MLB 2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jmagee87 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:28 am

Definitely think it'll end up being a Dodgers v. Astros WS. There's just no break in the Astros lineup. Honestly I'm glad NYY won over Cleveland. I think they're an easier matchup for the Astros
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby canuck on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Cubs had to be more nervous than DC with that lead. No one left in the bullpen, blue was calling it tight and pitcher was way out his norm. But DC did have a bunch of stupid errors late. Got thrown out on 1st by the catcher with a runner on 2nd? Really?!?
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby jjttdw on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 pm

treweman wrote:I have to (hate to) agree about Maddon managing pitchers. Came close to blowing it last year, and was horrified at the decisions made last night. But still a Cubs fan ...

Being a Cubs fan is the exact reason I want to see the Nats win after Dusty is fired. Not only did he ruin the Cubs' chances at winning a decade before but he ruined the careers of Pryor and Wood. For whatever shortcomings Maddon has, he managed the Cubs to a World Series win.

Dusty didn't even visit the mound with a rookie Pryor pitching after the Bartman fiasco.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby treweman on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 am

Once again, what were the Cubs (Maddon) thinking? Lackey is a turd of a human being, and he has pitched like poo for several weeks now. Give him a mop and send him out to clean up the mess when they are hopelessly behind. Where were the true bullpen arms? The Dodgers are just too damn good to make these kinds of mistakes.
treweman
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:35 am

treweman wrote:Once again, what were the Cubs (Maddon) thinking? Lackey is a turd of a human being, and he has pitched like poo for several weeks now. Give him a mop and send him out to clean up the mess when they are hopelessly behind. Where were the true bullpen arms? The Dodgers are just too damn good to make these kinds of mistakes.

I agree. I have a feeling this is not going to be a repeat year. Hopefully Theo can add a few good arms in the off season.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby cotis on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 am

Girardi gets fudge for his bullpen usage (which I think is completely unwarranted, dude does a great job). yesterday was the equivalent of Girardi bringing in Jaime Garcia to hold a 1-1 lead. :lol:

honestly couldn't believe he brought him in. why not lose with your best on the mound? no reason to save him when there might not even be a next inning.

:roll:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:16 pm

cotis wrote:why not lose with your best on the mound?

Grady Little once acted on that philosophy.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby turnJBup on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 pm

I can't believe anyone would let Dusty Baker manage a Major League team.
It is mind blowing how he is able to pop up on teams with so much talent.

The Cubs are outmatched this year.
This is the deepest team I have ever seen in LA.
Culberson steps in for Seager and is a major contributor... the kids on the farm are bad ass.
It's been like that every position all year long.
Big hit by JT...
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Baker almost singlehandedly lost the '02 WS. There must be a shortage of people willing/able to do what is essentially a CEO's job anymore at that level.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby lightyears2010 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:33 pm

the series is far from over, but if the cubs pen continues to pitch like dog fudge and bryant and rizzo continue to do nothing they have no chance. having said that we’re playing with house money for the rest of my life. all i wanted was one championship and we got it. i’m not greedy.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Postby FlapJack on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:06 am

The 'Stros better get one in NY, or the Yanks are going to do them like they did the Wahoos. Preferably this next one, or the momentum train probably won't slow down.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

FlapJack wrote:The 'Stros better get one in NY, or the Yanks are going to do them like they did the Wahoos. Preferably this next one, or the momentum train probably won't slow down.

A great win last night! Awesome to see the bats swinging well (especially Judge). But we're not out of it yet. We've gotta win tonight, knot this sucker up at 2 and then it's a best of 3.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby FlapJack on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:29 pm

FlapJack wrote:The 'Stros better get one in NY, or the Yanks are going to do them like they did the Wahoos. Preferably this next one, or the momentum train probably won't slow down.

Oof.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:55 pm

1 win away from the World Series! :clap: :pint:
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby dodgers77 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:50 am

Irishman12 wrote:1 win away from the World Series! :clap: :pint:

Hopefully Kershaw seals the deal tonight and gets that monkey off his back ! :neutral:
dodgers77
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports