NBA 2016-2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby john38103 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Paul will be a rental. When he becomes a free agent next year, he's gone.

Nah, doing the deal like he did will allow him to sign a "supermax" contract with Houston next season. If he goes anywhere else he'll lose an insane amount of cash.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby FlapJack on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Based on where Paul is in his career, offering him a supermax contract after next season would be crazy stupid for Houston. It'll make Anthony's and DWade's boat anchors look like bargains.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby john38103 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:59 pm

FlapJack wrote:Based on where Paul is in his career, offering him a supermax contract after next season would be crazy stupid for Houston. It'll make Anthony's and DWade's boat anchors look like bargains.

I completely agree but it still might happen. The NBA is real ignorant with max deals.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:Hey Paul is a really good defender in his own right. :evil:

Harden ain't doe amirite?

Yes you are right
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

I realize GSW seems untouchable, but most gm's who are worth a fudge are still gonna try to do their job as best as possible, and Morey has taken some sad looking years and surprised even Houston fans. Do I think Rockets are suddenly better than SA and GSW? Obviously not, but I can't blame Morey for doing everything he can to try and get there. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (Lawson), but the dude is always hustling. Before Harden arrived the Rockets were in a slump, too good to get a top lotto pick and too bad to be relevant, local 'experts' said they need to tank and get a #1 pick to have any chance to get out of that mid range space, instead Morey makes a trade for Harden and avoids that whole tanking fudge. It hasn't amounted to any championships which is all that matters, but I like the gm and his constant attempts to win without sacrificing seasons.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Presti with a pretty good move. Rent George for a year, get rid of Victor to clear cap space. Will be interesting to see how that starting 5 plays together.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 pm

I like Morey, happy that he's always trying but just don't like the CP3 trade because the fit isn't immediately apparent.

PG13 to OKC though, I do like that move - dude can work off the ball well, works with how Westbrook plays. Gonna be interesting to see if they regress, not in wins but in terms of their system - essentially bringing George in to recreate the role KD had.

Oh, and Blake's staying with the Clips.

The NBA offseason - so much fun.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby afrosteeziac on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 pm

jkw3000 wrote:I like Morey, happy that he's always trying but just don't like the CP3 trade because the fit isn't immediately apparent.

PG13 to OKC though, I do like that move - dude can work off the ball well, works with how Westbrook plays. Gonna be interesting to see if they regress, not in wins but in terms of their system - essentially bringing George in to recreate the role KD had.

Oh, and Blake's staying with the Clips.

The NBA offseason - so much fun.

Plus I fill like Bev, Decker and Lou were pretty decent parts of their overall system. Really not sure how they will look on the court.
If the Wolves get Teague or Lowry though, they will give people some serious fits.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby mtarail on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:28 pm

If the Wolves get Lowry and can keep him healthy, they become legitimate contenders with GSW in the next few years.

As for Houston, you've gotta like the GM's hustle. Harden did an amazing job at the point, but he's clearly a natural SF. He goes back to his natural position to make room for a HOF pg. I've always loved Dekker's potential and wouldn't want to lose him, but Houston managed to keep the central core of their team (Ariza/Anderson/Capela) together and didn't get any worse on the defensive end considering Paul's skill set as compared to Beverly's.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 am

Teague to Minnesota, so that's one domino down.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby desch on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Hayward to Boston ESPN reports.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19807884

Edit: now sources are saying (Hayward's agent for one) that no decision has been reached... another DeAndre Jordan scenario?
desch
Art Expert

A toe? I can get you a toe...

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Eh, he's undecided probs but let's not downplay how ridiculous the DeAndre situation was. I mean, the Clips contingent literally went to his home and made him cut off all contact with his agent and Cuban until he signed with the Clips. One of the most entertaining off-season clusterfucks ever.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby desch on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Yeah not the best analogy I could've drawn. But I imagine Hayward's posse may get a little smaller if someone spilled the beans when they shouldn't have.
desch
Art Expert

A toe? I can get you a toe...

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Nah I see the analogy...I just never want to downplay how hilarious that DeAndre ordeal was (unless you're a Mavs fan...BUT STILL).
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby iwokeinrelief on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:55 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Nah I see the analogy...I just never want to downplay how hilarious that DeAndre ordeal was (unless you're a Mavs fan...BUT STILL).

:( :( :(

Awful drymounting night.

(but that fudge is hilarious)
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports