NBA 2016-2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby PrintNoob87 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-the-gr ... 32077.html

Hoping the young Bucks can take a leap this year.

Also, put me down right at the top of the GS haters list, but damn I love having an evil empire team in a sport. Always makes it more fun and interesting to have an unbeatable villain.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby john38103 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:43 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Hoping the young Bucks can take a leap this year.

It was surprising they didn't make strides last season. It seems like the chemistry is just a little off. A couple mismatched pieces.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:45 pm

There will be a handful of relevant teams and the Bucks, like my Bulls, will be irrelevant.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby mattkardish on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:52 pm

yay! the nba thread is back! go sixers!!! and drymount the warriors, forever!!!
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

john38103 wrote:

It was surprising they didn't make strides last season. It seems like the chemistry is just a little off. A couple mismatched pieces.

They need to find a way to unload Monroe. He just doesn't fit with what they're trying to do. Honestly, I don't think he fits with what a lot of teams are trying to do in today's league. He's still a good offensive player, but he mostly serves to pound the ball in the post and not move around a lot.

Also, they had no shooting whatsoever aside from Middleton. So, even if they exercised quality spacing, defenses didn't really have to pay it any mind. Hopefully Dellavedova and Teletovic are able to come in and knock down shots and help space things a bit when they're on the floor.

I'd be thrilled if they could move Monroe and Carter-Williams even if it meant taking pennies on the dollar value-wise. At this point, it's addition by subtraction with those two.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:58 pm

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROOOOOOOOOIIIIIIT BAAAAASKETBAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby afrosteeziac on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Soo ready for this season. Save me a seat on the GS hate wagon. Wish KD stayed but it is nice to have a villain. Hope Russ and crew torch them come November 3rd at GS :pint:
Im going to need this shirt too..
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby mattkardish on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 pm

That shirt is FIRE.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby theartofliving on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Really have no idea what to expect from the Rockets this year, but i'm just glad Howard is gone. From what i've seen so far it seems like the energy is very positive. Also Harden is starting point guard this year, should be fun.
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur

Postby mattkardish on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:45 pm

like 4 days late to post here but drymounting BEN drymounting SIMMONS AND HIS drymounting FOOT
mattkardish
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:06 pm

mattkardish wrote:like 4 days late to post here but drymounting BEN drymounting SIMMONS AND HIS drymounting FOOT

Hadn't heard what happened so I went to NBA.com to check, but man they have an atrocious site re-design. On my laptop and this was obviously made for a phone. Pain in the ass. The site was always a piece of fudge, but at first glance, this is worse.

I'll google what happened...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm

I'm convinced the arena has to be on an ancient burial ground or something. How can they be this unlucky?

On another note, I know its preseason and Russ only played for half the game and Adams was out for the second half with an ankle injury but damn you OKC, that defense against Real Madrid looked suspect.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Philly's cursed. Forever and ever.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby PrintNoob87 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
john38103 wrote:

They need to find a way to unload Monroe. He just doesn't fit with what they're trying to do. Honestly, I don't think he fits with what a lot of teams are trying to do in today's league. He's still a good offensive player, but he mostly serves to pound the ball in the post and not move around a lot.

Also, they had no shooting whatsoever aside from Middleton. So, even if they exercised quality spacing, defenses didn't really have to pay it any mind. Hopefully Dellavedova and Teletovic are able to come in and knock down shots and help space things a bit when they're on the floor.

I'd be thrilled if they could move Monroe and Carter-Williams even if it meant taking pennies on the dollar value-wise. At this point, it's addition by subtraction with those two.

PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:57 pm

Been one preseason game and I already hate the Warriors so goddamned much. Wake me up when the Finals start.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Next

Return to Sports