NBA 2018-19

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 am

The season's creeping up on us :clap:

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am

I stumbled onto the Lakers/Warriors game last night at dinner and had a blast watching the first half. Happy that basketball's back.

Also, gotta love Jimmy Butler for taking 2nd and 3rd stringers and running the court against the starters while passionately calling everybody out.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:17 am

Yo Jimmy Butler is legit a nutjob. I always thought it was a little overblown and that if you put him on a winning team in a top market he would thrive, but now... I don't want him within 100 miles of my Sixers. He's really not helping his cause.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 am

Definitely a wild card and a loose cannon, but I love the passion and energy. If I was always going hard and giving it my all, it would be super frustrating to deal with young, lethargic, talented players who lack killer instinct and drive. Good on him for calling them out and acting like a madman. Sounds like KAT is just plain soft. He received the rock in the post with Butler guarding him while loudly talking smack and he kicks it out??? Shook one.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:12 am

Yeah I was always thinking that he was a win-at-all-cost dude, but I think at this point he is crazier than that. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but I don't think he's worth the hassle now. I thought that if you team him up with Ben and Joel we would bump up to compete with Boston, but I'm sure he would even freak out about Joel being on Insta after games and Ben playing video games since he was the damn person playing with KAT in the first place, haha.

Plus, I'm sure a lot of guys don't want to play with him now.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am

It's been funnier to see Thibs on record as LOVING Jimmy's intensity, even when being called out by him. Would bet the farm that he'd dump KAT for Butler in a heartbeat if he could, but the team's clearly gonna hitch their wagon on the younger guy who wants to stick around.

I get the feeling he could absolutely help a team win a championship but you'd have to match him with the right people. Reminds me of a KG-in-Boston kind of situation - you can have competitive-nutjob if the other superstars are remotely desperate to win a championship.

Also, sucks to hear about KAT not being fiery enough. I refuse to just pin it as a generational thing though - I'm not even a Jazz fan but Donovan Mitchell's a new guy and he's definitely got that fire.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Also, sucks to hear about KAT not being fiery enough. I refuse to just pin it as a generational thing though - I'm not even a Jazz fan but Donovan Mitchell's a new guy and he's definitely got that fire.

Just to be clear, I didn't say it was a generational thing, I was specifically talking about KAT (and implying Wiggins). There are definitely young guys with fire.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:57 pm

So who's going to lose to Golden State in the Finals? Smart money now says Boston but will that still be the case come next summer? In any case, everyone's playing for second place at this point. I heard Stephen A. Smith yesterday talking about how GS isn't going to let Klay walk after this year so someone's going to be the odd man out. They can't afford to keep everyone. Or does Durant leave after this season and land somewhere else?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Wiggins has always been passive. He would disappear at the most important moments when playing at KU.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:09 pm

I used to love Mitchell but he has really just crushed his image with the whole "I really can't let the Rookie of the Yaer" thing go and even making the Jazz' pick (I don't think it was Greyson) all about himself on TV. Dude is a clown... but good at basketball.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Feels so weird rootin for lebron for a change.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby afrosteeziac on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 am

Basketball is back! Can't wait til Dre and Russ come back, because I think a healthy team minus melo but plus Shroeder will be better than last year. Wouldn't want them to give up anybody important but I think Butler might be an interesting fit in OKC. Can a team have too much passion?
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby dodgers77 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:45 am

Codeblue wrote:Feels so weird rootin for lebron for a change.

:iagree:
dodgers77
Art Expert

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 am

dodgers77 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Feels so weird rootin for lebron for a change.

:iagree:

Idk when it occurred, but at some point in the last year I realized that I kinda like LeBron. He just seems like a good dude with all he does off the court as well, so that helps. I used to laugh at people that said he is better than Jordan, but everything he has been able to accomplish with a bunch of EB'ers on his teams really is hard to overlook. I think the argument isn't as silly as it once was, but we shall see.

Just a shame he went to LA to waste away the rest of his years. I get that it was a decision for his family, but man it would have been fun to see him in a Sixers jersey.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:02 am

Just because I like him doesn't mean I can't root against him. :lol:
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Next

Return to Sports