MLB 2016

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby technique on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 pm

So no more goat talk now right?
technique
Art Expert

Postby dasponyboy on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:51 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Brantley woulda been quite nice to have around as well.

Ya and it woulda been nice to have Schwarber all year and playoffs but that's not how it went down :pint:
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:03 pm

lol chamon now A, even without Schwarber Cubs have a murderer's row lineup. And they also had him back for the WS.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:04 pm

Yeah, CHI was essentially The Borg.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby dasponyboy on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:54 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:lol chamon now A, even without Schwarber Cubs have a murderer's row lineup. And they also had him back for the WS.

But I want MOAR murderers! :D
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby ZoSoTim on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:06 pm

mahilgen wrote:A couple of years ago I was waiting in the poster line outside of a music venue in SF for a show. (yes, it was Phish. Shush!) I struck up conversation with a guy from Chicago who grew up in the same neighborhood with Steve Bartman -- played on the same little league team, knew his parents *really* well. He said that Steve had written a book detailing his experiences that crazy night in '03 and the years since (and, I'm assuming, his reactions to last night's incredible victory), and that it would only be published after the Cubs win it all.

I for one, being a huge fan of the game in general, am really looking forward to reading it.

All of those scapegoating f**kers owe him worldseries-sized apologies, plus dinner/drinks for the rest of his life. And though I doubt he would accept, I'd like to see him be humbly asked to throw out the first pitch at the ring ceremony next year.

Congrats again, Cubs fans!

99% of Cubs fans got over Bartman back in 2003. It was other assholes that wouldn't let him be.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Postby ZoSoTim on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:07 pm

fredo wrote:Boo.

ps GM's don't belong in the hall. Especially those with unlimited budgets.

Theo has never had an unlimited budget in Chicago.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Postby dasponyboy on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:32 pm

ZoSoTim wrote:
mahilgen wrote:A couple of years ago I was waiting in the poster line outside of a music venue in SF for a show. (yes, it was Phish. Shush!) I struck up conversation with a guy from Chicago who grew up in the same neighborhood with Steve Bartman -- played on the same little league team, knew his parents *really* well. He said that Steve had written a book detailing his experiences that crazy night in '03 and the years since (and, I'm assuming, his reactions to last night's incredible victory), and that it would only be published after the Cubs win it all.

I for one, being a huge fan of the game in general, am really looking forward to reading it.

All of those scapegoating f**kers owe him worldseries-sized apologies, plus dinner/drinks for the rest of his life. And though I doubt he would accept, I'd like to see him be humbly asked to throw out the first pitch at the ring ceremony next year.

99% of Cubs fans got over Bartman back in 2003. It was other assholes that wouldn't let him be.

And anybody who had any baseball knowledge knew the collapse shoulda been blamed on Alex Gonzalez to begin with. That guy got off scott free bc of Bartman
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby ZoSoTim on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:53 pm

dasponyboy wrote:
ZoSoTim wrote:

And anybody who had any baseball knowledge knew the collapse shoulda been blamed on Alex Gonzalez to begin with. That guy got off scott free bc of Bartman

Exactly. If he turns that DP like he should have we don't ven know Steve Bartman's name.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Postby jjttdw on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:14 pm

I put some of the blame on Dusty Baker. He has a young pitcher on the mound who was a bit unhinged by what happens. Does he go out to the mound to say "Listen Mark, forget that last play. We have the lead and are 5 outs away from finishing this series."? No. He sits on his ass in the dugout. They had a 3 run lead. Just a crap job of managing
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby dasponyboy on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Yup that too but then again that was par for the course for him.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Per Rotoworld:
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox will acquire left-hander Chris Sale from the White Sox.
Oh baby. The Red Sox are paying a big price, as top prospects Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech are involved, as well as two other prospects. The Nationals were said to be in the lead late Monday, but Dave Dombrowski is known for being aggressive on the trade front and he was able to get his man. More details should pour in soon.
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:28 pm

There's something kinda hilarious about the Sox having 2 of their top pitchers be Sale and Price. :lol:
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Previous

Return to Sports