Against the Spread

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby alteridiom on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 am

I remember there used to be a gambling thread but guess it disappeared. Let's get it back going.

Had a good first week. Went 6-2. Alabama getting it done. Never bet against them opening weekend.

Only in on 2 so far for this week. I'm taking Oklahoma 7+ and MTSU/Syracuse under 75.

What you got?
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby jjttdw on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:46 pm

I kind of like the OK money line....+230
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby iwokeinrelief on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm kind of liking the Over (48) on the Washington/Philadelphia game. Last year they totaled 47 and 49 in their two games, and I feel that both teams improved their offences more than their defenses. That said, I'm not super crazy about betting week 1, since so much is speculation as to how the new line-ups will actually perform.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby alteridiom on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:42 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:I'm kind of liking the Over (48) on the Washington/Philadelphia game. Last year they totaled 47 and 49 in their two games, and I feel that both teams improved their offences more than their defenses. That said, I'm not super crazy about betting week 1, since so much is speculation as to how the new line-ups will actually perform.

Week 1 I usually roll with Live Betting on Bovada. Get a sense of the teams and then roll with a number I like as the line moves.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby alteridiom on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 am

Went 3-0 yesterday. Picked up Georgia +10 in the third quarter. Will probably be rolling on some games today once they hit the field.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby iwokeinrelief on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 am

alteridiom wrote:Went 3-0 yesterday. Picked up Georgia +10 in the third quarter. Will probably be rolling on some games today once they hit the field.

Yeah, I had Georgia at +4 for the game. Had a nice day, went 6-1, which is slightly better than I typically do (which is why I tend to not gamble much, usually just for the first half of the College season).
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby iwokeinrelief on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Picked up the under (31) on the Green Bay game late in the 2nd when it was still 0-0. GB being down at the 24 with 2:00 left where a touchdown would push to the over was momentarily stressful.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby alteridiom on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:Picked up the under (31) on the Green Bay game late in the 2nd when it was still 0-0. GB being down at the 24 with 2:00 left where a touchdown would push to the over was momentarily stressful.

Nice. I was too nervous to touch that game. You never know when Rogers is gonna go off. I thought they might hang a few touchdowns on them. I was able to get under 43 on the Carolina game. Not 5 minutes after placing the bet the line moved to under 33. Was happy with that play.

Just playing around took a prop bet for "What will be the outcome of the next play?" Went with incomplete pass and made a quick $20. I generally stay away from prop bets though.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby iwokeinrelief on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:52 am

alteridiom wrote:Just playing around took a prop bet for "What will be the outcome of the next play?" Went with incomplete pass and made a quick $20. I generally stay away from prop bets though.

Yeah, I'll take a look at them every now and again, most of them just feel like throwing money away to me.

Should have bet the Cowboys last night, but I try to not bet on teams I like, as I recognize my bias can screw me pretty hard there.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby alteridiom on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Took UCLA -3 against Memphis this weekend. Seems like easy money with the way Rosen is playing.

Will probably play on the Bengals/Texans game tonight once they hit the field. No idea what to expect from these teams.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby iwokeinrelief on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Yeah, they looked awful last week - probably a good idea to pick it up live, but the Under is tempting just based on how poorly they both played on offense. But they could go off on each other I suppose. It's tough to predict two bad teams.

I picked up that UCLA line a couple days ago. It does feel like easy money - that makes me distrust it, but not enough to avoid it.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby alteridiom on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:23 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:It does feel like easy money - that makes me distrust it, but not enough to avoid it.

Same. I think UCLA wins by at least 10 so playing them is the smart move if you want to play this game. I wouldn't touch the over/under. Could see this being a 40+ to 30+ game.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby iwokeinrelief on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am

lol. Betting on incompetence was a winning strategy.

I liked that at some point in the first quarter Collinsworth stated "if these quarterbacks are going to keep standing in the pocket on 3 and 5, 3 and 6, ... take the Under". Made me laugh.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby alteridiom on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:23 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:lol. Betting on incompetence was a winning strategy.

I liked that at some point in the first quarter Collinsworth stated "if these quarterbacks are going to keep standing in the pocket on 3 and 5, 3 and 6, ... take the Under". Made me laugh.

I couldn't even bring myself to play. It was just terrible. Fell asleep at the half. I save my money for the weekend.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Small town pizza lawyer

Postby pewter14 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:55 pm

I hope y'all are actually watching this Memphis UCLA game ... crazy.
pewter14
EB Team

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.

Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

Next

Return to Sports