Fantasy Baseball 2013 (... and now, 2014)

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby theSpacePope on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

nsd wrote:Is everyone interested in playing next year? If so, we should probably get the keeper thing sorted out sooner than later. We can of course wait too.

If we agree to keep going, we will need a member to assume the owner's team that won't respond to PM's, emails or pay their entry fee (but strangely can sign up for giveaways). I assume they don't want to play next year.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any thoughts on keepers or who might want to be a replacement? Also anyone down for fantasy basketball?

If you need a replacement, I'd be happy to fill the spot or at the very least be a part of a new league. I play multiple leagues/year and have won most so I'll be very active. Any chance people would want to play Yahoo > ESPN though? I just like their interface better.

Thanks!
theSpacePope
Art Enthusiast

Postby TheBeard on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:12 pm

I too am in for a fantasy baseball league.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

Postby FantasyBrad on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:27 pm

I'm happy to join again this year... hopefully this time I can manage to do well in the 2nd half of the season when it matters, as opposed to last year when everything fell apart.

As for keepers, I am fine with or without one/them... I'd probably vote no keepers, only because there was no discussion of keepers prior to last year's draft.

Also, I think that Yahoo has a SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER interface & smartphone app... So I'd love to see us shift the league to Yahoo in 2015
FantasyBrad
Art Connoisseur

Brad Costilo
Twitter = @FantasyBrad
eBay = BradFantasy

Postby felocin on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 pm

I have never done fantasy baseball but have always loved baseball. I can't wait for the season to start!
felocin
Art Expert

Postby mafurman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:47 pm

I think it is important that the rules and payout information be very clear. I would also strongly recommend that we use Leaguesafe or something comparable in order to guarantee that we don't have any issues with fees and payouts.

To that end I am volunteering to be commissioner of the league this season. In addition to the rules and payouts I have a few ideas (not rule related) that I think will add some fun and promote consistent competition.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby theSpacePope on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:33 am

mafurman wrote:To that end I am volunteering to be commissioner of the league this season. In addition to the rules and payouts I have a few ideas (not rule related) that I think will add some fun and promote consistent competition.

If you want to start the league up, preferably in Yahoo, just PM me and I'll sign up. The sooner we get things set-up, the sooner we can discuss buy-ins, draft dates, and format. Interested in your ideas.

I like default, head-to-head with additional Util/P spots should we not have a full 12. I think $50 sounds pretty manageable for pros and noobs alike, but open to suggestion. I don't know about keepers tho - would have to have regular managers year in & year out and not sure the status of last years managers or participants going forward.
theSpacePope
Art Enthusiast

Postby aibohphobia on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 pm

I really hope we can continue the ESPN league as a keeper league from last year. Keepers were mentioned from the beginning so I know picks and trades were made with that in mind. Hopefully we can figure that out soon and get new people if needed.

I would also be down for another Yahoo league if it comes to that. Either way looking forward to another year.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Image _ Image

Postby FantasyBrad on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:23 pm

aibohphobia wrote:I really hope we can continue the ESPN league as a keeper league from last year. Keepers were mentioned from the beginning so I know picks and trades were made with that in mind. Hopefully we can figure that out soon and get new people if needed.

I would also be down for another Yahoo league if it comes to that. Either way looking forward to another year.

I was in the league last year, and the topic of keepers was not broached until after the draft, and never decided upon. I'm fine either way, but I would suggest starting from scratch this year (and hopefully on Yahoo, which has a much better interface IMO).
FantasyBrad
Art Connoisseur

Brad Costilo
Twitter = @FantasyBrad
eBay = BradFantasy

Postby nrgball on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm in for yahoo, start a keeper league.

12 team Roto 5 x 5 with OPS and QS instead of Ave. & W

We use league safe. $50 sounds about right
nrgball
Art Expert

Image Image

Postby mafurman on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:12 pm

nrgball wrote:I'm in for yahoo, start a keeper league.

12 team Roto 5 x 5 with OPS and QS instead of Ave. & W

We use league safe. $50 sounds about right

Yep, that looks good. I will start the league and begin sending invites. PM me your emails.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby mafurman on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 am

Here is our league URL: https://yho.com/mlb?l=63936&k=304dd12009603682&ikey=a36612bf7ffd6aca

Please sign up this week so that you can have a voice in crafting and tweaking the draft settings, the keeper plan, and other league preferences.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby Greatplainsman on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:11 am

I'll play & pay. Lmk
Greatplainsman
Art Connoisseur

Postby Comfortably_Dumb on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 am

I'll play again.
Comfortably_Dumb
Art Connoisseur

Image Image Image

Postby mafurman on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:59 am

Comfortably_Dumb wrote:I'll play again.
Greatplainsman wrote:I'll play & pay. Lmk

Great! Sign up using the link just above. The draft format, date, and time will change based in what we decide once we have me members.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby TheBeard on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Is this for anyone or just former participants?
TheBeard
Art Expert

Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c

PreviousNext

Return to Sports