NBA 2016-2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby john38103 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:08 am

Cousins getting traded to the Pelicans is nuts.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:44 am

I can't even process it. Like, I dunno if the Pelicans are secretly brilliant or setting the time bomb on the franchise. A two-towers build for a team in this day and age is outdated as hell, though on paper AD and Boogie should be able to co-exist given their ability to play stretch 4/5. To say nothing of Boogie's personality being a factor...
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby glenn1 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:24 am

That wasn't secretly brilliant, that was a steal. NO only had to give up one first round pick, and Buddy is not good. The Kings are a disaster.

From NO's perspective, if Boogie doesn't work out they can probably trade him for more than they gave up this upcoming offseason.
glenn1
Art Expert

Postby AliRock110 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 am

Man if this works you got 2 of the most skilled big men on the same team. AD can play PF so I'm not worried about floor space. I'm more worried about Boogies mood swings. Will he be calm in NOLA? Will he be drama free playing this close to home? If the answer is yes then the pellies got a steal. If it's business as usual for Boogie then this will be a smart move for a Kings team that has not made too many smart moves as of late.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am

I don't think there's any universe where this was a smart move for the Kings. A protected lotto pick??? You can't tell me there wasn't a better haul out there for Cousins.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:34 am

I mean, they say the Pistons floated out a Drummond-for-Boogie trade.

And that package minus Hield couldn't land them Jahlil Okafor.

Still hurts my head. I may feel like the Pelicans have a big risk-reward gamble pairing Boogie with AD, but zero question the Kings lost in this trade in every possible way.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Definitely an interesting trade. Looking forward to seeing how these two pair together. Stupid on the Kings part and smart on the Pelicans. Who knows if it'll work out for them, but if not, they can get equal value back.

As frustrating as Drummond is, I'm glad the Pistons didn't trade him for Cousins. Cousins is by far the superior player but trading for him is like trading for cancer.

Last year's awesome red and blue all-star jerseys were followed-up by some dreadful rags this year. Truly ugly jerseys and the ads on all the jerseys throughout the weekend really irked me. Never gonna let this go. I hate it so much :x
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby mattkardish on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 pm

the Kings are just out to prove that they're one of the worst franchises in all of sports. now there is zero reason to go to a Kings game...Boogie is going to poison the minds of all the youth on that team. hope it blows up in both's faces so the Sixers land Jrue and get rid of Jah somehow. my friends are trying to say they're content with keeping Jah if it means we have a better chance of the pick swap happening with the Kings and their 2019 pick being more attractive. :roll:
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby LifTid on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Gonna laugh if Boogie ends up not resigning with the Pelicans.
LifTid
Art Connoisseur

Postby 63schoeffling on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

mattkardish wrote:the Kings are just out to prove that they're one of the worst franchises in all of sports. now there is zero reason to go to a Kings game...Boogie is going to poison the minds of all the youth on that team. hope it blows up in both's faces so the Sixers land Jrue and get rid of Jah somehow. my friends are trying to say they're content with keeping Jah if it means we have a better chance of the pick swap happening with the Kings and their 2019 pick being more attractive. :roll:

This is great for us with the pick swap.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby mattkardish on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:28 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
mattkardish wrote:the Kings are just out to prove that they're one of the worst franchises in all of sports. now there is zero reason to go to a Kings game...Boogie is going to poison the minds of all the youth on that team. hope it blows up in both's faces so the Sixers land Jrue and get rid of Jah somehow. my friends are trying to say they're content with keeping Jah if it means we have a better chance of the pick swap happening with the Kings and their 2019 pick being more attractive. :roll:

This is great for us with the pick swap.

yeh but this is why the Ers needed to get a deal done before something like this happened. guess we'll have to see how it plays out
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 am

Pick up Lou Williams, drop Corey Brewer, seems like a positive. Time will tell.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby LifTid on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 am

It's a positive. We now have the top 2 highest scoring 6th men in the league, and I'm better then Brewer.
LifTid
Art Connoisseur

Postby mattkardish on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:37 am

LouWillVille is the truth
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby mattkardish on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 pm

things starting to HEAT UP in PHILLY!!!!
mattkardish
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports