MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mr_rugby on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Baker wrote:Khabib has an hour to go. Just heard it was confirmed he was at the hospital early this morning. No one knows where he is now though. That would be a bummer if he didnt make it to weigh ins.

mr_rugby wrote:A lot of fighters hate signing contracts to fight AKA guys because they always get hurt and back out of fights.

"Have fun with that weight cut...your conditioning sucks" -Tony Ferguson
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby Baker on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Fight. Cancelled.

Khabib left the hospital but wasnt medically cleared after weight cutting issues.
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Postby sixstringer on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 pm

sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby toobs on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:04 pm

ufc fallen apart, every PPV has major cards fallen off the day before, its fcukin lame
toobs
Art Expert

RottenAtom wrote:This is the hookup thread, not the beg for sloppy seconds thread.

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:09 pm

toobs wrote:ufc fallen apart, every PPV has major cards fallen off the day before, its fcukin lame

It's really starting to wear on me. You can't keep having this.

I might not buy the fight just because I'm sick of this fudge.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Codeblue on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Those dudes cashed out just in time.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby Baker on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Codeblue wrote:Those dudes cashed out just in time.

Boy, did they ever.
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Postby mrkyuss on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Knew he looked sick. drymount me.
mrkyuss
Art God

President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).

Postby bloodthrust on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Michael Johnson and Eddie Alvarez have both offered to fight. Nothing confirmed yet, and they don't like doing this sort of thing but you gotta think they try to get something done.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.

mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:06 pm

bloodthrust wrote:Michael Johnson and Eddie Alvarez have both offered to fight. Nothing confirmed yet, and they don't like doing this sort of thing but you gotta think they try to get something done.

I need to see this fight happen... not interested in anyone else stepping in as much as I love them.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby AliRock110 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Baker wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Those dudes cashed out just in time.

Boy, did they ever.

4 Billion and they never have to negotiate with another fighter who hates Dana's guts again. Made off like bandits. New owners are heavily leveraged and need to pay the banks. Expect a lot of "Money Fight" cards and pray that Fox brings the money bags for the next TV deal before this gets better. Real sad to see this fight fall apart. Was hoping for a good scrap outta these 2.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Postby mrkyuss on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:23 pm

bloodthrust wrote:Michael Johnson and Eddie Alvarez have both offered to fight. Nothing confirmed yet, and they don't like doing this sort of thing but you gotta think they try to get something done.

Bring in the B team. What's the point.
mrkyuss
Art God

President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).

Postby mr_rugby on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:11 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
toobs wrote:ufc fallen apart, every PPV has major cards fallen off the day before, its fcukin lame

It's really starting to wear on me. You can't keep having this.

I might not buy the fight just because I'm sick of this fudge.

Blaming the "UFC" is far from the logical thing to do. Let's look at the entire picture. Maybe the fact that the new weigh-in procedures/time frame along with USADA and the IV ban are playing a huge part in the recent influx of fighters missing weight. Sure we had fighters missing weight under the old rules and time but never this at this rate.

These are professional athletes who agree on a time, place and a weight to fight at. It's your job to hold up to your end of a contract. That's what being a professional athlete does. This wasn't a last second decision to take this fight. Fighters make weight safely all of the time, it's about being disciplined outside of a fight camp as well. Considering what was at stake and the amount of potential money this should of never had happened. Also trying to cut 20-25lbs. the night before/day of is never a smart play.

I'm just as bummed out as of the rest of you when a fight of this caliber gets cancelled due to negligence. To blame the UFC in all of this is the last thing anybody should be doing. Blame AKA, Ali Abdelaziz, Javier Mendez and Khabib Nurmagomedov for starters.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Postby willg on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Yeah, I thinks its more USADA related. Think a lot of these fighters are still finding out what weight they can naturally cut to.
willg
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Oh, I'm not blaming the UFC.... just pulling my hair out that this stuff keeps happening. Nobody's fault, really... just super bummed out. Honestly, not in this situation but just in general, I think USADA needs to lighten up because they punish every hit as if someone is trying to cheat the system. But that's another argument for another day...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports