NHL 2015-2016 Season Thread

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Baker on Fri May 13, 2016 9:08 am

Good season for the Preds, tough to go out getting stomped like that but all in all still a good year. Looking forward to the next round!
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5926
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Image

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri May 13, 2016 9:42 am

Unfortunately I don't see the Bolts putting up a fight against the Pens. Really going all in on STL or San Jose since I wouldn't mind either winning. Just as long as one of them stop the Pens I'll be a happy man :D

Rooting for Thornton but also think the Blues have a much better shot at blasting the Pens.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7353
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby TheBeard on Fri May 13, 2016 1:09 pm

As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4460
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 pm

TheBeard wrote:As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.


It's close with STL but man.... Those fans have been following with no return for longer than the San Jose people have been. That's why I'm pulling slightly more for the Blues. Also, I feel like nobody in Cali is a real die hard sports fan.... Obviously not true but that's what I think when I hear about CA sports teams and I'm sticking to it, ha.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7353
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby TheBeard on Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
TheBeard wrote:As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.


It's close with STL but man.... Those fans have been following with no return for longer than the San Jose people have been. That's why I'm pulling slightly more for the Blues. Also, I feel like nobody in Cali is a real die hard sports fan.... Obviously not true but that's what I think when I hear about CA sports teams and I'm sticking to it, ha.


I think you're partially right on both ends but not entirely. While blues have been waiting longer, they haven't struggled as much as Sharks fans over the last 15 or so years when you consider the level of regular season consistency of the sharks leading to such high expectations year in and year out usually leading to disaster. Blues have been good, but not as consistently near the top as the sharks have been over the last decade plus.

As for Cali, I 100% agree regarding SoCal (Los Angeles) but not The Bay Area. LA does care about sports, they just want to "be there" when they win. San Fran, between The Warriors, the Raiders, the Niners and the Sharks, fans have always been there and always been fanatic about their teams.
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4460
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby canuck on Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Go sharks!
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A
Image Image Image Image

Postby beetlejuice on Sun May 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Go Blues!
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm
Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby Scottjohnston on Sun May 15, 2016 7:45 pm

beetlejuice wrote:Go Blues!
User avatar
Scottjohnston
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2386
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 pm
ImageImageImageImage

Postby Scottjohnston on Sun May 15, 2016 7:52 pm

TheBeard wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
TheBeard wrote:As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.


It's close with STL but man.... Those fans have been following with no return for longer than the San Jose people have been. That's why I'm pulling slightly more for the Blues. Also, I feel like nobody in Cali is a real die hard sports fan.... Obviously not true but that's what I think when I hear about CA sports teams and I'm sticking to it, ha.


I think you're partially right on both ends but not entirely. While blues have been waiting longer, they haven't struggled as much as Sharks fans over the last 15 or so years when you consider the level of regular season consistency of the sharks leading to such high expectations year in and year out usually leading to disaster. Blues have been good, but not as consistently near the top as the sharks have been over the last decade plus.

As for Cali, I 100% agree regarding SoCal (Los Angeles) but not The Bay Area. LA does care about sports, they just want to "be there" when they win. San Fran, between The Warriors, the Raiders, the Niners and the Sharks, fans have always been there and always been fanatic about their teams.


Come on man! St.Louis is the well deserved "fan favourite" at this point, and I'm rooting for them to hoist their first cup this year!!

Blues fans might as well be the Leaf fans of the west, with the sharks playing the part of the Sens 8)
User avatar
Scottjohnston
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2386
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 pm
ImageImageImageImage

Postby bloodthrust on Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 am

The first period of last nights game was so smooth...both teams were as crisp as any two teams have been the whole playoffs.

Elliot is gonna have to stand on his head three more times if they're going to advance.
User avatar
bloodthrust
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2258
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:01 pm
Location: The OC brah.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.


mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.

Postby soam24 on Tue May 17, 2016 9:49 am

Why Crosby.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 11562
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards
Image

Postby beetlejuice on Tue May 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Boy Blues looking flat to start tonight. Els letting in that one isn't a good sign for the rest of the game. Could be one of those games he takes off. :hanging:
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 797
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm
Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby pewter14 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 am

Sharks ... yay local team. Woo.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14844
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.


Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

Postby kevinkenly1 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 am

Glad to see the Sharks take the West, hopefully Lightning will win tomorrow, I wanna see a Sharks Lightning matchup
User avatar
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 am
Image

Postby TheBeard on Thu May 26, 2016 12:59 am

There are so many people to thank.

So surreal.
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4460
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

PreviousNext

Return to Sports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests