The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 am

Now that the Neverending Ebay Shennanigans thread has been locked, I thought it would be helpful to open a thread just for eBay advice. Rather than pointing out dumbasses on ebay, this thread is simply to ask for eBay-related advice. I always find myself looking for advice and figure that there are so many experts on this forum, that a thread like this could be useful.

So, to start, can someone tell me how to remove from my listings the automatic unpaid item claims from being opened? I find that opening these cases can often cause more problems than necessary. Thanks!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 pm

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid- ... html#setup

Turning off Unpaid Item Assistant allows you to give your buyer more time to make a payment, and it also prevents placing an unpaid item record on the buyer's account automatically. Once you turn it off, you can't turn it back on for that transaction.
To turn it off for a specific transaction:

1. Sign in to My eBay.
2. Click the Sold link on the left side of the page.
3. Find the transaction, and from the More actions drop-down menu, select Turn off Unpaid Item Assistant.

If a case has already opened, you can still turn off Unpaid Item Assistant to prevent the case from closing automatically.
To turn off Unpaid Item Assistant on an open case:

1. Go to the Resolution Center, click the Sign in link in the Your Cases section, and then sign in.
2. Find the item in the list of cases.
3. Click the Take action link and select Turn off Unpaid Item Assistant from the drop-down menu.

If you turn it off and the buyer pays using one of the electronic payment methods, then the case closes automatically. But if the buyer uses another method, you need to go to the Sold section in your My eBay and select Mark As Payment Received in the drop-down menu.

If the buyer doesn't pay, you need to close the unpaid item case yourself. If you don't, it automatically closes on the 37th day after the case was opened. You won't get a final value fee credit, and an unpaid item won't be recorded on the buyer's account.
To turn it off for all future transactions:

1. Sign in to My eBay and click the Account tab.
2. Click the Site Preferences link on the left side of the page.
3. Click the Show link to the right of Unpaid Item Assistant, and then click the Edit link.
4. Select No thanks – I'll use the standard unpaid item process as needed, opening and closing cases manually.
5. Click the Save button.[/quote]
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bigmuls
Art Expert

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks!
dangerboy
Flipper

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 am

why the hell would i want to do that? i like the fact that i don't have to send the unpaid item notices. if they expect me to ship things in one day to achieve top seller ratings, they should expect the buyers to pay in one day.

i do actually ask this with true inquiry as to why you would want to do this other than once in a lifetime for some odd circumstance
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:27 pm

Unless something has changed, Unpaid Item Assistant can really screw you up if a buyer pays with an eCheck. I haven't used Unpaid Item Assistant for some time and I remember that being one of the major issues. It would be one of the circumstances (if the above is still true) where you would want to turn it off for that item.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 pm

I cant believe the other the thread got locked because another piece of crap scammer got outed. I dont understand things anymore.

We are supposed to be a community who watches each others backs but when we try and provide solid evidence of it, the info gets shut down or deleted.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:49 pm

*goes to other thread to see what the hell this is all about*

E
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:I cant believe the other the thread got locked because another piece of crap scammer got outed. I dont understand things anymore.

We are supposed to be a community who watches each others backs but when we try and provide solid evidence of it, the info gets shut down or deleted.
I was supposed to be refunded yesterday from an ebay seller that happens to be on eb as well. Seller pretty much backed out of selling his 2 items I won saying its too expensive to ship as one of the few excuses but I think its more he doesnt want to take the hit of selling for so much less than what he put into it. Now he's had my $550 or so for over a week and still nothing, even gave him a reminder a couple of hours ago.
Last edited by KennyRE317 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Sounds like it's time for a Paypal claim and negative feedback then.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:Sounds like it's time for a Paypal claim and negative feedback then.
will probably be doing it first thing in the morning if there's still no response
bigmuls
Art Expert

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:44 pm

KennyRE317 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Sounds like it's time for a Paypal claim and negative feedback then.
will probably be doing it first thing in the morning if there's still no response
I'd make a PayPal claim first and wait til it's resolved to leave feedback.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am

gave the guy the benefit of a doubt and last night he sent me a PayPal payment but didn't include the charged shipping and not an actual refund. Needless to say I sent the payment back and requested an actual refund, which was last night. Filed a dispute this morning
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 am

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

E
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

E
I will be, that's a guarantee
parlow