Turning off Unpaid Item Assistant allows you to give your buyer more time to make a payment, and it also prevents placing an unpaid item record on the buyer's account automatically. Once you turn it off, you can't turn it back on for that transaction.To turn it off for a specific transaction:
1. Sign in to My eBay.
2. Click the Sold link on the left side of the page.
3. Find the transaction, and from the More actions drop-down menu, select Turn off Unpaid Item Assistant.
If a case has already opened, you can still turn off Unpaid Item Assistant to prevent the case from closing automatically.To turn off Unpaid Item Assistant on an open case:
1. Go to the Resolution Center, click the Sign in link in the Your Cases section, and then sign in.
2. Find the item in the list of cases.
3. Click the Take action link and select Turn off Unpaid Item Assistant from the drop-down menu.
If you turn it off and the buyer pays using one of the electronic payment methods, then the case closes automatically. But if the buyer uses another method, you need to go to the Sold section in your My eBay and select Mark As Payment Received in the drop-down menu.
If the buyer doesn't pay, you need to close the unpaid item case yourself. If you don't, it automatically closes on the 37th day after the case was opened. You won't get a final value fee credit, and an unpaid item won't be recorded on the buyer's account.To turn it off for all future transactions:
1. Sign in to My eBay and click the Account tab.
2. Click the Site Preferences link on the left side of the page.
3. Click the Show link to the right of Unpaid Item Assistant, and then click the Edit link.
4. Select No thanks – I'll use the standard unpaid item process as needed, opening and closing cases manually.
5. Click the Save button.[/quote]