MLB 2018

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jlabbate on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Per Rotoworld:

Rafael Palmeiro told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that he is thinking about trying to return to the majors at age 53.
Yes, as a player. "There's no doubt in my mind I can do it," Palmeiro said. "I've taken care of myself really well. I've been working out for years." The former four-time All-Star hasn't appeared in an MLB-affiliated game since he got suspended in August 2005 for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug, though he did have an odd one-night run with the independent Sugar Land Skeeters in 2015. We debated even writing this blurb. This is a pipe dream.
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby phishstix101 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Tebow has a better chance at making a team!
phishstix101
Art Expert

Postby rikkirattoe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Ohtani team meetings wrap up tomorrow. Decision by winter meetings apparently
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Postby RadRacing on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:30 pm

jlabbate wrote:Per Rotoworld:

Rafael Palmeiro told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that he is thinking about trying to return to the majors at age 53.
Yes, as a player. "There's no doubt in my mind I can do it," Palmeiro said. "I've taken care of myself really well. I've been working out for years." The former four-time All-Star hasn't appeared in an MLB-affiliated game since he got suspended in August 2005 for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug, though he did have an odd one-night run with the independent Sugar Land Skeeters in 2015. We debated even writing this blurb. This is a pipe dream.

Baseball old timers are THE WORST for hanging onto the past and the old ways. "When I played we didn't blah blah blah..."
RadRacing
Art Expert

Postby rikkirattoe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm

RadRacing wrote:
jlabbate wrote:Per Rotoworld:

Baseball old timers are THE WORST for hanging onto the past and the old ways. "When I played we didn't blah blah blah..."

Joe Morgan is the leader of that pack
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Postby phishstix101 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 pm

"This morning, after a thorough, detailed process, Shohei Ohtani has decided to sign with the Los Angeles Angels,"
phishstix101
Art Expert

Postby rikkirattoe on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 am

Stanton to Yanks it appears
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 am

cotis
Art Expert

Postby chalkdust on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am

lol
chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:08 am

lotta hot takes out of STL about this trade falling apart for the Cards. especially after Giancarlo said that he wanted to see what other organizations were about, despite not being interested in ever going there. :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby chalkdust on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am

he wasn't going to come here. Ferguson and all that.. :roll:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 am

I understand wanting to go to a team that is the top of the game now.
he gets paid the same amount on either team so why not go to the one that's going to win?!
That being said, in NYC he is just another name among all the stars on both that team and all the other various things in the city.
In STL he would be the biggest star in the region.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby chalkdust on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 am

it's that Albert Pujols grass is greener syndrome. Albert found out it's not
chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Worst Fans in MLB wrote:2. St. Louis Cardinals
We like to have fun around here, but we realize many of these sweeping generalizations we're making might apply to some elements of a fanbase but not necessarily the fanbase as a whole. But Cardinals fans? WOW. Fact: every last Cardinals fan believes right down to the marrow of their custard-fortified bones that, by golly, the Cards are just a special franchise blessed by whatever deity you believe in (oh, who are we kidding, it's the Christian one) with the capacity to just do things the right way.

They fancy themselves the best fans in baseball to such a degree that it’s become a punchline within baseball circles and a dynamic blessed with its own must-read, hypocrisy-exposing Twitter account where you can read all the horribly racist things they continue to say about Jason Heyward for daring to, you know, choose his employer. Oh, and their front office broke federal laws hacking into the Houston Astros computer system, which has somehow received about 1% the attention that Tom Brady's taste for slightly more grippable balls did.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Personally I was hoping the cardinals would focus on just signing some pitching this season and save their big money for Harper next year.
Maybe even trade for him midseason if the Nationals are doing poorly to make signing him after that easier.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports