REMIX - 2013 Fantasy Football D-League All Stars

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby meskell on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 am

It's never easy to get in the middle of an emotionally charged fantasy situation especially one that has such implications. If I were jimmy I'd be pissed to say the least. It drymountin blows. But what do you do? Regardless of what players could have been plugged and played to make the outcome different, you can't not count the game. The other owner cannot be penalized for what another owner chooses to or not to do. We've probably had at least one (probably a few) other "illegal line-up" this year but no one is going to see or care until it means something. Even if we had an "illegal line-up" rule I'm not sure what the penalty would be. I've thought about it but it's kind of hard to penalize someone that doesn't care when it's an intentional thing.
meskell
Art Expert

Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

Postby FrankBooth on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:34 am

poopsicle wrote:I feel like my post had a bit of a finger-pointy tone, and if so I apologize. I do not think you threw the game, I am just sympathizing with other team's complains. I'm sorry to hear you've had to deal with excess stuff outside the norm.

No need to apologize, you shouldn't have to deal with it, nor should the folks directly touched.

It can only be stated as it looks, I slipped up and the result is directly affecting two members of this board at a critical point. Whatever the resolution is not going to please someone, I did not want to seem complacent with this situation. So if I seem abrupt in some manner, it's not intentional.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby poopsicle on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 am

meskell wrote:It's never easy to get in the middle of an emotionally charged fantasy situation especially one that has such implications. If I were jimmy I'd be pissed to say the least. It drymountin blows. But what do you do? Regardless of what players could have been plugged and played to make the outcome different, you can't not count the game. The other owner cannot be penalized for what another owner chooses to or not to do. We've probably had at least one (probably a few) other "illegal line-up" this year but no one is going to see or care until it means something. Even if we had an "illegal line-up" rule I'm not sure what the penalty would be. I've thought about it but it's kind of hard to penalize someone that doesn't care when it's an intentional thing.

Great points, thank you.
poopsicle
Art Expert

You can't spread peanut butter on a porpoise.

Postby jimmy4wmu on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 am

This is well said but I have always played any inclination of collusion should be voted on. I don't know if these teams know each other and seemed super fishy a stud WR stays on the bench and a player with no team at all is started... My guess is FB just didn't give a drymount about the matchup since he was out, which I feel is just as worse. The rest of the league hasn't responded so not sure a vote can get through anyway. Commish, has Benrichards said anything? I'm ok with him making the call. If he thinks he should be there, then I can't do much.
meskell wrote:It's never easy to get in the middle of an emotionally charged fantasy situation especially one that has such implications. If I were jimmy I'd be pissed to say the least. It drymountin blows. But what do you do? Regardless of what players could have been plugged and played to make the outcome different, you can't not count the game. The other owner cannot be penalized for what another owner chooses to or not to do. We've probably had at least one (probably a few) other "illegal line-up" this year but no one is going to see or care until it means something. Even if we had an "illegal line-up" rule I'm not sure what the penalty would be. I've thought about it but it's kind of hard to penalize someone that doesn't care when it's an intentional thing.
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

fluffhead13 wrote:after an A in multidimensional calculus and an A in matrices and differential equations, how dare u questions my math skills.

http://www.distractyourface.com

Postby poopsicle on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 am

jimmy4wmu wrote:Commish, has Benrichards said anything? I'm ok with him making the call. If he thinks he should be there, then I can't do much.

I am fine with leaving it to a vote if that's what the people want, however nobody has contacted me and nobody has voted on this thread.
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby BenRichards on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:02 am

Sorry guys, my step dad was hospitalized a few days ago and between work and that, I hadn't been paying much attention on EB.

Reading over everything, I will agree that it sucks that someone missed the playoffs because I could have lost a game if FrankBooth had started Robert Woods, however he didn't. You could look week over week at any given matchup and look at players a manager could have started, but didn't, simply because they forgot, the player was a late scratch or something else occurred. That's part of fantasy and making sure you do your due diligence in managing your roster.

For example, last week I completely drymounted up and didn't have a starting defense or a kicker who was active on his team (I started G. Tavecchio when Matt Bryant was the active kicker), either of those would have likely given me enough points to beat El Diablo who beat me by 4 points, then this wouldn't even be an issue.

I get why Jimmy4wmu is upset, but I personally don't think you can attribute missing the playoffs to a single thing. I am voting for myself here.
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.

Postby jimmy4wmu on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 pm

That's all I needed to hear, if believe you should be in I can't fight it. Good luck to all, I should of won more and had I not been traveling all weekend for family fudge, I probably would of been on Frankbooth more about getting active players in... Just to note and pay attention to, my team would of ran the table on everyone, that I guarantee 8)
BenRichards wrote:Sorry guys, my step dad was hospitalized a few days ago and between work and that, I hadn't been paying much attention on EB.

Reading over everything, I will agree that it sucks that someone missed the playoffs because I could have lost a game if FrankBooth had started Robert Woods, however he didn't. You could look week over week at any given matchup and look at players a manager could have started, but didn't, simply because they forgot, the player was a late scratch or something else occurred. That's part of fantasy and making sure you do your due diligence in managing your roster.

For example, last week I completely drymounted up and didn't have a starting defense or a kicker who was active on his team (I started G. Tavecchio when Matt Bryant was the active kicker), either of those would have likely given me enough points to beat El Diablo who beat me by 4 points, then this wouldn't even be an issue.

I get why Jimmy4wmu is upset, but I personally don't think you can attribute missing the playoffs to a single thing. I am voting for myself here.
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

fluffhead13 wrote:after an A in multidimensional calculus and an A in matrices and differential equations, how dare u questions my math skills.

http://www.distractyourface.com

Postby poopsicle on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Thank you all for being cool and making this easy on me. I do appreciate it!

Additionally it sounds like some of our members here are dealing with some fudge that is much bigger than fantasy football. I hope everything works out for you guys! Cheers
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby poopsicle on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Got a nice playoff game setting up for tonight.
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby mobius006 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:14 pm

with EB working for once, excited to see how things end.

As I was knocked out of another league by the 6 seat, I'm no ready to stomp here next week.
mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby poopsicle on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Wowzers a 1-point victory in a semi-final game. Well done Ben Richards
poopsicle
Art Expert

Postby BenRichards on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Holyeeee fudge, I wasn't expecting that one. Thielen saved my ass!
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Postby BenRichards on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 pm

poopsicle wrote:Wowzers a 1-point victory in a Quarterfinal-final game. Well done Ben Richards

FTFY
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Previous

Return to Sports