The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am

eBay wouldn't let me use ShipCover sending to Austin, TX... what'd you hipsters do that pissed them off?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 am

cotis wrote:eBay wouldn't let me use ShipCover sending to Austin, TX... what'd you hipsters do that pissed them off?
Did it give you the "destination country is not covered by ShipCover" line? I get it every now and again when shipping in the US. Usually I just restart the labeling process and it works.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:46 am

Kramerica wrote:
cotis wrote:eBay wouldn't let me use ShipCover sending to Austin, TX... what'd you hipsters do that pissed them off?
Did it give you the "destination country is not covered by ShipCover" line? I get it every now and again when shipping in the US. Usually I just restart the labeling process and it works.
I think that was it, basic gist that I couldn't send there using ShipCover. thought it was weird but didn't question it. went rawdog no insurance on that one... :twisted:
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 am

PLUSH wrote:Anyone run into this?

Shipping address looked weird, so I Goog it.

2220 Meridian Blvd Ste SN141
Minden, NV 89423

Run into this Shipito
https://www.yelp.com/biz/shipito-minden

Guy is in Germany, but shipping to NV? I email him but have not gotten response. Feedback is 100% but most is from things he sells in Germany.
I recently had a situation like this and had no issue. I assumed it's sent to a friend to send along in some way to avoid import taxes.
I'm not someone else.
sandyaotearoa
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Anyone run into this?

Shipping address looked weird, so I Goog it.

2220 Meridian Blvd Ste SN141
Minden, NV 89423

Run into this Shipito
https://www.yelp.com/biz/shipito-minden

Guy is in Germany, but shipping to NV? I email him but have not gotten response. Feedback is 100% but most is from things he sells in Germany.
I recently had a situation like this and had no issue. I assumed it's sent to a friend to send along in some way to avoid import taxes.
It’s a shipping service. Whenever I’m in NZ I use a similar one (youshop) so I can have US parcels sent over to me.
davemfan
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Block this guy. Got the 'ol my kid bid on this b.s. speech, please cancel my bid.
ebay username: butt.bran
ImageImageImage
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Some EBer just put in a $50 offer on a $250 item, then they retracted that offer to resubmit a $25 offer. drymounting lol.
ImageT.K.C.
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am

does USPS priority international not provide delivery confirmation to canada or UK anymore?

i thought they did... but am seeing a message on ebay postage page:
Delivery Confirmation is not available for this shipping service, for the destination country that you've selected
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 am

Also, it seems I can't get signature confirmation to anything international through USPS. Looked into Fedex but it was going to be $125 to ship with insurance. :hanging:
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 pm

What does it take for you to block someone? Personally, I block in a microsecond if I get even a hint of douchery.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:26 pm

tourist504 wrote:What does it take for you to block someone? Personally, I block in a microsecond if I get even a hint of douchery.
Block buyer/bidder, https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resol ... y=Blocking a buyer&intent=block
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm

rka00 wrote:
tourist504 wrote:What does it take for you to block someone? Personally, I block in a microsecond if I get even a hint of douchery.
Block buyer/bidder, https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resol ... y=Blocking a buyer&intent=block
Oh, I know how to do it. I'm trying to see what a potential buyer would have to do to make you want to block them as a bidder? I suspect I am stricter than most.

I had a guy send me a lowball offer (2/3 of what I was asking, and I had not activated Best Offers - it was just a message), and I told him I would be lowering prices "in the coming weeks as items don't sell." The auction ends and it auto-relists at the same price and he messages me "so you relisted at the same price...cool." I blocked him on the spot. I don't need that kind of entitled snarkiness from a buyer. Plus the item sold last night for exactly what I listed it for - I hope he sees it.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:10 pm

tourist504 wrote:
rka00 wrote:
Oh, I know how to do it. I'm trying to see what a potential buyer would have to do to make you want to block them as a bidder? I suspect I am stricter than most.

I had a guy send me a lowball offer (2/3 of what I was asking, and I had not activated Best Offers - it was just a message), and I told him I would be lowering prices "in the coming weeks as items don't sell." The auction ends and it auto-relists at the same price and he messages me "so you relisted at the same price...cool." I blocked him on the spot. I don't need that kind of entitled snarkiness from a buyer. Plus the item sold last night for exactly what I listed it for - I hope he sees it.
I don't know about you being stricter than most, it has been said that "for the mouth speaks what the heart is full of" so I'd like to think that you may be on point.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:47 am

tourist504 wrote:
rka00 wrote:

Always amazes me when potential buyers antagonise me over repeated messages and expect me to give them good deals as well.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:40 am

Yeah, I had some clown send me a message offering $200 on a $500 BIN print saying he wasn't going to pay 10x the drop price. I wrote back telling that him that he wouldn't be buying the print and blocked him.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart