MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby bubbie on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:03 pm

So Khabib is getting a chance to beat up Conor. No date set yet.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:17 am

Most of that main card was pretty meh. Sucks Romero missed weight again... what a bummer but damn what a fight.

Idk why, but I have been a fan of Colby since last year and I think his shtick is so over the top and corny but it's awesome, ha. Even though I was rooting for him big time, I thought RDA would be too much for him in the championship rounds... boy was I wrong. Colby's stamina is super legit and he straight up neutralized RDA for the vast majority of that match. Also, I was surprised that he ate a couple of those shots without skipping a beat.

I can just imagine Woodley watching thinking to himself "I can't believe I actually have to fight this guy now." Love him or hate him, he proved he is here to stay and even surprised me, who was already a fan. I am just really looking forward to 5-6 months of absolute entertaining fudge talk between these two. I would think Woodley will be too much for him, but honestly I have no idea... I'm hoping for a great fight one way or the other.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby toobs on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:45 am

Colby has taken the crown of asshat in the UFC de-throwning Conner McNugget due to lack of douchebaggery - Colby looked very impressive in that win over RDA, and wholly sht!snacks was that Whittaker v Romero II amazing, i thought it could have easily been a draw
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby dweebofthedead on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

I can't stand Colby with all my passion, but he out classed RDA. Congrats to him, though, and I'm all in for Colby/Woodley.

Dude, Whittaker is a monster. Broke his hand first round, and still won. But yeah, could've went both ways.

Can't wait for next month's PPV :drool:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

There were some great fights, minus that CM Punk joke, happy he and his opponent are done in the UFC, both jokes.

Colby, love or hate him fought amazing and him and Woodley is going to be great. (just listened to the post fight conference... now I really hope Woodley destroys this guy)

I was most happy to see Arlovski's performance. Soft spot for the old timers. If he can make one more run that would be awesome.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm intrigued to see when Colby eventually "turns face". It's bound to happen but who knows.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:50 am

Wasn't sure where to post it, but here is as good as anywhere else I figured:

Hunt for serial flasher at Virginia shopping center leads to MMA fighter, police say
A professional mixed martial arts fighter is accused of being the "serial flasher" who preyed on women for months at a Virginia Beach shopping center, according to TV station WTKR.

The suspect, 24-year-old Imani Immanuel Smith, of Virginia Beach, is facing six counts of indecent exposure and four counts of masturbation or simulated sex acts in public, the station reported.

Smith has denied the accusations, posting "I am innocent," on his Facebook page, which says he's originally from Oakland, California. The same post also sarcastically thanks those who "threw dirt on my name and tried to make a mockery of this embarrassing situation."

"Because of your hateful and disgusting post(s), I’ve been more motivated than ever before to continue to be a great man, a great fighter, and even more important a great father to my son," he posted on Facebook late Monday.

Investigators say multiple women reported to police that a man posing as a lost motorist was exposing himself in the parking lot of the Landstown Commons Shopping Center in Virginia Beach, reported TV station WWAV. He would first draw women over to his car by asking for directions, the station reported.

"Several" women identified Smith as the suspect, WTKR reported. A partial license plate was also provided by some and it matched Smith's vehicle, the station reported.

Smith is known in MMA as "The Resurrected" and has a record of six wins and eight losses, according to a Tapology web page about his career.

His last fight was June 7, according to Tapology. He is ranked 22 out of 134 active Virginia Amateur Welterweights and 131 of 830 in the southeastern United States, says the site.

Bond was set at $5,000 and Smith was ordered to stay away from the Landstown Commons Shopping Center, reported WTKR.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:51 am

Goddamnit, why does something always happen within 48 hours of a damn card. Sounds like Max got trashed at practice.... oh well. At least there are some other good fights and I don’t think any will have weigh in issues.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:30 am

So freakin' bummed about Holloway/T-City. At-least it'll be rescheduled for next month.

I'm thinking Predator/Black Beast will be bummed up to co-main, and that'll be a damn good fight.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm

mattserrabjj How do you spend the night before your @ufc HOF induction?!? You subdue some asshole drunk that was threatening waiters then tries to swing on you. #jiujitsu

bubbie
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:42 pm

That was so good, ha.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am

dweebofthedead wrote:I'm thinking Predator/Black Beast will be bumped up to co-main, and that'll be a damn good fight.

Oof, gotta eat crow on that one. Probably worst HW fight I've ever seen.

Side note, congrats to DC. It's good to see him back in the HW division. Always thought he had more power when he's fighting as a HW.

The Brock nonsense was silly, though, especially since they're pals and all, but guess it's all part of the hustle now with UFC. Gotta fill them seats.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 am

I was thinking to myself how DC looked overmatched and then BAM... outta nowhere.

That Ngannou Lewis fight was the most surprised I've been maybe ever watching a fight. I still have no idea what was going on but I can imagine Dana blowing a gasket backstage. Hopefully, he isn't messed up mentally from the Stipe fight and he figures it out but I sure am way less excited to see his next fight.

Also, I always get so pissed when Lesnar fights because if he just went straight to UFC instead of WWE all those years ago, he would literally have smashed everyone for about 15 years provided his health didn't start going earlier than it did.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby jmagee87 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 am

I hate Brock Lesnar with a burning passion. F that guy. I wish he'd stay the hell away from the UFC already. I hope DC knocks him out so hard he never fights again
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby toobs on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:11 am

Would love love to see JJ come back against DC in both divisions and take his candy twice
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

PreviousNext

Return to Sports