keep the Fight Companions on during fights, ha.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby canuck on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Watched a video where Mayweather said he would come out of retirement to fight mcgregor. lol the dude is 40.

This fudge better go down.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby jjttdw on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:13 pm

canuck wrote:Watched a video where Mayweather said he would come out of retirement to fight mcgregor. lol the dude is 40.

This fudge better go down.

Mayweather will put win easily. He may be 40 but it is a boxing match and he is about as good as has ever put on gloves.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby mrkyuss on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:08 am

Conor will build the hype to the point where people actually think he is a chance...
mrkyuss
Art God

President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).

Postby jjttdw on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Would Vegas even take bets on it? If it were a back alley fight with no rules then I think Conor would destroy him. It is a boxing match and there is no one better at boxing than Mayweather. The only real question in my mind is what round would the knockout occur. My guess is 3rd round.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby 63schoeffling on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 pm

jjttdw wrote:Would Vegas even take bets on it? If it were a back alley fight with no rules then I think Conor would destroy him. It is a boxing match and there is no one better at boxing than Mayweather. The only real question in my mind is what round would the knockout occur. My guess is 3rd round.

Highly doubt Money knocks him out. I don't think he loses, but he's 40, way smaller and not his style.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby mr_rugby on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:07 am

Arum: UFC wants 50 percent of Conor McGregor’s purse for Floyd Mayweather fight

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/23/15 ... g-mma-news

I'm not sure what think or even believe about this. Arum sounds like he's bitter that he's not involved with possible fight, plus his public disdain of the UFC/MMA and Dana White shines through in this clip. I guess only time will tell
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby mrkyuss on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 am

Rockhold called out Werdum.... they may as well ditch divisions and have royal rumble type events.
mrkyuss
Art God

President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).

Postby bloodthrust on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Bellator thinking they can pull a successful, money making PPV is quite hilarious.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.

mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.

Postby mrsippycups on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 pm

found on reddit, thought it was pretty cool
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.

ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen

Postby Baker on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

For those that didnt watch this past weekend, lots of badass finishes. DJ armbaring Reis is pretty incredible given the credentials behind Reis being a Roberto Godoi black belt.

Thug was a thug on the karate hottie and Whittaker shocking probably most and finishing Souza.

Lots of good fights on the undercard too.
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

ImageImageImageImageImageImage T.H.C

Previous

Return to Sports