NBA 2016-2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mattkardish on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm

canuck wrote:My man D Will heading to Cav country. Watched him play a bunch when he was on the Jazz. Good player. Wish him the best in Cleveland. Is Durant still hurt? Good.

he trash now tho.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby iwokeinrelief on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:00 pm

mattkardish wrote:
canuck wrote:My man D Will heading to Cav country. Watched him play a bunch when he was on the Jazz. Good player. Wish him the best in Cleveland. Is Durant still hurt? Good.

he trash now tho.

As a Mavs fan I can confirm this.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby pencilfightchamp on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:43 am

Who do you have for MVP as it stands today?

It seems most think it's between some combination of the following:
Harden
Westbrook
Kawhi
LBJ
And given the Warriors woes since his injury, it seems that Durant should have a strong case for MVP, as well.
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:51 am

I'm not even a Westbrook guy but it's his to lose. The historic stats plus him willing the team into the playoffs...may not love the total takeover of the team that comes from him as the lead dog but respect for him being good enough to pull it off.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby mattkardish on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 am

think Isaiah has to be on your list as well. Kawhi is the best 2 way player in the league, being asked to guard the best player on the other team every night (except for big men) and with leading his team to a potential 1 seed, it'd be a shame if he didn't get it if you really think about it. not really the Spurs way tho to get an award like that as they are the team that flies quietly under the radar.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby pencilfightchamp on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:08 am

No doubt, Isaiah has been a monster. If the Celtics can close strong, I think he definitely deserves some votes.

I lean toward Westbrook, but I'm pretty biased. He's done a lot more with less. For 2/3 of the season two of his other starters were a rookie Domantas Sabonis who averages 5.9 PPG, and Andre Roberson one of the worst offensive starters in the league (but his defense is stellar) who averages 6.7 PPG. Harden is surrounded by shooters, so I would argue his assists and their wins come a little easier.

History suggests they won't give it to Westbrook based on his team's success, but, I think if the Thunder can sneak in to the 5th seed, it's his to lose. Otherwise it'll likely be Harden or Kawhi.
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby Kramerica on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am

Kawhi is great but I think the other candidates add more to their individual teams. I think the mvp is Westbrook and it would be hard for him to lose it at this point.

They way I usually look at it is, how good would the team be if said player were removed? While the Spurs would undoubtedly suffer without Kawhi, the Thunder would be a lottery team without Westbrook.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:15 am

It's just been a very good year in terms of MVP candidates. Without Westbrook, you're looking at Harden finding his ideal role as a D'Antoni point guard, Kawhi becoming The Man in SA, Isaiah Thomas going from Mr. Irrelevant to 5'9" All-Star, and LBJ still doing his thing.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby afrosteeziac on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Man, I know it was just the Nets, but providing the rest of the team hits the shots it seems like OKC is very formiddable when Russ gets at least 10 assist, let alone 20. And when he gets them early it's even better. Really starting to like all the pieces there, and I hope they get GSW in the first round :pint:

Dang, nvm, been awhile since I have looked at the standings. They are only 2 games behind the Clips. If the jump them they would play the Jazz. Interesting. And at 4 behind the Jazz, while unlikely, if they jump them they could have Homecourt the first round. Even more reason for Russ to be MVP if that happens.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby pencilfightchamp on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:20 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:Man, I know it was just the Nets, but providing the rest of the team hits the shots it seems like OKC is very formiddable when Russ gets at least 10 assist, let alone 20. And when he gets them early it's even better. Really starting to like all the pieces there, and I hope they get GSW in the first round :pint:

Dang, nvm, been awhile since I have looked at the standings. They are only 2 games behind the Clips. If the jump them they would play the Jazz. Interesting. And at 4 behind the Jazz, while unlikely, if they jump them they could have Homecourt the first round. Even more reason for Russ to be MVP if that happens.

Interesting that you mention that. I actually tracked a few numbers recently, and their record when he records 10 assists or more is 30-9 versus 8-20 when he fails to record double digit assists. And they are a dismal 3-11 when he shoots more than 10 threes a game. I'm definitely encouraged by the last two games. It seems getting Oladipo back and the new guys situated has Russ pressing on the offensive end a lot less.

And GSW may draw Memphis in the first round if they don't get it together. Memphis is playing terrible at the moment, but they have given the Warriors fits this year even with Durant in the lineup.
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Gonna be interesting regardless. Looking forward to the playoffs and seeing how things settle.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby canuck on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Ya'll must be high as drymount.

MVP goes to the big man, Rudy Gobert, duh.

lol
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:58 am

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Fun pb&j article. I eat one every day before work. Lightly toasted sourdough or whole wheat bread with raspberry jam and organic peanut butter (sometimes creamy, sometimes crunchy). Sour cream and onion Pringles. http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... -addiction
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby mattkardish on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:48 pm

don't think i've ever had a toasted pb&j???

also how do the sixers have to wait 2 months after embiid's most recent game to say that he will "most likely" need knee surgery? really hiding fudge from fans well.
mattkardish
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports