NHL 2017-2018 Season

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby guryter on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:42 pm

So JT to toronto.......I'm salty for sure. I see the reasoning behind it, but he handled the situation poorly. Words have impact, and he talked the talk of wanting to stay an islander, not be traded, etc. His heart was always in toronto, they courted him, the off season gives a chance to see things from the outside, and he went with that gut calling. Isles could have made it harder for him to leave by firming up goaltending, among other things. It was always between isles/toronto. Too little too late with lou and trotz.

I haven't had this much ire for toronto since 2002 (what a series), and it's going to boil over on 2/28. My son and I wore our jt gear friday-sunday waiting for the re-signing. No news Saturday showed it was not good for the isles. Read he called toronto saturday night to say he was going there. Official word sunday afternoon. Listened to the phone interview with my local guys, you heard the emotion in his voice.

Still:

guryter
Art Expert

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.

john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.

Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:08 pm

The longre it drug on I was convinced he was going to SJ. Surprised he signed with the Leafs because after he turned them down a few years ago I figured he just didn't want to play in a pressure environment. Well, let's see how this plays out, lol.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby pj101ca on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Yeah, if I was an Islanders fan, I'd be pissed. I find it hard to believe he made the decision to leave just in the last 48 hours or so. Interesting salary structure with the 77 million. 15 mil in signing bonus this year and then he makes the league minimum for the season. surprised the league allows that.

Nice dig by Lou L. in his goodbye to JT saying he'd "achieved some great individual success" with the Isles.

also, drymount toronto
pj101ca
Art Expert

mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.

Postby soam24 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Sabres got a boatload in return for ROR.
soam24
Art Freak

Previous

Return to Sports