MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby bubbie on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:03 pm

So Khabib is getting a chance to beat up Conor. No date set yet.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:17 am

Most of that main card was pretty meh. Sucks Romero missed weight again... what a bummer but damn what a fight.

Idk why, but I have been a fan of Colby since last year and I think his shtick is so over the top and corny but it's awesome, ha. Even though I was rooting for him big time, I thought RDA would be too much for him in the championship rounds... boy was I wrong. Colby's stamina is super legit and he straight up neutralized RDA for the vast majority of that match. Also, I was surprised that he ate a couple of those shots without skipping a beat.

I can just imagine Woodley watching thinking to himself "I can't believe I actually have to fight this guy now." Love him or hate him, he proved he is here to stay and even surprised me, who was already a fan. I am just really looking forward to 5-6 months of absolute entertaining fudge talk between these two. I would think Woodley will be too much for him, but honestly I have no idea... I'm hoping for a great fight one way or the other.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby toobs on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:45 am

Colby has taken the crown of asshat in the UFC de-throwning Conner McNugget due to lack of douchebaggery - Colby looked very impressive in that win over RDA, and wholly sht!snacks was that Whittaker v Romero II amazing, i thought it could have easily been a draw
toobs
Art Expert

RottenAtom wrote:This is the hookup thread, not the beg for sloppy seconds thread.

Postby dweebofthedead on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

I can't stand Colby with all my passion, but he out classed RDA. Congrats to him, though, and I'm all in for Colby/Woodley.

Dude, Whittaker is a monster. Broke his hand first round, and still won. But yeah, could've went both ways.

Can't wait for next month's PPV :drool:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

There were some great fights, minus that CM Punk joke, happy he and his opponent are done in the UFC, both jokes.

Colby, love or hate him fought amazing and him and Woodley is going to be great. (just listened to the post fight conference... now I really hope Woodley destroys this guy)

I was most happy to see Arlovski's performance. Soft spot for the old timers. If he can make one more run that would be awesome.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm intrigued to see when Colby eventually "turns face". It's bound to happen but who knows.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Previous

Return to Sports