MLB 2018

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby downforcemedia on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Could Kimbrel be any more rattled?
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby jjttdw on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:22 pm

downforcemedia wrote:Could Kimbrel be any more rattled?


No, Dude can't throw strikes. Stupidest getting the sign stance in baseball.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5238
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby downforcemedia on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Torres couldn't see the fastball. Surprised he even made contact. Great play to end it.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby jjttdw on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 pm

I'm a Cubs fan but I gotta say the best 4 teams are left.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5238
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby desch on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Somebody threw a beer at Kimbrel coming into the game. Stay classy Yankees fans!
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3201
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver
Wait for it...MisterX is going to freak out if you make a Russia connection.

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 pm

jjttdw wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:Could Kimbrel be any more rattled?


No, Dude can't throw strikes. Stupidest getting the sign stance in baseball.


We call it the Charlie Brown when he sees his Xmas tree all done up-stance.

See ya Yankees. What a horrible way to go down, with a whimper at home. Buncha losers. :lol:
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8049
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Postby fredo on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:32 pm

Image
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 25002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby downforcemedia on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Boston v. Houston. Man will that be a great series.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby desch on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Fun from Reddit last night...


”This is my plea to everyone for tonight. “All year, despite all the success we’ve had, this fan base (this sub especially) has been so divided. Divided on Boone, divided on our approach, divided on this, that, or the other thing. I’m begging everyone to put that aside tonight. We need to let this go for now and focus on tonight. If you’re in the stadium tonight with me, stand up and cheer and yell your ass off, but please please do not boo. Don’t boo Boone, don’t boo Stanton, don’t boo f—ing anybody except the a–holes in red and grey. Just for today. Please.

Last night we had fans leaving in the 4th inning. By the 8th, I was one of the only Yankee fans left in my section. Hearing ‘Let’s go Red Sox’ chants in our f—ing stadium made my blood boil and it should do the same to you. We’re the New York f—ing Yankees and this dogs–t red team from their sorry excuse for a ‘city’ doesn’t push us around in our home f—ing ballpark. We need to stand together tonight and the crowd needs to be a machine that helps fuel this comeback. Just about three months ago, we responded to a blowout loss to the Sox with a win of our own. So let’s f—ing do it again. “And even if you don’t want to do it for me or for your fellow fans (who you may heavily disagree with on some things), do it for CC. Like it or not, this could be his last start in the Bronx. Give him and the rest of the team the support and respect they deserve for what could be the last time. “We will have all offseason to discuss what we hated and who’s to blame and why (*assuming we lose, which I will not accept until I’m forced to), but it is going to be a long offseason, folks. So cheer now while you still can and let’s do our part to help extend this run by another day. “LET’S. GO. YANKEES.”
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3201
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver
Wait for it...MisterX is going to freak out if you make a Russia connection.

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:13 pm

It's been announced that Didi Gregorius needs Tommy John surgery. He felt something in his elbow at Fenway Park when making a relay throw during the ALDS. Boone hopes he could return in time “to play the bulk of the season with us,” and Brian Cashman suggested a “summer” return for Gregorius is possible. So does this mean the Yankees go hard after Machado due to Didi's uncertainty?

Also, the Yankees are actively going to shop Sonny Gray this offseason. Per Cashman, “We’re entering the winter open-minded to relocation.” “It’s probably best to try somewhere else.” Wow, not mincing words there.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1261
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby downforcemedia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Irishman12 wrote:It's been announced that Didi Gregorius needs Tommy John surgery. He felt something in his elbow at Fenway Park when making a relay throw during the ALDS. Boone hopes he could return in time “to play the bulk of the season with us,” and Brian Cashman suggested a “summer” return for Gregorius is possible. So does this mean the Yankees go hard after Machado due to Didi's uncertainty?

Also, the Yankees are actively going to shop Sonny Gray this offseason. Per Cashman, “We’re entering the winter open-minded to relocation.” “It’s probably best to try somewhere else.” Wow, not mincing words there.


He can bat in 2019 but he won't be able to throw at any position. He will be stuck at DH the entire season - same as Ohtani.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby cotis on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm

downforcemedia wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:It's been announced that Didi Gregorius needs Tommy John surgery. He felt something in his elbow at Fenway Park when making a relay throw during the ALDS. Boone hopes he could return in time “to play the bulk of the season with us,” and Brian Cashman suggested a “summer” return for Gregorius is possible. So does this mean the Yankees go hard after Machado due to Didi's uncertainty?

Also, the Yankees are actively going to shop Sonny Gray this offseason. Per Cashman, “We’re entering the winter open-minded to relocation.” “It’s probably best to try somewhere else.” Wow, not mincing words there.


He can bat in 2019 but he won't be able to throw at any position. He will be stuck at DH the entire season - same as Ohtani.


my take was that he is shut down until fully healed, not Ohtani situation.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby downforcemedia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm

^^^ It kind of is an Ohtani situation because Ohtani bats and pitches. He got TJ surgery about 2 weeks ago and they are saying he will likely be ready to bat by the 2019 All-Star break. But he can't throw at all until 2020.

If Didi gets the surgery now, he will likely be able to hit soon after the All-Star break but not play any positions. Kinda like Ohtani. :)
Last edited by downforcemedia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby jamel-d on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:13 pm

cotis wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:It's been announced that Didi Gregorius needs Tommy John surgery. He felt something in his elbow at Fenway Park when making a relay throw during the ALDS. Boone hopes he could return in time “to play the bulk of the season with us,” and Brian Cashman suggested a “summer” return for Gregorius is possible. So does this mean the Yankees go hard after Machado due to Didi's uncertainty?

Also, the Yankees are actively going to shop Sonny Gray this offseason. Per Cashman, “We’re entering the winter open-minded to relocation.” “It’s probably best to try somewhere else.” Wow, not mincing words there.


He can bat in 2019 but he won't be able to throw at any position. He will be stuck at DH the entire season - same as Ohtani.


my take was that he is shut down until fully healed, not Ohtani situation.

Talk is Torres is going to start at shortstop.
As for Machado, doubt they'll spend the money it'll take to get him.Their need is starting pitching and left handed hitting. Biggest mistake Cashman made this year was not going all in on Garret Cole. #1s are hard to trade for and he would have fit in perfect. They drafted him out of high school but he chose to attend college, so they were well aware of his potential.
Should be an interesting offseason.
jamel-d
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9007
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17 Image

Postby downforcemedia on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Brew Crew roughed up Kershaw. He has to be beside himself. Brewers looking very very good.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

PreviousNext

Return to Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests