MLB 2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby cotis on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:03 pm

go Yanks
cotis
Art Expert

Postby phishstix101 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:27 pm

cotis wrote:go Yanks

Looking forward to watching that young team! Still need starting pitching though.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:40 pm

I've got no doubts that Tanaka will have a Cy Young year and opt out wanting a big money deal. throw a nice little wrench in the rebuild plan.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby jmagee87 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 pm

41 days until pitchers and catchers report!
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby dasponyboy on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:18 pm

The words World Series Champion Chicago Cubs needs to be on the first page :pint:
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby jpicken on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Let's go Tribe! Adding EE to the mix was an excellent move. If they have a healthy Brantley, Carrasco and Salazar, I like their chances. :clap:
jpicken
Art Connoisseur

ImageImage

Postby FlapJack on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:11 pm

jpicken wrote:Let's go Tribe!
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby poopsicle on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:22 pm

It's amazing watching my Oriole's window of opportunity close while the Yankees have developed the hell out of their prospects. This is going to be a scary team for the next few years. Add in the Red Sox offseason and it's a discouraging outlook for us in the East.
poopsicle
Art Expert

You can't spread peanut butter on a porpoise.

Postby jjttdw on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 pm

FlapJack wrote:
jpicken wrote:Let's go Tribe!

Now that the Cubs have theirs I'd like to see the Tribe bring some more joy to Cleveland.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby cotis on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:29 am

poopsicle wrote:

It's amazing watching my Oriole's window of opportunity close while the Yankees have developed the hell out of their prospects. This is going to be a scary team for the next few years. Add in the Red Sox offseason and it's a discouraging outlook for us in the East.

honestly 2-3 years ago when Orioles started mashing, Blue Jays turned a corner, and the Yanks got old... I thought it was going to be a rough patch for 5-7 years as a Yankees fan. the way Cashman has turned an old aging roster into the best farm system in baseball with upcoming financial flexibility, i'm hopeful and anxious for the future.

firm believer in them trying to get under luxury tax, spend $$$$ in 2019 and pair that with the farm hands moving forward and be (hopefully) set for years to come.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby TheBeard on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:08 pm

It's easy for Yankees. Sign every big name, get a couple years and then trade them for prospects.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby poopsicle on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:21 pm

cotis wrote:
poopsicle wrote:

honestly 2-3 years ago when Orioles started mashing, Blue Jays turned a corner, and the Yanks got old... I thought it was going to be a rough patch for 5-7 years as a Yankees fan. the way Cashman has turned an old aging roster into the best farm system in baseball with upcoming financial flexibility, i'm hopeful and anxious for the future.

firm believer in them trying to get under luxury tax, spend $$$$ in 2019 and pair that with the farm hands moving forward and be (hopefully) set for years to come.

I think the biggest concern is moving forward a few years and seeing Machado and Harper in Yankees uniforms. Breaks my heart Manny :(
poopsicle
Art Expert

You can't spread peanut butter on a porpoise.

Postby cotis on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

poopsicle wrote:
cotis wrote:
poopsicle wrote:

I think the biggest concern is moving forward a few years and seeing Machado and Harper in Yankees uniforms. Breaks my heart Manny :(

as a Yankee fan, I am sorry now. Bryce and Frazier have started a nice little bromance talking about their hair and beards. I see no way that Bryce isn't in pinstripes.

Machado... if Gleybar and Mateo develop as they project, might be tough. you'd have Gleybar, Didi, Mateo, and Machado. though I could realistically see Didi shift to 2B, Gleybar at SS, Mateo in CF with his speed, and Machado at 3B. crazy to think about that.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby phishstix101 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 pm

poopsicle wrote:
cotis wrote:
poopsicle wrote:

Hopefully Machado! But I don't think Baltimore is going to let him go. I would be like letting Cal go.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Postby o4phish20o on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Got my spring training tickets today! March in FL cant come soon enough.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Next

Return to Sports