NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:04 pm

I mean, you're not really the GOAT unless you dominated basketball in an era when you would've been saddled with overt racism, several STDs from the hooker you slept with the night before, a pack of marlboros, and sneakers you found in a back alley dumpster.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Devours on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 am

Very happy for the Warriors. It has been a ride living in the Bay Area for the past decade experiencing drafts and development. Not only with Golden State but the SF Giants. Talented athletes all round and now the question is does James stay (hopefully not).
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 am

#dynasty
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:28 am

Lebron punched a blackboard after game 1 and may have broken his hand? Ooooooof.

#BeLikeMike
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Kramerica on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am

Shoulda punched JR. Probably would have been easier on the hand and the blackboard didn't fudge down their leg in clutch time.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby chevyav53 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:45 am

Even as a fan I struggle to say dynasty. Feel as if there has to be a solid rival for that. Though LeBron is a great antagonist the supporting cast has been lackluster. I want to see LeBron on a very strong team and the Warriors beat that team next year in the finals.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:46 am

KD has stated he's coming back to the Warriors. They'll have this group for at least one more season and then Klay will be a free agent. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Also, this offseason should be interesting too. LeBron, Kawhi, Chris Paul and Paul George possibly on the move? The landscape of the league will definitely look different heading into next year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby mtarail on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:19 pm

I'd love to see Bron Bron in Phillie. Him, Simmons and Embiid? That'd be sick.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Everyone knows he's going west if he goes anywhere.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby toobs on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Go warriors, wish Cavs would have at least tried last night, after last nights quitting of LeBron I hope it ends the whole argument of MJ vs LeBron, could you imagine MJ in his prime just quit in a finals game ...
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby PrintNoob87 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:43 am

toobs wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Jordan was a better shooter, better handler, better defender.

Stop romanticizing the game of 20-30 years ago and actually go watch some of those games. They’re filled with players on good teams that wouldn’t have a prayer of making a roster if they existed in 2018.

u are on crack, the game was way more physical back in the late 80s & 90s, could you imagine LeBron Blames crying for fouls after getting his lunch money took by muggsy bogues, or you know that forearm shiver he's always doing pushing defenders off him when he goes to the basket, you think that sht! would fly against charles oakley or bill lambeer, he'd get his arm broke lol.
pre 80s b-ball is romanticizing, late 80s-90s is what made the players of today so your argument is null and void

I"m not sure saying the game was more physical does anything to make your point. It also allowed guys to grab and hold without having to move their feet on defense, hence conserving all sorts of energy that guys today have to use chasing dudes through a million screens and trying to stay in front of people without benefit of just grabbing onto them as they go by. Hence the comment that 80s-90s statues only in the game to bang around down low and hang on people don't have a place in today's game where you need quickness and lateral movement to actually guard guys.

It works both ways too - people always talk about how unstoppable Jordan would be without hand checking, which is true but was also mitigated by the fact that offensive players were also allowed to used their hands to free themselves. For example, the Bryon Russell push-off is called 100% of the time in today's game regardless of who is the one pushing off.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Uh-o, looks like Kawhi wants out of San Antonio and hopes to land with the Lakers. The first domino could be falling. I wonder how if the Lakers are able to trade for him, if that'll have any impact on LeBron signing with them?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23803570/kawhi-leonard-wants-san-antonio-spurs
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Uh-o, looks like Kawhi wants out of San Antonio and hopes to land with the Lakers. The first domino could be falling. I wonder how if the Lakers are able to trade for him, if that'll have any impact on LeBron signing with them?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23803570/kawhi-leonard-wants-san-antonio-spurs

ESPN's run a couple scenarios, which - as much as I hate the Lakers - are fine by me if they assemble a Leonard/George/LeBron superteam as it would likely mean trading away Lonzo Ball. LaVar may literally explode.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm honestly glad to be free of the LaVar talk these past few months. My sanity has returned. I wonder what the rest of the squad would look like in that scenario as you know the Lakers would have to part with Ball/Kuzma/Ingram in some fashion.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Yeah, from all the chatter the Spurs don't seem keen on Lonzo, but he's been floated in the ESPN trade scenarios not because of the LaVar factor but the simple issue of him having a larger cap than Ingram, so economically it's better for the Lakers to use him as the main chip in a Kawhi sign-and-trade.

Crazy to think that while they may be solid challengers, dunno if Leonard/George/LeBron would have enough firepower or depth to challenge the Warriors next season. Feels like everybody's biding their time for after the upcoming season, when the financial reckoning should finally catch up to Golden State.

More fun to see some of the options floated involving either Philly (Fultz, Covington, this year's pick) or Boston (either Brown or Kyrie/Hayward plus picks, though the Spurs fans who think they can get both Brown and Tatum from the C's for Leonard are delusional). Definitely some worthwhile challengers to the Warriors there as well, even if they'll likely fall short.
jkw3000
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Sports