NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby HungryFace on Tue May 15, 2018 12:18 am

Iso Harden v. one of the all-time great teams = not much of a contest.

Hopefully the Rox can win a game - but if they don't win Game 2, you'd have to think the brooms will be out...
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby afrosteeziac on Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 am

HungryFace wrote:Iso Harden v. one of the all-time great teams = not much of a contest.

Hopefully the Rox can win a game - but if they don't win Game 2, you'd have to think the brooms will be out...

They may avoid the brooms but def no more than 5 games. for some reason I still got the impression GS was only in 3rd or 4th gear.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am

afrosteeziac wrote:
HungryFace wrote:Iso Harden v. one of the all-time great teams = not much of a contest.

They may avoid the brooms but def no more than 5 games. for some reason I still got the impression GS was only in 3rd or 4th gear.

Yeah, Curry being sort of a non-factor despite 18-6-8 with over 50% shooting...feels like there's an even bigger game from them incoming. Don't think they'll sweep but dunno if the Rockets bench/role players can play up to the Warriors bench/role players.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Irishman12 on Tue May 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Some bad calls both ways last night. Durant was unstoppable and as afro said, the team wasn't even clicking on all cylinders. Golden State owns the 3rd quarter and they showed it yesterday. The first half was pretty close, Houston even had a decent lead at one point. But the second half was all Golden State. 1 down, 3 to go!
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby RambosRemodeler on Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm

GO SIXERS!
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby edgar on Tue May 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Wow...GO SUNS
edgar
Art Expert

Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!

Postby jkw3000 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:06 pm

LeBron with 42-10-12 and they still lose by 13. :shock:
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby SwampButt on Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm

Harden fouling with 8 seconds left cost Vegas millions. Beautiful
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast

Postby Irishman12 on Wed May 16, 2018 11:10 am

edgar wrote:Wow...GO SUNS

I'm really surprised this will be their first overall pick in franchise history. You think they'll hold on to it or trade it?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby jkw3000 on Wed May 16, 2018 11:25 am

Irishman12 wrote:

I'm really surprised this will be their first overall pick in franchise history. You think they'll hold on to it or trade it?

With a choice between a great player the coach is familiar with and has had success with, or a great player who played in nearby Arizona, can't imagine them trading it away.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby Irishman12 on Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

With a choice between a great player the coach is familiar with and has had success with, or a great player who played in nearby Arizona, can't imagine them trading it away.

True, forgot about that. Yeah passing up Deandre Ayton, especially with that "hometown" connection of him playing for Arizona, yeah, hard to pass up. Not a bad nucleus though: Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, Ayton and then add a veteran like Tyson Chandler. Phoenix might have something brewing there. Although the west is still a tougher conference than the east with the likes of Golden State, Houston, Utah, OKC, San Antonio.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby HungryFace on Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 pm

That was fun.

Rox sharing the ball - EG, Ariza, and Tucker, with great games.

Please do the same in Golden State, and don't revert back to Game 1 fudge...
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 pm

I don't know what's going to happen in the series, but that was a fun game 2 for me at least.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 am

Now THAT was the game I was hoping for. Gotta admit, was a little worried after Game 1. Neither one of these is my team but I would love for a competitive(7 game) WCF since everything points to the Finals being over pretty quickly. Game 3 should be epic, outside of KD it looked like the Dubs were a little shook by Houston's response.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby spunkmonkey on Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

True, forgot about that. Yeah passing up Deandre Ayton, especially with that "hometown" connection of him playing for Arizona, yeah, hard to pass up. Not a bad nucleus though: Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, Ayton and then add a veteran like Tyson Chandler. Phoenix might have something brewing there. Although the west is still a tougher conference than the east with the likes of Golden State, Houston, Utah, OKC, San Antonio.

I can't see them trading the first pick, but I don't buy any kind of "hometown" talk with Ayton. Kid's from San Diego, was on campus for 6 months tops, and the team got smoked in the first round of the dance. I don't live in AZ, but I just can't imagine there's a lot of "Ayton's one of our own" sentiment. That being said, I'd still strongly consider him for the #1 pick.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports