NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Irishman12 - knee jerk reaction would be, no way Steph is the same as Barkley once talked about they would have roughed him up. But the Thomas/Laimbeer Pistons did that to a young Jordan and he went back, worked out came back and look what happened. The way Steph shoots I think he would have been just as successful.

Yes tired of Lebron/Jordan. Jordan was better hands down. One of the main reasons, Lebron is too often lazy on defense.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Yes tired of Lebron/Jordan. Jordan was better hands down. One of the main reasons, Lebron is too often lazy on defense.


Exactly! The number of times just this postseason LeBron has languished in the back court, leaving his other 4 teammates to defend 5 guys is embarrassing and disrespectful. I like LeBron and he is definitely one of the best of all-time, but that's not how you lead a team.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Yes tired of Lebron/Jordan. Jordan was better hands down. One of the main reasons, Lebron is too often lazy on defense.


Exactly! The number of times just this postseason LeBron has languished in the back court, leaving his other 4 teammates to defend 5 guys is embarrassing and disrespectful. I like LeBron and he is definitely one of the best of all-time, but that's not how you lead a team.


Been that way for years, just google Lebron lazy defense and you will see year after year articles on the subject. This if not for any reason should be why he cannot be compared to Jordan. His flopping is another big reason but lazy play, the giving up is why I'm not a Lebron fan. Respect his abilities and accomplishments but not Jordan.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby PrintNoob87 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Kramerica wrote:Jordan was a better shooter, better handler, better defender.

Shooter - was he a better mid range jump shooter? For sure, but who cares. Fact is Jordan shot 49.7% from the field and 32.7%(!!!) from three for his career. Lebron is 50.4% from the field and 34.4% from three. When it comes to putting the ball in the basket lebron is better from the field and better from three.

Better handler? Lol lebron has essentially played point guard for every team he’s ever been on.

Better defender? Jordan definitely a better defender and Jordan also definitely playing against way less caliber of athlete night in and night out than the ones filling rosters today.

People always like to romanticize and wax nostalgic on the past in all aspects of life and sports are no different but it’s also a scientific fact that humans get bigger, stronger and faster with time. And you’re watching the very best in the world. No team moved as much or passed as well as this golden state team does. You literally can’t relax at any point on defense and the amount of energy exerted trying to defend them is ridiculous. Stop romanticizing the game of 20-30 years ago and actually go watch some of those games. They’re filled with players on good teams that wouldn’t have a prayer of making a roster if they existed in 2018. Guys just stand around and hang on each other on the block.
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8839
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Postby Kramerica on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm

This article does a good job of comparing stats, particularly in the finals. Nostalgia aside, Jordan was a better player on the biggest stage and the numbers back up that assertion.

https://thegruelingtruth.net/basketball/17-reasons-michael-jordan-greater-lebron-james/
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12898
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Kramerica wrote:This article does a good job of comparing stats, particularly in the finals. Nostalgia aside, Jordan was a better player on the biggest stage and the numbers back up that assertion.

https://thegruelingtruth.net/basketball/17-reasons-michael-jordan-greater-lebron-james/


Great article Kramerica. Thanks for sharing.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby PrintNoob87 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:14 pm

I’m sorry dude, but I genuinely stopped reading as soon as that guy said he hasn’t approached Kobe yet. Lol, just no.
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8839
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Postby Kramerica on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:20 pm

That's cool. While I agree that his opinion about Lebron/Kobe is insane, the stats comparisons aren't his conjecture.
Last edited by Kramerica on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12898
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Jordan was a better shooter, better handler, better defender.

Shooter - was he a better mid range jump shooter? For sure, but who cares. Fact is Jordan shot 49.7% from the field and 32.7%(!!!) from three for his career. Lebron is 50.4% from the field and 34.4% from three. When it comes to putting the ball in the basket lebron is better from the field and better from three.

Better handler? Lol lebron has essentially played point guard for every team he’s ever been on.

Better defender? Jordan definitely a better defender and Jordan also definitely playing against way less caliber of athlete night in and night out than the ones filling rosters today.

People always like to romanticize and wax nostalgic on the past in all aspects of life and sports are no different but it’s also a scientific fact that humans get bigger, stronger and faster with time. And you’re watching the very best in the world. No team moved as much or passed as well as this golden state team does. You literally can’t relax at any point on defense and the amount of energy exerted trying to defend them is ridiculous. Stop romanticizing the game of 20-30 years ago and actually go watch some of those games. They’re filled with players on good teams that wouldn’t have a prayer of making a roster if they existed in 2018. Guys just stand around and hang on each other on the block.
Attachments
jordan.jpg
jordan.jpg (18.71 KiB) Viewed 191 times
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Image


Since that’s all that matters right?
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17758
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby Kramerica on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:31 pm

I thought we were talking about Lebron/Jordan comparisons? What does Bill Russell have to do with that?

PS: Nice watermark.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12898
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Kramerica wrote:I thought we were talking about Lebron/Jordan comparisons? What does Bill Russell have to do with that?

PS: Nice watermark.


What do you expect from an EBer... Can't stay on topic. If greatest of all time.. you have to start talking about Kareem, Wilt, Duncan, Malone etc...
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby toobs on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:40 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Jordan was a better shooter, better handler, better defender.

Stop romanticizing the game of 20-30 years ago and actually go watch some of those games. They’re filled with players on good teams that wouldn’t have a prayer of making a roster if they existed in 2018.

u are on crack, the game was way more physical back in the late 80s & 90s, could you imagine LeBron Blames crying for fouls after getting his lunch money took by muggsy bogues, or you know that forearm shiver he's always doing pushing defenders off him when he goes to the basket, you think that sht! would fly against charles oakley or bill lambeer, he'd get his arm broke lol.
pre 80s b-ball is romanticizing, late 80s-90s is what made the players of today so your argument is null and void
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8330
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:43 pm

toobs wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Jordan was a better shooter, better handler, better defender.

Stop romanticizing the game of 20-30 years ago and actually go watch some of those games. They’re filled with players on good teams that wouldn’t have a prayer of making a roster if they existed in 2018.

u are on crack, the game was way more physical back in the late 80s & 90s, could you imagine LeBron Blames crying for fouls after getting his lunch money took by muggsy bogues, or you know that forearm shiver he's always doing pushing defenders off him when he goes to the basket, you think that sht! would fly against charles oakley or bill lambeer, he'd get his arm broke lol


ahh damn he brought up Muggsy :clap:

Image
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby toobs on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm

if that was lebron he'd be like
Image
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8330
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

PreviousNext

Return to Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests