NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby afrosteeziac on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 am

Apparently NO offered 10 for a year first, though I can not verify that credibility of that information. Even if they did I don't get the general whining from the internet about the league should have blocked the move or people jumping on boogies case. I just think these moves and the fact that the west is so stacked the 1-16 playoff format will start to pick up steam.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 am

afrosteeziac wrote:Apparently NO offered 10 for a year first, though I can not verify that credibility of that information. Even if they did I don't get the general whining from the internet about the league should have blocked the move or people jumping on boogies case. I just think these moves and the fact that the west is so stacked the 1-16 playoff format will start to pick up steam.

Probably just bitter morons bitching. They did it legally and within the cap so hats off.

Also, it is pretty wild to look back on and scratch your head at how the league blocked the CP3 trade to LA years ago, especially after all that's happened since, lol. That was the start of me losing serious interest in the NBA and then the same with the Colangelo forced hiring. It's a joke that they are able to step in like that when they want.

But anyways, I digress...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby kansasbbq on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:44 am

Cousins is lazy and will be lucky to get back to 80% of what he was prior to his injury.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby Codeblue on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Even at 80% duke will be a force off the bench if he will even tolerate that.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Meanwhile...

OKC's buying out Melo.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:32 pm

:clap:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby HungryFace on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm so happy to get that bum off of my team!

Meanwhile in Sacramento...

RFA Zach LaVine has agreed to a four-year, $80M offer sheet with the Sacramento Kings, league sources tell Yahoo. The Chicago Bulls have 48 hours to match.

KANGZ!!! :vomit:

No way the Bulls will match.

Edit: So it looks like the Bulls will in fact match! 4/78 is the exact amount. Damn.
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby SwampButt on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:15 pm

HungryFace wrote:I'm so happy to get that bum off of my team!

Meanwhile in Sacramento...

RFA Zach LaVine has agreed to a four-year, $80M offer sheet with the Sacramento Kings, league sources tell Yahoo. The Chicago Bulls have 48 hours to match.

KANGZ!!! :vomit:

No way the Bulls will match.

Edit: So it looks like the Bulls will in fact match! 4/78 is the exact amount. Damn.

I know this dude from the dunk contest only. Crazy how much money these dudes are making now
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 am

Walked into Uncle Drew after another movie the other day. It's better than expected for a commercial stretched to a feature that stars a bunch of amateur actors. Amongst the legends like Shaq and Reggie Miller, there was one main character that I couldn't identify and in the credits I learned that it was... Nate Robinson? Nate Robinson?? How the hell did he get in that movie...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby jjttdw on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:29 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Cousins is lazy and does not deserve a ring.

FTFY
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Isaiah Thomas signed a 1 year deal with Denver for the veterans minimum. Wow, his stock really plummeted from just 2 years ago.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Dats a pretty small Brinks truck they backed up for him.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

That Kyrie trade definitely didn't work out for Cleveland. First they trade him to Boston and got an injuried Isaiah Thomas, who wound up only playing 15 games for them before being traded to LA. Then LeBron bolts for LA. At least if they'd have held on to Kyrie, they would have put on a better showing in the Finals and would have Kyrie this year before he hits free agency next year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Eh, but who knows if the LeBron/Kyrie drama wouldn't have blown up or something. I agree that Cleveland probably should've held onto him, but wonder whether that team would've come together better with Kyrie as the second superstar or self-destructed with that drama looming.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Eh, but who knows if the LeBron/Kyrie drama wouldn't have blown up or something. I agree that Cleveland probably should've held onto him, but wonder whether that team would've come together better with Kyrie as the second superstar or self-destructed with that drama looming.

True, but with LeBron leaving, it would have been Kyrie's team this year. Maybe with that new moniker and with the addition of Sexton, that could of compelled him to sign an extension?
Irishman12
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports