NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby toobs on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 am

Agreed... Cavs loss can mostly be put on JR Smith's bone head play. So many calls in a game happen you can't blame the charge reversal, it was the right call, LeBron was still moving when he got hit, his feet weren't set and he wasn't even square in front of KD, he was leaning sideways shoulder first jus to take the hit.

Hope tonight's game and the rest are as fun as the first.
toobs
Art Expert

RottenAtom wrote:This is the hookup thread, not the beg for sloppy seconds thread.

Postby HungryFace on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:50 pm

KD still the second best player in the league, and the best scorer of his generation.

Oh well.

Not long until the Draft.
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Watching Bron Bron sulk neva gets old.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jjttdw on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:38 am

Codeblue wrote:Watching Bron Bron sulk neva gets old.

I think LeBron is a great player but the reason Jordan is GOAT is that his team would have won game 1 or 3 or both. Jordan would have willed it.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 am

I'm actually surprised, LeBron's whining got a call reversed in his favor. It still didn't determine the outcome but man, this product is far less superior than it was in the 90's. Is Golden State going to sweep or wrap it up on their home court on Monday?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Irishman12 wrote:I'm actually surprised, LeBron's whining got a call reversed in his favor. It still didn't determine the outcome but man, this product is far less superior than it was in the 90's. Is Golden State going to sweep or wrap it up on their home court on Monday?

They are usually good for one or two goose eggs but they did last night and still pulled it out. Think the sweep is on.

NBA is getting worse than soccer with the flops and crying for a foul... miss the old days.

chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby jjttdw on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Classic Rodman.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:49 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I'm actually surprised, LeBron's whining got a call reversed in his favor. It still didn't determine the outcome but man, this product is far less superior than it was in the 90's. Is Golden State going to sweep or wrap it up on their home court on Monday?

They are usually good for one or two goose eggs but they did last night and still pulled it out. Think the sweep is on.

NBA is getting worse than soccer with the flops and crying for a foul... miss the old days.

Yes, player safety is the new initiative, which I understand and I don't want to see anybody get hurt but it's taking away from the game IMO. For me, the game was ruined by Manu "Mr. Flop" Ginobili! I never have and never will like him. Wish he'd retire already!

Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby chevyav53 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:

Yes, player safety is the new initiative, which I understand and I don't want to see anybody get hurt but it's taking away from the game IMO. For me, the game was ruined by Manu "Mr. Flop" Ginobili! I never have and never will like him. Wish he'd retire already!

That Euro flopper mentality..... fudge player safety. They are being paid millions to play a game, don't like it do something else. You hear anything about safety of real jobs in the media.... bunch of babies....
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:31 pm

It's been getting talked about more lately, especially with the rise of players like Steph Curry and it's a fair question: would Steph Curry be the player he is back in the 1980's/1990's? I don't think so. He's a great shooter, there's no way around that, but what you were able to get away with back then, I still don't think he'd be draining 30-footers with the ease he does in today's game.

In other news, is anyone else getting sick and tired of the Jordan/LeBron comparisons? That's all ESPN has been running during these playoffs. IMO, it's no contest, Jordan. LeBron's got some great numbers and has a chance to unseat Kareem as the all-time leading scorer, not to mention he could finish in the top 5 for assist leaders as well. Extremely impressive. However, LeBron's been on the wrong side of history with some of his numbers as well. Just in Game 1 of the NBA Finals this year, he became just the 6th player in Finals history to score at least 50 points. The difference with LeBron, he's the only one to have scored 50+ in a Finals game and still lost. In addition, LeBron has been to 8 straight NBA Finals between Miami and Cleveland. Again, extremely impressive. His record (granted if they lose this year as well): 3-5 (and 3-6 overall for his career). Jordan in the Finals: 6-0.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Irishman12 wrote:It's been getting talked about more lately, especially with the rise of players like Steph Curry and it's a fair question: would Steph Curry be the player he is back in the 1980's/1990's? I don't think so. He's a great shooter, there's no way around that, but what you were able to get away with back then, I still don't think he'd be draining 30-footers with the ease he does in today's game.

In other news, is anyone else getting sick and tired of the Jordan/LeBron comparisons? That's all ESPN has been running during these playoffs. IMO, it's no contest, Jordan. LeBron's got some great numbers and has a chance to unseat Kareem as the all-time leading scorer, not to mention he could finish in the top 5 for assist leaders as well. Extremely impressive. However, LeBron's been on the wrong side of history with some of his numbers as well. Just in Game 1 of the NBA Finals this year, he became just the 6th player in Finals history to score at least 50 points. The difference with LeBron, he's the only one to have scored 50+ in a Finals game and still lost. In addition, LeBron has been to 8 straight NBA Finals between Miami and Cleveland. Again, extremely impressive. His record (granted if they lose this year as well): 3-5 (and 3-6 overall for his career). Jordan in the Finals: 6-0.

No contest huh? :lol: Have you ever watched Lebron play basketball? Without mentioning championships, I would love to hear every advantage you feel Jordan has over Lebron on a basketball court. All everyone wants to focus on is the drymounting rings. If we are talking about who is a better basketball player, it isn't mike dude.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby Kramerica on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Jordan was a better shooter, better handler, better defender. Plus he had much more of a will to win and much less of an ego. He also didn't have the advantage of being 6'8", 280 and not having to dribble when he drove to the basket. There is a lot to be said about the differences in the league as well. LBJ cries about everything in this day and age. Can you imagine him playing back in the day? He would spend more time whining about contact then actually playing ball. He's undoubtedly an all time talent but he will always be in Mike's shadow in terms of being the goat.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby letstalkprints on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Anyone else getting sick of the MJ/LJ comparisons? Let's compare!
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Eh, comparisons are inevitable, especially since it's the same convo people used to have about Jordan and Kobe.

I won't jump into it because those cross-era comparisons are just too subjective in my estimation, but I will say that I think Jordan's career is certainly the more enviable of the two. But it's hard to ever top being in a movie with Bugs Bunny and Bill Murray, so...
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Irishman12 - knee jerk reaction would be, no way Steph is the same as Barkley once talked about they would have roughed him up. But the Thomas/Laimbeer Pistons did that to a young Jordan and he went back, worked out came back and look what happened. The way Steph shots I think he would have been just as successful.

Yes tired of Lebron/Jordan. Jordan was better hands down. One of the main reasons, Lebron is too often lazy on defense.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Sports