NCAAF

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:28 pm

Did anyone see Oregon State fail on a fake field goal to end the half?
The holder handed it to the kicker to run it in 20 yards as time expired.
No really… the kicker.
He got smeared at the 5 and they walked into the locker room pissing away the easy field goal.
Even the announcer said something like, that’s probably the worst athlete on the field… that’s the play?
Then they proceeded to lose the game by 3 drymounting points.
Could have been 7-1 in the best conference in the NCAA.
Nope.
With that idiot coach, I guess 6 and 2 is probably the greatest drymounting achievement in the history of college drymounting football.
Wow.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:21 am

Very poor time management by Washington at the end of the second semifinal. With under 3:00 on 3rd and goal just inside the 10, run the ball and burn one of the two remaining Texas timeouts. Had the Huskies done so they would have been able to take a knee when they recovered the onside kick.

Speaking of taking a knee, once the onside kick was recovered with 1:06 left and two Texas timeouts, have Penix run toward the far sideline and slide 3 times. It would burn 5 seconds a play plus the 40 second run off after Texas was out of timeouts. No chance for a fumble. Punt the ball out of bounds. Texas would have maybe 10 seconds left with no timeouts deep in their own territory. Even taking a knee 3x then punting would have been better than running the injured RB 3x.

Instead, the Huskies ran just 16 second off the clock before punting. The punt netted a whole 8 yards.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:36 pm

Wasn’t as pretty as it should have been.
Almost blew it.
Didn’t they have an injury that stopped the clock instead of running it almost all the way down?
That cost them.
Penix was sensational AF. That was a highlight reel of perfect passes in one game.

C Word Ted Cruz and Wheelchair Nazi Greg Abbot got a front row seat to Nopeville.
From what I read every single day, I find it shocking they both had time to put down the fire hose and take a break from spraying desperate people away to go all the way to New Orleans and party.
Blue States 3 Red States 0.

That Oregon game was easy money at -17.5.
Should have played Georgia instead of Liberty Biberty.
FSU should have dropped to 58th.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:15 pm

Easy money was also Georgia v FSU and OSU v Missouri.

Yes, regarding the Washington RB injury stopping the clock. The guy was limping along the sideline in the 2nd half. My thought was that they didn’t need that first down. There is a better chance of a fumble than Texas scoring a TD with no timeouts from their own 20 with 15 seconds left.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:10 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:36 pm
That Oregon game was easy money at -17.5.
It was a lock.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:55 pm

* If that RB is healthy…
Doesn’t WA have a decent shot at +154 money line?
I hate betting the underdog to win rather than cover.
But it looks like a big fat cherry, just sitting there.

Michigan has a defensive push that is incredible though.
Doesn’t bode well with time needed for all those deep passes, and you have to have a bit of a ground threat to open up the passing game.
Beating that Oregon team twice is impressive.
Has to count for something.
If I was betting, I’d have to go with WA + 4.5.
But i would rather keep the million I made on OR…

If I was betting.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:03 pm

Last .02 thought:

After criminally dismantling the strongest conference in NCAA football, finally, for some reason it feels like the PAC 12 would go out with a bang.
It would be fitting.
And hopefully salt in someone’s wounds that had any part in the PAC 12’s demise.
Still can’t believe that is happening.
Greedy C word TTwats.