NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm

I love that most hoops fans don't give any credence to Durant's title and he doesn't know how to deal with it. Can't stand the Warriors. So smug and annoying...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby afrosteeziac on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Forget that bum, Thunder UP! If this new squad can really start to gel I think OKC has some real potential. Russ did defer quite a bit last night but when he wanted to score he did, and I think that will be for the best. Now he doesnt have to try so hard to get 35+ points for a win because scoring is coming from other positions. It was just the first game and it was just the Kincks, but having PG13 and Melo available for 3s will be a huge benefit I think. That starting 5 is loooong, PG and Roberson could be the best Def wing tandem this year.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 pm

They did look good and Melo will really benefit from being the third scoring option (a lot of catch and shoots) and not to rain on anybody's parade, but everyone's playing for second. I don't think OKC is as deep as Golden State is and I give the edge in a 7 game series to the Warriors.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby afrosteeziac on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Very true, it would take an injury for them not to be favored for the next couple years in all honesty. But, there's always some small chance, I would have never thought a GS would lose a 3-1 lead to CLE but that happened. I know we may never see it due to travel logistics and probably money, but a straight top 16 playoff would be pretty awesome, no east or west, just top 16 teams.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:10 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:But, there's always some small chance, I would have never thought a GS would lose a 3-1 lead to CLE but that happened.

Very true as well. I'm curious to see if OKC makes a deep playoff run and can give Golden State a run for their money, if Paul George and Carmelo stay? Paul's a free agent after this season and everyone seems to think he's going to the Lakers but I wonder if he could reconsider. Melo still has another 1 after this season I believe.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby mtarail on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm liking Houston over OKC as the team most likely to give GS a run for its money this year. (Although like folks say, if GS stays healthy then no one has a great shot to dethrone 'em).

I'm curious to know what Denver wants for Faried. He may be a flawed player, but it seems like some teams, (including OKC or Houston), could use a guy like that.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Dubs acting like a bunch of bitches three games into the season.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 am

all Im seeing is highlights, did the mouthpiece hit the ref? Either way I agree, the whole starting 5 bitch quite a bit. Especially Green. They are really trying hard to be the villains this year.

Side note, that thunder jazz gave was hard to watch, yeeeesh :hanging:
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Gotdamn, that was a fun game. Can't be mad with the L, Wolves are going to be fun this season and looks like OKC's chemistry is sloowly coming along. Still early but Im already happy hoops is back
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 pm

afrosteeziac wrote: Still early but Im already happy hoops is back

Indeed. Folks in Houston are all ASTROOOS and I'm like THE PISTONS HAVE A BETTER RECORD THAN THE WARRIORS!!#$%$
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am

Haha, yup. Def think once all the teams find their groove the 2-5 battle in the west and even the eat are going to be pretty good. And honestly 2-5 in the west might not be too far behind GS :pint:
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:44 am

Just read about the Jordan Bell thing. Rick Carlisle should be more concerned that his team sucks than some other non-important, trivial thing. Don't want to be embarrassed? Stop being embarrassing!

Shame on Kerr for even attempting to apologize. Own that fudge, "HOW BOUT THAT JAM, RICKY BABY?!?! THE BANK IS OPEN!" :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby afrosteeziac on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 am

How bout that jam? It had me grinning, plus I'm routing for the former Duck to do well in the league, he lucked out and got on the right team learn. But yeah, it's simple really, don't want to be embarrassed, stop sucking.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby HungryFace on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:51 am

Patterson should start over Melo - but we all know that won't happen.

Roberson should get more minutes - drymount cares if he can't shoot, he's 10 fold the defender Grant/Huestis will ever be, and those cats can't shoot anyway. Watching Jimmy go nuts on these scrubs was not fun.

Anyway, I came to post this - the Thunder plane landed (safely) in Chicago, and it arrived with a wee bit of damage:

HungryFace
Art Enthusiast

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Great year so far and the regular season normally doesn't even begin until around now.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Sports