The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:12 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
dont gamble with flippers :D

that's why i'm on #teamjojo
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 pm

:lol:
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm

virtualj wrote:
Kramerica wrote:What a measured and emotionally stable response.
The "douchebag" remark really set me off. People don't realize that others make mistakes, the first thing they want to do is publicly shame them when some slight however small is perceived. Someone cancelled an opening bid? "Hurdyhur I'll put them on blast, they'll never buy in this town again". Lol
A buyer Cancelling a bid is not nearly as bad as cancelling a sale. Ever "win" something on eBay only to be told the price didn't go high enough?
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 pm

nomdeguerre wrote:
virtualj wrote:
The "douchebag" remark really set me off. People don't realize that others make mistakes, the first thing they want to do is publicly shame them when some slight however small is perceived. Someone cancelled an opening bid? "Hurdyhur I'll put them on blast, they'll never buy in this town again". Lol
A buyer Cancelling a bid is not nearly as bad as cancelling a sale. Ever "win" something on eBay only to be told the price didn't go high enough?
wait, a seller can do that?

Wouldn't that behavior tend to discourage bidding on items they list in the future?
mattkardish
Art Expert

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:39 pm

padelimike wrote:
nomdeguerre wrote:
virtualj wrote:
wait, a seller can do that?

Wouldn't that behavior tend to discourage bidding on items they list in the future?
yeah but not everyone out there is Carmen Sandiego and tucks their detective pants into their boots when purchasing things on the bay
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:52 am

Pardon the ignorance folks but was wondering if anyone could direct me to posting an eBay link auction? Thanks John
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 am

stuckeyc wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:thatprintguy on Ebay,

rolled poster (Woodson Under the skin) ink out, resulting in major waves. Claims that this is proper rolling technique :lol:. Poster was also gorilla gripped and stored in tube since Mondocon.

the issue is more that it has been stored in the tube than it being rolled ink out

friend of mine does the ebay thing, i pretty much stay on EBeans for acquisition. His frustrations prompted my post. Never knew ink out was a thing, thanks for the knowledge. Thing about this print guy is that he then claimed he shipped it rolled ink in and my friend rolled it that way to flatten hence said waves which was not the case as I was there for unpacking.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:10 pm

phishstix101 wrote:Pardon the ignorance folks but was wondering if anyone could direct me to posting an eBay link auction? Thanks John

click the ebay button and then insert just the auction number

Code: Select all

[ebay]0123456789[/ebay]
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
dangerboy
Flipper

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:44 pm

phishstix101 wrote:Pardon the ignorance folks but was wondering if anyone could direct me to posting an eBay link auction? Thanks John
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=27136
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
Skrilly
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:05 pm

SPAC04 wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:

rolled poster (Woodson Under the skin) ink out, resulting in major waves. Claims that this is proper rolling technique :lol:. Poster was also gorilla gripped and stored in tube since Mondocon.

the issue is more that it has been stored in the tube than it being rolled ink out

friend of mine does the ebay thing, i pretty much stay on EBeans for acquisition. His frustrations prompted my post. Never knew ink out was a thing, thanks for the knowledge. Thing about this print guy is that he then claimed he shipped it rolled ink in and my friend rolled it that way to flatten hence said waves which was not the case as I was there for unpacking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSrE6csFZh0/
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Ah the old "my friend" trick.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Skrilly wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSrE6csFZh0/
no alt of mine
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:43 pm

New fudge has come to light, thatprintguy on Ebay is a square dealer, I apologize, and would like to redact all comments made in regards to the transaction I had referred to. I will also never again speak on behalf of others on these forums.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:54 am

Have a winner of one of my print auctions saying they're not paying because they thought they were bidding on the original. Sure, except I have print in the title and the original sold for ten times the price nearly a decade ago.
davemfan
Art Expert

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Philpenn wrote:Have a winner of one of my print auctions saying they're not paying because they thought they were bidding on the original. Sure, except I have print in the title and the original sold for ten times the price nearly a decade ago.
nice. i had a guy once send me a message after winning saying he was drunk when he bid and he's not paying because he does not want it. Best just to file a non-paying bidder claim and move on.
ImageImageImage