NHL 2015-2016 Season Thread

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Baker on Fri May 13, 2016 9:08 am

Good season for the Preds, tough to go out getting stomped like that but all in all still a good year. Looking forward to the next round!
Baker
Art Expert

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri May 13, 2016 9:42 am

Unfortunately I don't see the Bolts putting up a fight against the Pens. Really going all in on STL or San Jose since I wouldn't mind either winning. Just as long as one of them stop the Pens I'll be a happy man :D

Rooting for Thornton but also think the Blues have a much better shot at blasting the Pens.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby TheBeard on Fri May 13, 2016 1:09 pm

As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 pm

TheBeard wrote:As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.

It's close with STL but man.... Those fans have been following with no return for longer than the San Jose people have been. That's why I'm pulling slightly more for the Blues. Also, I feel like nobody in Cali is a real die hard sports fan.... Obviously not true but that's what I think when I hear about CA sports teams and I'm sticking to it, ha.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby TheBeard on Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
TheBeard wrote:As a Sharks fan i'm obviously biased, but from a fun perspective and even a "feel good" one, I don't see how San Jose isn't the fan favorite from this point on.

It's close with STL but man.... Those fans have been following with no return for longer than the San Jose people have been. That's why I'm pulling slightly more for the Blues. Also, I feel like nobody in Cali is a real die hard sports fan.... Obviously not true but that's what I think when I hear about CA sports teams and I'm sticking to it, ha.

I think you're partially right on both ends but not entirely. While blues have been waiting longer, they haven't struggled as much as Sharks fans over the last 15 or so years when you consider the level of regular season consistency of the sharks leading to such high expectations year in and year out usually leading to disaster. Blues have been good, but not as consistently near the top as the sharks have been over the last decade plus.

As for Cali, I 100% agree regarding SoCal (Los Angeles) but not The Bay Area. LA does care about sports, they just want to "be there" when they win. San Fran, between The Warriors, the Raiders, the Niners and the Sharks, fans have always been there and always been fanatic about their teams.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Go sharks!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby beetlejuice on Sun May 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Go Blues!
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby Scottjohnston on Sun May 15, 2016 7:45 pm

beetlejuice wrote:Go Blues!
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage

Postby Scottjohnston on Sun May 15, 2016 7:52 pm

TheBeard wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:

I think you're partially right on both ends but not entirely. While blues have been waiting longer, they haven't struggled as much as Sharks fans over the last 15 or so years when you consider the level of regular season consistency of the sharks leading to such high expectations year in and year out usually leading to disaster. Blues have been good, but not as consistently near the top as the sharks have been over the last decade plus.

As for Cali, I 100% agree regarding SoCal (Los Angeles) but not The Bay Area. LA does care about sports, they just want to "be there" when they win. San Fran, between The Warriors, the Raiders, the Niners and the Sharks, fans have always been there and always been fanatic about their teams.

Come on man! St.Louis is the well deserved "fan favourite" at this point, and I'm rooting for them to hoist their first cup this year!!

Blues fans might as well be the Leaf fans of the west, with the sharks playing the part of the Sens 8)
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage

Postby bloodthrust on Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 am

The first period of last nights game was so smooth...both teams were as crisp as any two teams have been the whole playoffs.

Elliot is gonna have to stand on his head three more times if they're going to advance.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.

mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.

Postby soam24 on Tue May 17, 2016 9:49 am

Why Crosby.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby beetlejuice on Tue May 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Boy Blues looking flat to start tonight. Els letting in that one isn't a good sign for the rest of the game. Could be one of those games he takes off. :hanging:
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby pewter14 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 am

Sharks ... yay local team. Woo.
pewter14
EB Team

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.

Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines

Postby kevinkenly1 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 am

Glad to see the Sharks take the West, hopefully Lightning will win tomorrow, I wanna see a Sharks Lightning matchup
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur

Postby TheBeard on Thu May 26, 2016 12:59 am

There are so many people to thank.

So surreal.
TheBeard
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports