NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby canuck on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:45 am

Losing to the Bulls then beating Celtics. WTF Jazz.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby afrosteeziac on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 am

HungryFace wrote:Roberson with the game winner - lol! Played great defence as well.

The ONLY reason such a bad shooter is in there at important moments. His defense is nuts, but it's like playing Russian roulette. Lucky they weren't down by many because they could have easily gone into Hack-A-Roberson

HungryFace wrote:This should have been over in regulation

THIS. Sheesh, at the end of the day glad we are finally .500 but these are some frustrating wins. Will be tough tonight but finishing this road trip with one more W would be great.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby mtarail on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 pm

I only saw the highlights of OKC-Philly, but it looked like a great game. It's really nice to see Philly coming up. If Embiid can stay healthy and they can keep Simmons and a few more of those guys around, they're going to be serious contenders in the next few years.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby HungryFace on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:12 pm

What a shitting drymounting day.

Roberson done for the season, and possibly career. The Thunder medical staff can blow me. Incompetent clowns. The Thunder are cooked now - after they were getting on a roll no less. Gutted.

Boogie out yesterday. I feel for AD more than anything.

Kawhi's season in limbo.

Man, this sucks.
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby RambosRemodeler on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Season sweep of the drymounting spurs feels pretty good. For the first time in a long time, it feels good to be a sixers fan.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Season sweep of the drymounting spurs feels pretty good.

I agree with this statement. Drymount the Spurs!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby HungryFace on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Thunder v. Sixers was great fun last night.

Meanwhile, Blake has just been traded to the Pistons! This came out of nowhere!

Clippers are doing the right thing - the team needed blowing up - but it's still mad...
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Wait... wtf!

I'm at work, haven't even heard about it.

Be back...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby HungryFace on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:56 pm

Just dropped.

Hit up Woj on twitter: https://twitter.com/wojespn

Clippers looking to move Lou Will and DAJ as well - but that's nothing new. Moving Blake is a shocker, tho - but I guess they're all in on the rebuild.
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby PrintNoob87 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:02 pm

With the comedy and acting and what not, I can't imagine he's too thrilled about going from LA to Detroit. Especially in the first year of his new deal. Saying the right things right now, though.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby dodgers77 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:07 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:With the comedy and acting and what not, I can't imagine he's too thrilled about going from LA to Detroit. Especially in the first year of his new deal.

Truth be told, Los Angeles will always be a Laker town. Good luck in Detroit Blake :P
dodgers77
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Wait... wtf!

Be back...

You'd better - I need analysis STAT.

No idea how a Blake/Drummond frontcourt's gonna work in the pace-and-space era. Suppose it's just a variation of the Blake/DeAndre combo but still...
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

jkw3000 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Wait... wtf!

Be back...

You'd better - I need analysis STAT.

No idea how a Blake/Drummond frontcourt's gonna work in the pace-and-space era. Suppose it's just a variation of the Blake/DeAndre combo but still...

Man, I don't even know what to think yet. I guess I'm happy things got shaken up. We've been in a nosedive since Reggie went out and it's been tough to watch.

I've never been a Blake Griffin fan. I wasn't a fan of the NBA forcing him down our throats as a rookie and I thought his gimmicky appearance in the dunk contest was lame. I've always considered him a fake tough guy, but there's no denying that he's got skills. I've been impressed with his performances in the games I've watched (mostly against the Pistons) over the last couple years. He seems to always be adding to his game.

Harris is a legit player and a genuinely good guy/teammate. I'm a fan. He competes every night, though it could be said that he lacks a chip on his shoulder. He's pretty consistent, but I think he's best as a third or fourth option. In our Pistons Fantasy League, he was routinely picked 2nd (after Drummond) almost every game this season (there's 4 of us in the league, each game we each pick 2 Pistons players in a rotating order).

I think Bradley's been a good locker room presence since arriving in Detroit. I think he's partially responsible for guys buying in on D, and like Harris he's a positive teammate to have by your side. But he's been a liability on the court, especially on the offensive side. When he shoots I feel like there's no way it's ever going in. A lot of the fan base is happy to see him go. (A lot of the fan base are idiots though who want SVG gone. I still like SVG.)

He's pricey (especially in the later years of the contract) and he's injury-prone. I'm interested to see how he pairs with Drummond. I'm interested to see Reggie and Blake in the P&R when Reggie returns. Also Dre and Blake in the P&R. This isn't the move that's going to get us to the promised land, but it does shake things up at a time when the Pistons still have a shot at the playoffs and a possible run if they can make it gel. We've really slipped in the standings, but our upcoming schedule is pretty light. I doubt Blake is happy about this at all, but I'm hoping he takes it personal, buys in, and comes out focused. Like all new Pistons, I'll give him a fair shot and hope for the best.

It's my brother's birthday today and his wife and my folks were all at the game tonight. He got the tickets as a gift to check out the new stadium and see Lebron. We laughed when the trade went through and knew that Blake wouldn't be ready for the game and Harris/Bradley would be out. Glad they got to watch an entertaining game and see the Pistons pull out the win.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby canuck on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 am

Go Jazz go!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:15 pm

canuck wrote:Go Jazz go!

Why was the court and Jazz uniforms last night doing their best Phoenix Suns impersonation?
Irishman12
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports