MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby chevyav53 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Man, what a crazy weekend. I believe UFC history was made that night. All three belt holders lost.

I hate Bisping and GSP looked great, but it's a shame he's dropping back down to his weight class.

Bummed for Joanna, though, but I like Thug Rose, too.

Also, Cody looked good, but TJ clipped him good.

Probably my favorite main card all year.


Agree, they had some horrible cards recently. I didn't order a few of the PPV as protest. Looking forward to seeing more of Costa and the Dec 2nd card is solid as well.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby dweebofthedead on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:54 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:Man, what a crazy weekend. I believe UFC history was made that night. All three belt holders lost.

I hate Bisping and GSP looked great, but it's a shame he's dropping back down to his weight class.

Bummed for Joanna, though, but I like Thug Rose, too.

Also, Cody looked good, but TJ clipped him good.

Probably my favorite main card all year.


Agree, they had some horrible cards recently. I didn't order a few of the PPV as protest. Looking forward to seeing more of Costa and the Dec 2nd card is solid as well.


Yeah, excited to see The Predator against Reem. Ngannou is a beast.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:58 am

Edgar is out Dec 2nd, wonder if they put Aldo in.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby Baker on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:40 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Edgar is out Dec 2nd, wonder if they put Aldo in.


Id rather see Cub face Max considering Aldo took a beating in his last fight against Max. No real reason to run that one back with Aldo having not fought anyone else since then.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5977
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Image

Postby bubbie on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:34 am

What the drymount happened here?



Man, this dude will get beaten one day. Probably sooner rather than later too.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2905
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby chevyav53 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:37 am

Baker wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Edgar is out Dec 2nd, wonder if they put Aldo in.


Id rather see Cub face Max considering Aldo took a beating in his last fight against Max. No real reason to run that one back with Aldo having not fought anyone else since then.


Their last fight was a good one. He’s called out Ferguson which I’d like to see. He also called out Conor but after seeing what just happened I wonder what’s going to happen.

Don’t know about Conor right now. Feel like I will be a 30/30 in a few years about the rise and fall and he’ll be living out of his car fighting in backyards. Can’t keep spending and acting that way.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby dweebofthedead on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 am

I mean, Conor gonna Conor, but that dude needs to fight. I'd love to see him go against Khabib in Russia, but that ain't gonna happen since Khabib is fighting Barboza next.

Conor vs. Diaz 3 only makes sense at this point.

How about Silva popping positive. If B sample comes back positive, too, that dude could face a 4-year suspension. Oof. Dude is legacy in my eyes.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby chevyav53 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 am

Sucks about the positive result and if B positive the entire legacy is tarnished just as it is with Jones. Especially when you have clean athletes such as Cormier, Diaz brothers etc... who have fought these guys and wonder if clean how it would have gone.

I would like a Conor Diaz 3, hell just want to see a Conor fight before he ruins himself and then we have all these what ifs.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby dweebofthedead on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Craziness

Image
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby chevyav53 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:57 am

dweebofthedead wrote:Craziness


Ha you had me going, there’s no way...
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:32 am

One more...

Image
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Previous

Return to Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest