NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:19 am

afrosteeziac wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Unless the Lakers have a Kawhi deal ready or something...that team isn't making it past GS or Houston as currently constructed. Guess LeBron's Finals streak is finally in jeopardy.

He might just be at a point where it doesn't even matter. Or at the least he is aware this will be a year mainly for improving the young bucks and creating an appealing destination for enticing others next year. Main focus seems to be the family and future Hollywood business opportunities.

Exactly, this year they won't be able to compete with the West's best but next summer, they should be able to get someone to pair with LeBron. LeBron's deal is 4 years, with the final year a player option. So at minimum, LeBron's there for the next 3 seasons. They might get Cousins this year but definitely they should be able to grab Kawhi next year. Let LeBron gel with the team this year and add next.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:25 am

Javale and Lance Friggin Stephenson are heading to LA too! LOL this is going to be a entertaining year.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby mtarail on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 am

I was just talking smack a few days ago as a Lakers fan. But that was with the idea that the Lakers would have to gut their roster and draft picks on other players just to lure Lebron to LA. To pick him up as an unrestricted FA, (so the Lakers give up nothing but $ to get him) is great, especially for a team that has been irrelevant for so long.

Again, this has to make the Spurs think. As an organization do you take some stuff of value for Kawhi and move him in the the last year of his contract, knowing you're not hoisting a championship trophy next year no matter what? Or do you just play Kawhi this year, knowing that when he walks away you have nothing to start a re-build after he leaves?
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 am

Is Leonard 100% recovered from his injury?
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 am

No idea. It's kind of a weird little conundrum Leonard's people put him in, since the narrative was "the Spurs are trying to rush me when I'm not fully recovered" but also "he's totally healthy enough to play and therefore be paid the mega-max." Either it's a weird injury that may bug him for the rest of his career or they lied to keep him from playing in SA until they get the trade to LA that they wanted.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:23 am

Wild stuff. Looks like he's thinking long-term mogul decisions rather than on-court decisions from here on out. This should be fun as hell to watch with all the guys already signed and especially if they don't move Ball all the entertainment that will ensue. It would have been nice to have him here in Philly, but the fact he actually went West is great because the East is now a 2-team race with us trying to play catch up to Boston. The Sixers/Celtics rivalry just went up another notch now. Once you account for the "Lebron factor" I guess the Lakers can maybe get a 5 seed, but the West is too much of a gauntlet to actually do anything of notice this year. Next year, I am sure they will keep adding but I honestly think there's a good chance Lebron may have played in his last Finals... especially if Klay takes a paycut.

I'm torn on making a deal for Kawhi, since it may not be much now that his price is way below what it should be. But there's zero chance Pop moves him anywhere in the West. The only thing that worries me is if Boston gives up Tatum or an even better package than the Sixers might offer. I don't want to sell the house, but if we can find a way to get him here then we have a great shot at going to the Finals next year. Hell, if he makes it to the Finals in Philly and enjoys playing on this team as much as everyone else does, then it might be tough to leave after one year... stranger things have happened.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Lakers aren't finished remaking their roster. They renounced Julius Randle (who then signed with New Orleans for 2 years and $18 million) and then sign Rajon Rando on a one year $9 million deal. The thought now is with Randle in NOLA, Cousins is all but gone.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby HungryFace on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:43 pm

The Lakers look like fudge. I guess they're punting this season - all these 1 year contracts for scrubs.

Anyway, Boogie just signed on for the Warriors. Yup - you read that right. Boogie to the drymounting Warriors.

What a joke.
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Holy fudge the Boogie news. :shock:
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby Codeblue on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Fuggin cray.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Like I am absolutely all for this move just as a massive F-U to LeBron and the Lakers.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Like I am absolutely all for this move just as a massive F-U to LeBron and the Lakers.

I mean I would love to say he regrets his decision already, but he didn’t go to La to win ships.

Also, now I hope the Sixers DEFINTELY don’t make any moves. Nobody is beating GSW for the next three years. Just bide our time and try to get ahead of Boston. And damn, this is the best starting 5 in NBA history.... absolutely absurd.

No reason to watch the regular season I guess, lol.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby apalma27 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:37 pm

I see Boogie and Draymond fighting as the only way they don’t 3-peat.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Postby HungryFace on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Boogie might not be back until February - so not many teams could afford to take the risk on him.

It looks like it was between the Warriors, and Celtics. He opted for the sure ring.
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby mtarail on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Codeblue wrote:Fuggin cray.
mtarail
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports