MLB 2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby pewter14 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm

User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14923
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.


Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Well, the Yankees draw first blood by trading for Todd Frazier, Tommy Kahnle and David Robertson. The Yanks got rid of Tyler Clippard, Blake Rutherford, Ian Clarkin and Tito Polo. I've heard Rutherford's name before in the past and hear in a few years they may miss both him and Clarkin. But Kahnle and Robertson should solidify the bullpen along with Betances and Chapman. Frazier is purely a rental and will walk after this year. Hopefully he can provide some pop before he goes. The Yankees still need to address their biggest need which is starting pitching. But I do like this move as they kept their major pieces and only Frazier is a free agent after this year.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20099245/new-york-yankees-acquire-todd-frazier-chicago-white-sox
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby jjttdw on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Hopefully all the prospects the White Sox traded for with the Red Sox, Yankees and Cubs will turn them into present day Houston in about 4 years.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4249
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:38 pm

They've got a stockpile now. I heard they now have 8 of the top 100 prospects in baseball.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby jlabbate on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:34 pm

love the trades the Bronx Bombers have made the last few weeks, capping it off with the Sonny gray trade today..the offense can bang with anyone, and with that loaded bullpen..SP's need to go 5-6 innings to and keep it close :clap:
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby cotis on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:20 pm

Dodgers looking absolutely stupid right now.

added great bullpen pieces and Darvish.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3115
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 pm

jlabbate wrote:love the trades the Bronx Bombers have made the last few weeks, capping it off with the Sonny gray trade today..the offense can bang with anyone, and with that loaded bullpen..SP's need to go 5-6 innings to and keep it close :clap:


ABSOLUTELY! :clap: And, Gray isn't a rental and will be here for another 2 seasons. Love the moves as well. They're a half game over Boston right now in the division. I think the AL just became a 2 horse race between the Yankees and Astros. :pint:
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby jlabbate on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:34 pm

cotis wrote:Dodgers looking absolutely stupid right now.

added great bullpen pieces and Darvish.


agreed best team in baseball just got a lot better!
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby FlapJack on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
jlabbate wrote:love the trades the Bronx Bombers have made the last few weeks, capping it off with the Sonny gray trade today..the offense can bang with anyone, and with that loaded bullpen..SP's need to go 5-6 innings to and keep it close :clap:


ABSOLUTELY! :clap: And, Gray isn't a rental and will be here for another 2 seasons. Love the moves as well. They're a half game over Boston right now in the division. I think the AL just became a 2 horse race between the Yankees and Astros. :pint:

I like Cleveland being counted out, they don't take well to being the favorite.
User avatar
FlapJack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4787
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Location: Cleveland

Postby fredo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:27 pm

jlabbate wrote:
cotis wrote:Dodgers looking absolutely stupid right now.

added great bullpen pieces and Darvish.


agreed best team in baseball just got a lot better!


They are insane. Sucks for the rest of the division- can you imagine being 14 games above .500 and STILL being 14 games out of first?
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23177
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby pewter14 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 pm

pewter14 wrote:JBJ robs Aaron Judge ---> https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status ... 4767343621


Austin Jackson gets the best of HanRam with some shades of Torii Hunter ---> https://twitter.com/MLBNetwork/status/8 ... 2025907204
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14923
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.


Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

Postby dodgers77 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

fredo wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
cotis wrote:Dodgers looking absolutely stupid right now.

added great bullpen pieces and Darvish.


agreed best team in baseball just got a lot better!


They are insane. Sucks for the rest of the division- can you imagine being 14 games above .500 and STILL being 14 games out of first?


They are on pace to win 110 + games ! Hopefully with the added additions they will continue the hot streak until Kershaw is healthy for playoffs. That being said Dodgers are due a losing streak, so far it is too good to be true an epic season :neutral:
User avatar
dodgers77
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Westside

Postby cotis on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 am

2001 Mariners called, they said please win more than 116.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3115
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:43 pm

pewter14 wrote:
pewter14 wrote:JBJ robs Aaron Judge ---> https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status ... 4767343621


Austin Jackson gets the best of HanRam with some shades of Torii Hunter ---> https://twitter.com/MLBNetwork/status/8 ... 2025907204


Loved it! Definitely a better catch than Jackie Bradley Jr.'s
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby turnJBup on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Dodgers have the best record in baseball through 106 games since 1944.
Pretty incredible to watch...

Oh and....
If you catch a ball and carry it over the fence with you it should be a home run.
( or a foul ball depending on where it goes out )
turnJBup
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8512
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:00 am
Location: California

PreviousNext

Return to Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests