soccer...

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby vialister on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:35 pm

mikeyc1023 wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:It's Arsenals year!!!

We certainly can hope.

Their bottle has well and truly gone. If Leicester win the next 2 games its hard to see past them winning the league.
Personally think it will be amazing if they do. Shows that money doesn't bring success and that a good team spirit can go a hell of a long way.
Just need Chelsea to be relegated now haha
vialister
Art Enthusiast

Postby SpinalRemains on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Hahaha, relegated. I heard this a hundred times in the fall. Sitting mid table with 9 matches to go it's highly unlikely. They'll stay up, rebuild this summer with a new manager and start to finally see some infusion of youth that they never would get with Mo. Add to that the overwhelming likelihood of 1) a lack of european competition and 2) an influx of cash from the sale of a certain unhappy Belgian and I'd say that next year will be a little easier for the blues. Still some decisions to be made about the back four though...
SpinalRemains
Art Enthusiast

Postby vialister on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:23 pm

SpinalRemains wrote:Hahaha, relegated. I heard this a hundred times in the fall. Sitting mid table with 9 matches to go it's highly unlikely. They'll stay up, rebuild this summer with a new manager and start to finally see some infusion of youth that they never would get with Mo. Add to that the overwhelming likelihood of 1) a lack of european competition and 2) an influx of cash from the sale of a certain unhappy Belgian and I'd say that next year will be a little easier for the blues. Still some decisions to be made about the back four though...

I was being sarcastic haha! Safe to say that Hazard is on the way to PSG, didn't like that half time shirt swap he pulled the other night.

Rafa appointed Newcastle manager. I honestly don't think even he can save that club. they're a laughing stock up here (I'm from the north east) I'm just hoping we (middlesbrough) haven't bottled it this season.
Lost some vital points again teams struggling to survive in the championship. Its automatic or nothing. Can't be dealing with the playoffs again....
vialister
Art Enthusiast

Postby SpinalRemains on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:18 pm

I figured lol. I realized once I started rooting for Chelsea there was so much hatred. Sometimes it's tough to tell. I can see the point of the promotion playoffs but it makes it so much harder on the teams. Either way, good luck with the rest of the campaign.
SpinalRemains
Art Enthusiast

Postby vialister on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:43 am

SpinalRemains wrote:I figured lol. I realized once I started rooting for Chelsea there was so much hatred. Sometimes it's tough to tell. I can see the point of the promotion playoffs but it makes it so much harder on the teams. Either way, good luck with the rest of the campaign.

Cheers! We got to the final last year and didn't turn up at all and lost 2-0, was heartbreaking to go all that way and fall at the last hurdle.
Looks like things have gotten worse for us now, rumor has it our manager has walked out. 11 games left and we're 2nd by 2 points. I hope to god he hasn't as he's a brilliant manager but I think he's lost the dressing room a bit. Next few games / days are crucial to our season.

Lot's of people do hate chelsea, probably because they don't have a history before 2003 8)
vialister
Art Enthusiast

Postby Diabolos80 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:49 am

I'm pulling for LC. Every time I've watched them, they're hustling constantly. I'm in America with just five years of BPL history, so I've got no attachments to the big guns, and I don't really have an interest in how their title might shake up the league. I just want to see them win cuz they don't quit.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Postby lapislazuli on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:21 am

#TeamRafaBenitez
lapislazuli
Art Connoisseur

Postby SpinalRemains on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:58 pm

vialister wrote:
Lot's of people do hate chelsea, probably because they don't have a history before 2003 8)

Fudge off Chelsea FC
you aint got no history...

Ironically enough some poor blues fan started a site called "we aint got no history." Badge of honor at this point I suppose. But in 10 or 20 years time Chelsea and City's financial backing will have brought them history enough. That's the name of the game these days, all leagues and sports unfortunately. The honor's in the dollar kid :wink:
SpinalRemains
Art Enthusiast

Postby SpinalRemains on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I'm pulling for LC. Every time I've watched them, they're hustling constantly. I'm in America with just five years of BPL history, so I've got no attachments to the big guns, and I don't really have an interest in how their title might shake up the league. I just want to see them win cuz they don't quit.

I think what the foxes have done is great. I hope they pull it off and Vardy stays put. Only four teams have ever won the premier league, time to shake things up a bit anyway.
SpinalRemains
Art Enthusiast

Postby Diabolos80 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:07 pm

SpinalRemains wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:I'm pulling for LC. Every time I've watched them, they're hustling constantly. I'm in America with just five years of BPL history, so I've got no attachments to the big guns, and I don't really have an interest in how their title might shake up the league. I just want to see them win cuz they don't quit.

I think what the foxes have done is great. I hope they pull it off and Vardy stays put. Only four teams have ever won the premier league, time to shake things up a bit anyway.

Agreed on all points, especially with the way two of the bigguns have been playing this season. MU in particular has been downright shameful.
And a high dollar transfer for Vardy would be a sour end note for LC's fantastic efforts.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:11 pm

drymounting typical Arsenal
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby LeeKaye on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Someone, somewhere must have put money on Leicester winning the PL before the season started. Maybe not but if so...kerching baby.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Postby lapislazuli on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:16 am

lapislazuli
Art Connoisseur

Postby bert on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:38 am

LeeKaye wrote:Someone, somewhere must have put money on Leicester winning the PL before the season started. Maybe not but if so...kerching baby.

I've seen a few in the papers - I think a few have settled early (5 figure sums from a £5 stake).

It's an amazing story, I hope they can hold their nerve and win it.
bert
Art Expert

Postby vialister on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm

bert wrote:
LeeKaye wrote:Someone, somewhere must have put money on Leicester winning the PL before the season started. Maybe not but if so...kerching baby.

I've seen a few in the papers - I think a few have settled early (5 figure sums from a £5 stake).

It's an amazing story, I hope they can hold their nerve and win it.

Odds were 5000/1 at the start of the season. If only haha
vialister
Art Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Sports