NFL 2015

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jmagee87 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Also, people hammer/hate Cutler because they perceive him as a mope. If people hammer on Cam because of it - boom, racist.

Perfect example. People hate on them for the exact same reasons
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby mistersmith on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:Also, people hammer/hate Cutler because they perceive him as a mope. If people hammer on Cam because of it - boom, racist.

Perfect example. People hate on them for the exact same reasons

It's exact opposite reasons, actually:

People hate on Cutler for not trying. And for not caring when he fails. Literally, he's the face of the "don't curr" meme.

People hate on Cam for being happy when he succeeds.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby PrintNoob87 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:53 pm

I guess I'm confused as to what cam conversation is going on right now. Thought this was in regards to him sulking after the game and people being called racist if they didn't like that demeanor.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby TheBeard on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:54 pm

I have no problems with how Cam reacted, and according to Smith, I'm one of the biggest racists on the board.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:21 pm

The problem is that of the two of them, the amount of rhetoric that can veer right into racial issues is absolutely a factor for Cam. He's petulent after a loss, he's a sore sport; Peyton refuses to shake hands, he's defended by one blogger as "he cares too much." Rodgers kept breaking out the championship belt/discount double-check and it was fine; Cam dabs it up and we get the complaints about showboating.

Is all of this just overblown stuff about athletes being blowhards/not doing things The Right Way? Sure. Is it ALL racial? No, plenty of folks criticizing are doing it just because they don't like guys who are full of it, regardless of race. But is race an unavoidable, ugly dimension in some of these criticisms (not necessarily here, but in general) compared to the ones that exist for Rodgers or Cutler? Yeah.

Let's just burn this thread down and move on to 2016 already.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby UrsusMorris on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:32 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Let's just burn this thread down and move on to 2016 already.

This. Can we get this thread locked since it got nasty?
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.

Postby TheBeard on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:37 pm

jkw3000 wrote:The problem is that of the two of them, the amount of rhetoric that can veer right into racial issues is absolutely a factor for Cam. He's petulent after a loss, he's a sore sport; Peyton refuses to shake hands, he's defended by one blogger as "he cares too much." Rodgers kept breaking out the championship belt/discount double-check and it was fine; Cam dabs it up and we get the complaints about showboating.

Is all of this just overblown stuff about athletes being blowhards/not doing things The Right Way? Sure. Is it ALL racial? No, plenty of folks criticizing are doing it just because they don't like guys who are full of it, regardless of race. But is race an unavoidable, ugly dimension in some of these criticisms (not necessarily here, but in general) compared to the ones that exist for Rodgers or Cutler? Yeah.

Let's just burn this thread down and move on to 2016 already.

Johnny Manziel probably gets the worst rap by fans and media, and he's as white as they come.
Last edited by TheBeard on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby AttorneyGreg on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Johnny Football is a train wreck.
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:52 pm

I watched the ESPN film on the 85 Bears and they make Manziel look like a choir boy. Technology has just made these things more transparent.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:54 pm

But...DA BEARS. :cry:
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby glenn1 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 pm

glenn1
Art Expert

Postby mistersmith on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:01 pm

An awesome breakdown that has to make anyone question why a guy like Cam is a bad guy and why a guy like Peyton is a good guy.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ewton.html
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Ha, been discussing that article with some folks - the immense privilege Manning gets for being football royalty is ridiculous and I'd argue can speak more about nepotism than race (still a factor, but worth mentioning). As was pointed out to me, the Brady cheating thing may have been a witch-hunt overreaction to the Ray Rice situation, but Peyton's potential cheating not only gets met with indifference, but even acceptance in some folks' minds. It's all PR though - gotta protect the image of a guy who's in half the commercials that play during the NFL.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby fredo on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:52 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Let's just burn this thread down and move on to 2016 already.

fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby PrintNoob87 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Kramerica wrote:I watched the ESPN film on the 85 Bears and they make Manziel look like a choir boy. Technology has just made these things more transparent.

I kinda disregarded him completely because he sucks and he was only ever hurting himself, but now that he's (allegedly) beating on women he can drymount right off.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports