MLB 2018

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby fredo on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:05 am

desch wrote:2004 ALCS

fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby cotis on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 am

last time Sox thumped Yanks that bad, Yankees didn't lose another game to them all year and won the 2009 World Series.

seems like an omen!
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:19 pm

This is what frustrates me. Cashman doesn't get the credit he deserves. Cashman stole Didi Gregorious from Arizona and look at the tear he's been on to start the season. In 2016 they rebuilt, while still remaining competitive and last year they were 1 game shy of the World Series. LOVE this team. Now let's see if they can get Stanton straightened out. I think the booing is a little premature at home, honestly. Torres and Andujar have hit well since coming up. This is a very exciting team to watch. They'll go as far as their starting pitching takes them.

Also, great come-from-behind wins recently against Minnestoa and now Anaheim. I thought for sure they were going to lose the first game in Anaheim, being down by a run in the top of the 9th, but they tie it and then win in extras on, you guessed it, Didi's homerun. Winner's of 8 straight, looking for a sweep of the Angels tonight and only 2 games back in the AL East. :pint: :notworthy:
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby jamel-d on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Irishman12 wrote:This is what frustrates me. Cashman doesn't get the credit he deserves. Cashman stole Didi Gregorious from Arizona and look at the tear he's been on to start the season. In 2016 they rebuilt, while still remaining competitive and last year they were 1 game shy of the World Series. LOVE this team. Now let's see if they can get Stanton straightened out. I think the booing is a little premature at home, honestly. Torres and Andujar have hit well since coming up. This is a very exciting team to watch. They'll go as far as their starting pitching takes them.

Just curious, but who doesn’t give Cash credit? He’s recognized as one of the best GMs in all of baseball. He was praised after selling in 2016 which elevated their minor league system to one of the best. The fact that the Steinbrenner family has pretty much turned the franchise over to him is testament alone of the job he’s been doing. If not for the tear down and rebuilds of quite a few franchises over the past few years, he’d be GM of the year. All of his peers regard him as one of the best there is. (Hopefully, the Sonny Gray deal works out).
jamel-d
Art Expert

THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17 Image

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:39 pm

jamel-d wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:This is what frustrates me. Cashman doesn't get the credit he deserves. Cashman stole Didi Gregorious from Arizona and look at the tear he's been on to start the season. In 2016 they rebuilt, while still remaining competitive and last year they were 1 game shy of the World Series. LOVE this team. Now let's see if they can get Stanton straightened out. I think the booing is a little premature at home, honestly. Torres and Andujar have hit well since coming up. This is a very exciting team to watch. They'll go as far as their starting pitching takes them.

Just curious, but who doesn’t give Cash credit? He’s recognized as one of the best GMs in all of baseball. He was praised after selling in 2016 which elevated their minor league system to one of the best. The fact that the Steinbrenner family has pretty much turned the franchise over to him is testament alone of the job he’s been doing. If not for the tear down and rebuilds of quite a few franchises over the past few years, he’d be GM of the year. All of his peers regard him as one of the best there is. (Hopefully, the Sonny Gray deal works out).

The media mostly but other baseball fans/followers. Usually when hearing GM names it's the same: Theo Epstein, Jeff Lundhow, etc. Because everyone dismisses the Yankees success as purchased. The scouting department I believe deserves credit too as they've done a better job with the evaluations in terms of trades and drafting.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:28 am

that's fine, let Cash be our dirty little secret.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:18 pm

lol, yes the Yankees are devoid of getting their just dues.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm

seems about as silly as me complaining about John Mozeliak not getting enough credit for what he has done with the Cards farm system.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby turnJBup on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Seager out for the year... Tommy John.
Ouch.
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby chalkdust on Sat May 05, 2018 1:43 pm

congrats to Albert. :notworthy:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sun May 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Ichiro is moving to a front office position but his agent has been careful to state that he's not retiring (yet). What do you guys say? You think he'll suite up again in 2019? I don't think it'll happen if he's already being moved to the front office in May of this season.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby BENYOUNG20 on Sun May 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Ichiro is moving to a front office position but his agent has been careful to state that he's not retiring (yet). What do you guys say? You think he'll suite up again in 2019? I don't think it'll happen if he's already being moved to the front office in May of this season.

Seattle’s first two games are in Japan next year. My guess he suits up for that...then retires in his home country.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon May 07, 2018 3:39 am

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Ichiro is moving to a front office position but his agent has been careful to state that he's not retiring (yet). What do you guys say? You think he'll suite up again in 2019? I don't think it'll happen if he's already being moved to the front office in May of this season.

Seattle’s first two games are in Japan next year. My guess he suits up for that...then retires in his home country.

That makes sense. I heard he still wants to continue playing and he'd have the opportunity in Japan if not in MLB. If he wants to continue to play so badly, I don't see why he doesn't go back to Japan and do it? Hiroki Kuroda did.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby jlabbate on Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 pm

A source confirms to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano is facing an 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement
and Robbie just hit the DL with a broken hand ..Oof! (aka codeblue'd)
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Tue May 15, 2018 2:37 pm

I think its bogus that you can serve your PED suspension while on the DL. those games should be added on AFTER player is healthy and on the active roster again.

oh and drug he tested positive for is commonly used to mask other PED use. so that may be what he "tested positive for" but he was likely using a mix of other PEDs.

http://www.doping-prevention.com/substa ... gents.html

:thumbdown: bye bye Hall of Fame career.
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports